- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Author's Notes: Some of you may have to suspend disbelief for this story to work for you. I had fun with it and of course it's written off the cuff. This group's great for letting me know when something works, or not.
The New Codename

"Are you sure?" Amanda asked.

"I'm in charge, and it's time. You've acquired the necessary education, experience and knowledge. Amanda, your code name is now Blue Leader."

"WHAT? But Cheryl, I mean, the Blue Leader we have now, won't she be upset?"

"Blue Leader is soon to be FORMER Blue Leader...she is retiring as of Saturday. Some retired politician has stolen her heart. I heard a story, once, of a woman who ran off with a car mechanic--"

"But, I can't!"

"Of COURSE you can. Regrettably, it's mostly a desk job. But that makes us even. So's mine."

"Sneaky, very sneaky." Amanda crossed her arms. "You're doing this on purpose."

"I always have ulterior mostives. I also happen to have the UTMOST confidence in you."

"Yes, sir."

"Don't you 'yes, sir' me."

"Then, how do I address YOU?"

"How you always have, of course, as Lee." He rounded his desk to embrace her.

"So what do my duties entail?" She asked, looking up at him.

"That's Red Leader's job," Lee gave a laugh. "Basically, you'll help me, as section chief, to share the worry over all the Agents we have out there."

"But, I have more power than you do." Amanda pointed out, still not understanding how she gained the position.

"No, just more secrecy. You will have agents on missions I might not know about, until I need to. I know I can trust you and that it will be for the protection of the nation."

"I accept, then. Better go see what I can learn from Red Leader and the *current* Blue Leader." Amanda headed to the door, reluctant to let go of her husband, and turned around, "Thank you, Lee."

"I'll see you at dinner." Lee said, confident as ever in his wife.

The End