- Text Size +
Lee led Amanda over to the couch and wrapped her in his arms.

Amanda lifted her head from his chest and kissed him. "Dinner was amazing tonight. Thank you."

"You're welcome" Lee said as he pulled her closer. "I love making dinner for you. What do you say you stay here with me tonight?"

"As much as I would love to, we have a very early day tomorrow. Plus the boys are leaving with Joe after school to spend the weekend, so I would really like to see them in the morning to say goodbye. I'm sorry." Amanda said sadly. She hated when she had to let him down like this.

"I understand Amanda." Lee told her. "I just hate having to let you go every night and wake up alone in my bed. Tell me why we're doing this again?"

"Well," Amanda said, "we agreed it would be the best way to keep our family safe, but lately I've been doing a lot of thinking and we need to talk about telling everyone. I don't want to live like this anymore."

"Ok then, we will discuss the best way to come clean and when the boys come home from their weekend we tell them and your mother." Lee led her to the door and hugged her tightly. "Only a few more nights and we never have to leave each other. I can't wait to be a family Amanda."

Amanda happily agreed. "Neither can I Lee."