- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Scarecrow and Mrs King and its characters are the property of Warner
Brothers and Shoot the Moon Productions. . .

Timeframe: Third Season during We're Off to See the Wizard
Effraim Beaman whistled while he walked down the hallway leading to the Q
Bureau. He thought that he was getting into Agent Francine Demond's good
graces by delivering files to the Q Bureau. He really had no idea what he was
about to walk into.

He entered through the 'Film Library' door. Ambling toward the vault, he
veered to the right when he saw two people on the couch.
He adjusted the frames of his glasses to the tip of his nose.
"What are you two doing?"

"Beaman, old buddy!" Leatherneck quipped. "Ragmop here made quite a
discovery on Scarecrow's desk. Isn't that right, Ragmop?"

"You betcha it is."

"What is it?" Beaman pondered. He was shown a book. by Leatherneck, who
leafed through the pages. "Why, that looks like one of Stetson's little black
books. That's classified material! Get that thing away from me."

He slammed the door behind him and straightened his tie.

'I have scruples! I have morals! And one day, I will have Francine Desmond!
Effraim Beaman does not need a black book!'

the end