- Text Size +
Amanda stood drying the dishes after dinner as her young sons sat at
the table enjoying their after dinner snack.

"First one to finish gets to pick the movie for tomorrow night, right?"
Philip asked.

"Yes," Amanda replied.

"Neato!"

"I'm gonna finish first Mom," Jamie replied.

"We're ready Mom," Philip told her as both boys had now unwrapped their
blue popsicles and held them ready in their hands, their tongues
already out their mouths, ready to take that first lick.

Amanda had to fight back the laugh as she observed them.

"Well, if you're both ready?"

"Oh yeah!" both boys exclaimed.

"Ready, set, go!" Amanda told them.

She watched her sons dive into their snacks, hoping that Jamie won the
contest because he had already revealed his pick of movie for tomorrow
night and it was so much more appealing than the horror flick that
Philip wanted to watch.

The boys were nearly finished when Dotty suddenly burst in through the
back door.

"Amanda, Amanda," the older woman hollered.

"Mother, what is?"

"Oh, Amanda, darling, I've never seen anything so, so, so..."

"Mother, calm down and tell me what you saw," Amanda instructed her.

"That new neighbor, the one that moved in down the street?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, when I was over at Lilly's, you know to return the extra cake
pans that we borrowed from her to make the cakes for the church bake
sale, well, that man, whatever his name is, he was sneaking around the
side of his house, and he was naked!"

"What?"

"Naked?" Philip repeated. "Cool!"

"Gross," Jamie shrieked.

"Cool? Philip how can you think it's cool, we've got a nudist in the
neighborhood. Next thing you know, we'll be seeing old Mr. Brinkley
jogging every morning in the nude."

"Gross," Philip said.

"Shoot!" Jamie suddenly cried out.

It took Amanda only one moment to comprehend why her youngest son
suddenly sounded annoyed.

They had gotten so caught up in the nude neighbor conversation that
they'd both lost interest in their popsicles and Jamies had melted
enough to slide of the stick and was now a melting blue puddle on the
floor.

"Neato! I won!"

"That's not fair!"

"Won what?" Dotty asked.

"Never mind Mother," Amanda told her. "The nude neighbor is gonna have
to wait. I've got a blue mess to clean up."

"Hmm.." Dotty murmured. "Did I mention that he had a nice backside?
I'd rate him a nine on a scale of one to ten."