- Text Size +
Lee held his hand up in front of him, and slowly backed away from his
adversary. "Get that thing away from me!"

His plea fell on deaf ears, she was still coming towards him, weapons in
hand. She gave him a withering look and motioned for him to take a seat.

Knowing he was defeated, he sank into the chair, and watched as she slowly
made her way closer to his position.

"Is this really necessary?" He made a grab for her but she side stepped his
attack.

Shaking her head at him, she grabbed his wrist and bent his arm. "No, it's
not. You have a choice. Either I can do it or we can have a doctor take a look
at it."

"But, it's gonna hurt."

"I promise, I'll be gentle."

He raked his hand through his hair, squeezed his eyes shut and raised his
bent arm higher for her.

With a light touch, she swabbed peroxide over his arm. He hissed at the
sting and she blew over the wound to ease his discomfort. Next, she placed a
large band-aid over the injury and lowered his arm.

"There, that wasn't so bad, was it?"

He opened his eyes and met her gaze. "No." He pouted. "Thank you, Dotty."

"You're welcome, dear. A word of advice though, next time you go
skateboarding with Phillip, wear elbow pads." She kissed his forehead and
stepped back,
allowing him to stand.

"Yes, ma'am." He turned and raced back outside. After all, his son was
waiting for him.

End