- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: These characters belong to Shoot the Moon and Warner
Brothers et als. I don't own 'em, don't want to, just want to borrow
them for some fun!

Timeline: Just Prior to Season 3
Amanda slipped quietly away from her three captors as they argued
about what they should do next. She crept cautiously down the first
dimly lit corridor and made a right turn down another longer, more
brightly lit corridor. She tried each door knob as she passed them
hoping to find a place to hide, but all so far were locked up
tightly. As she neared the end of the long corridor, she began to
realize that she had made a mistake. She saw that it had been dead
ended by what looked to be a recently added cinderblock wall, which
she hadn't noticed at first in her haste to escape. As she made that
realization, she turned to go swiftly back the way she had just
come.

Unfortunately for her, there was the one they'd called Boris blocking
her only way out. Well, she thought, it might work to my advantage
that they sent Boris, the one who seemed to be the most inept of the
three captors.

"Well, well, well. What have we here?" Boris asked in English
coated with a thick Russian accent. "Was someone trying to escape?"
He asked her as he made his way slowly towards her. When he got
within a couple of feet of Amanda, he brandished a rather large,
shiny knife. He swiped at her almost playfully with the knife
causing Amanda to dance around to try to avoid the sharp blade.

"Mister? I have some advice for you…," Amanda warned.

"I really don't think you are in any position to be giving me any
advice, lady," Boris bit out as he again sliced at her with the knife.

"Get that thing away from me!" Amanda said forcefully. Then she
looked past Boris' right shoulder as if seeing someone on the other
end of the hallway. Boris looked back to see who might be
approaching.

As soon as he looked back, Amanda lunged forward with a knee to his
groin. "OOWWW!!!" Boris cried out in pain. Then, Amanda spiked his
instep with her heel. This caused Boris to cry out again in agony.

Boris dropped the knife on the floor and then promptly followed it,
curling up in a ball and rolling around in pain.

"Amanda!!" Lee yelled as he and Francine suddenly appeared at the
other end of the corridor. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine! There are two others down that other corridor to
the left." She informed them.

"We took care of them." Francine told her. And looking down at
Boris, she asked Amanda in a surprised tone, "What did you do to him?"

"Well, he had a knife and was threatening me with it. So, I
distracted him—made him think someone was coming up behind him.
Then, when he turned to look down the corridor, I kneed him in the
groin and spiked his instep! Both he and the knife dropped to the
floor. I guess those self-defense classes are really paying off!"
Amanda excitedly told them.

"I'd say so! Good work, Amanda." Lee said somewhat proudly as he
patted her soundly on the back, while Francine stood there too
stunned to comment.

"Oh, thanks Lee! Well, it was really nothing…" Amanda said, with a
blush tinting her cheeks, downplaying her role in Boris' capture.