- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, this is what Sparkle came up with. I'm not really sure it came out the way I wanted it to, but I hope you enjoy it anyway. This takes place before season one.
Mother nature had thrown Washington D.C. into a deep FREEZE. Coating every surface in a thick blanket of ice. Causing most of the city to shut down including international intrigue. Things had definitely slowed down at the Agency and Francine Desmond was pissed. Ever since Jonathan left her at the altar she'd been WORKING nonstop, hiding from well meaning friends and family. And if she were honest with herself, her own feelings of failure.

Not wanting to face her empty apartment, she crossed the bull pen and stood in front of Scarecrow's desk. He hadn't left for the day yet either. Nine o'clock in the evening and the two of them were still sitting at their respective desks shuffling paper from one side of the desk to the other. She cleared her throat and he looked up at her.

"Is there something I can do for you, Francine?"

"You want to go get a drink down at Ned's?"

"Sounds good." He stood and slipped his suit jacket and top coat on, then helped her into her mink coat.

++++

They slipped and skidded down the few blocks to the restaurant and sat on stools at the bar. One drink turned into two and they flirted with each other. After the fourth drink, she suggested they go back to her place. Quickly, they hopped onto the METRO and sped to her apartment in Crystal City.

++++?

She led him directly to the bedroom and they tumbled onto the bed in a tangle of arms and legs. They came together in a frenzy, tearing at each other's clothes. It was over almost before it began.

Scarecrow slept beside her, snoring softly. She stared up at the ceiling and gently wiped at the tears streaming down her cheeks. She didn't regret what she'd done, and God knows it was good. Lee bringing her CLIMAX after climax but she still felt hollow inside, empty. She got out of bed and donned her robe, going into the living room so she didn't wake him up.

She stared out at the MONUMENTS in the distance trying to come to grips with her emotions. After a few deep breaths, she'd made up her mind, she was a strong, independent woman and she didn't need Jonathan Stone or any man to be happy. She went back into her bedroom and snuggled under the covers wrapping her arms around Lee and drifted into the first peaceful sleep she'd had in a long time.

END