- Text Size +
Amanda opened the door to the Q-Bureau. "Lee, are you in here?"

A loud bang and muffled curse told her someone was in the vault. She opened the vault door further and found her husband sitting on the floor among a messy pile of old case files. The way he was rubbing his head told her the loud bang she'd heard was his head hitting the bottom of the open drawer.

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you." She squatted down so she could be eye level with him and rubbed the sore spot on his head. " What are you doing in here?"

"Well, since you're graduating Friday, it's up to the team leader to assign a code name to all field agents assigned to him. I'm just going through some old files to see if I can come up with one for you." He kissed her nose.

She sat next to him. "So, what have you come up with?"

"I'm trying to find the perfect name, something that sums up everything you are. There are too many things to sum up in one word. For instance," he picked up a folder and opened it. "I thought about how you saved my life that day at the train station and Life Saver should be your code name. Then all I thought about those little hard candies, and figured you'd be called Candy and Candy with an "i" is part of a past I want to forget. So Life saver is out."

"Good!"

"Then I remembered how you got me out of Mrs. Welch's home and that crazy outfit you had on. I thought about Scout as a code name for you. But then I only thought of Tonto's horse. So that name no good."

"No, I don't really want to be compared to a horse."

Next, I decided to be selfish and thought about how lucky I am to have found you not only as my partner at work, but my partner in life. You're my good luck charm and then Shamrock popped into my head."

"Shamrock. I like that one."

"Oh, Amanda you are much, much more than just a good luck charm." He kissed her full on the lips. “You've made everything magical for me since the day I met you. I love you very much."

"I love you, too, sweetheart."

"Amanda, your code name is now Magician."

End