- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
B5
"Having fun yet?"

"No," said the opponent slightly out of breath. The two men fought until
they were tied up for the umpteenth time. "Tell me why we're doing this
again?"

"Because you need the practice," said the other man pushing the opponent out
of the tie up.

"Well, that's obvious," the opponent said rolling his eyes. The two men
prowled one another with their pikes.

"Besides...." the other started trying to get his opponent off guard. "This
will help you in the future."

"The future?'"

"With Earth."

"Earth?" questioned Captain Sheridan. Caught off guard Sheridan had lowered
his pike and Marcus got a good shoot into the captain's chest knocking
the him to the floor. He looked up stunned. "How's that?"

"You can't let your guard down," Marcus said approaching him giving out a
hand to help him up which Sheridan accepted. "Especially with people whom
you consider your friend." Sheridan nodded in agreement.

"Want to go again? You're going to need all the help you can get to at
least make a good showing fighting Delenn."

Sheridan smirked at his comment. "Yeah. I need all the help I can get to
pass this ritual."

Marcus laughed at the captain. "It doesn't matter if you win or lose.
Whoever wins gets to decide whether to continue the relationship or not and
I don't think Delenn would dump you even if you lose. But you don't want to
look like a wimp do you?"

The last statement stirred Sheridan up. "Bring it on!" he hollered getting
into a serious fighting stance. Marcus knew he in for a hell of a fight the
rest of the afternoon.

End