- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello ladies:

So I actually had an idea for the challenge which doesn't happen very often. As always I don't own them but I sure wish I could gain control of the WB because I would be a very happy gal....my two favorite shows--SMK and Smallville--all mine to do with as I please. Thanks to Julie T who helps to clean up my messes so that they are somewhat presentable.
Code Names and Secrets

"Morning Scarecrow.....Amanda," Billy heartily greeted both of his best agents as they entered his office.

"What's up, Billy? You made it sound so urgent that we rushed right down here," Lee asked, noting the odd look on their boss's face.

"It's nothing serious....trust me, Lee. I just decided that it was time that Amanda was given a code name," Billy offered as he tried unsuccessfully to hide his sly smile.

"Why assign me a code name now, sir? Not that I'm complaining, but Mrs. King has kind of become my unofficial code name. I'm not sure I could respond to anything else, and I'm fine if you want that to be my code name. Really, sir, I like the sound of Scarecrow and Mrs. King," Amanda responded with her usual ramble.

"Amanda, I realize that you might have an unofficial code name, but I've been getting a lot pressure from Dr. Smyth to come up with something more official for you. So Amanda, your code name is now Isis."

"Isis? What kind of name is that, Billy? That sounds like some weird flower or something. But I know you, Billy, you don't just give out a code name without a reason," Lee challenged, as he tried to figure out what Billy was up to.

"You're absolutely right, Scarecrow. Code names can be a key to who an agent is and what he or she is like as a person. Let me explain how I came up with Amanda's code name. Isis was the ancient Egyptian Goddess who was celebrated as the ideal mother and WIFE," Billy explained, emphasizing the word `wife' and sounding rather proud of himself.

"An ideal mother and WIFE, sir? I'm not sure where you would get an idea like that. I mean, I appreciate that you think that I'm a good mother to the boys, but the last time I checked, I was divorced," Amanda responded nervously. She was silently praying that Lee could get them out of this discussion before she slipped up and said too much.

"Well, I was hoping that this would be your opportunity to finally come clean about your relationship. I told you before that I was happy for you and would do whatever it takes to help keep you together. Listen, you two should know that I already know all about your marriage and have for some time. Did you really think you keep something like that hidden here at the Agency?" Billy chastised.

"Now, I'm not trying to force you to admit that you're married to everyone, but I'm sure that keeping all these secrets is bound to be a strain on your relationship. Just think about it, it can't be healthy for your relationship to live apart. Plus I'm certain that, once I announce Amanda's new code name to everyone in the bullpen, someone who knows the mythology behind it will begin to ask questions." Billy explained as he offered them what he believed to be the perfect opportunity to come clean.

"Come on, that's blackmail, Billy! You can't really expect us to just walk out there and announce to everyone that we're married…just like that," Lee challenged, snapping his fingers to emphasize his point.

"Not blackmail, Scarecrow. It's just a friendly hand-in-the-back to push you in the right direction." Billy countered with a smile.