- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is just a piece of fluff. It takes place in that little apartment-for lack of a better word--they stayed at in Stemwinder Pt 2. I wanted to re-watch the episode but never had the chance so I apologize in advance if I got things wrong.

The usual annoying disclaimers apply.
Amanda had finally convinced Lee to lay down for a bit and snuggled next to him on the lumpiest mattress she'd ever had the misfortune of sleeping on. He slept deeply. His body still fighting the effects of whatever drug Sonja slipped him. She wiggled around trying to get more comfortable but gave up when a broken spring stabbed her in the back. Careful not to wake him, she slipped out of bed pulling the SHEETS around him.

She sat on the plaid sofa in the tiny living room and let the events of the past two days play out in her mind. Someone built a nice, neat FRAME around her and Lee and they had to figure out who, before it was too late.

Popping off the couch, she began to pace back and forth. Her foot caught on something. She looked down and spotted an ugly, purple UMBRELLA that must have been left by a previous occupant. She stuck it in a corner and started pacing again.

She had to find a way to get past the fact that people she worked with, considered friends, were now trying to arrest them for treason. Taking a few deep breaths, she pushed her emotions aside and began to look logically at the case from the very beginning. Given enough time, she was sure she'd find the KEYS to unlocking this mystery. Time was a luxury they couldn't afford.

She rested her head on the back of the couch and rubbed her temples. A dull headache was forming at the base of her neck, a sure sign she was stressed and longed for one of Lee's world famous MASSAGES. As soon as this was over, she promised herself, closing her eyes.

End