- Text Size +
Even if in the other parts of the city the lights and noise were in
full swing in the suburbs the silence and peace were overwhelming. The
houses and backyards were submerged in darkness and the occupants deep
in the dreaming land.

The white house in Maplewood Drive 4247 wasn't different, but if
someone would have approached the gazebo they would have seen and heard two
people whispering while waiting for a third to appear.

Kurt's strangled voice raise a little above a dog barking through
chattering teeth. "Tell me why we're doing this again?"

"Why?" replied the second chattering one, Lee's. " Because you wanted
those opera tickets for Dotty, a gift for taking the flying license,
because you choose a show who play with " No more tickets" label since
last year, and because it is fair that you wait with me in the cold
for Auggie to come with the tickets so if I catch a cold you would had
one too."

"Right! Thank you Lee, but please, for the next time when our ladies
deserve a gift just kick me, before I open my mouth. This way we can
talk and decide together, because I hate this Cold!"

" Deal! Now Auggie, where the hell are you, I strongly hope you have
those tickets ......or else!"