- Text Size +
"The Dream"

Amanda stirred beside Lee. It was 5 a.m., and they still had an hour to go before the alarm would let them know it was time to get ready to go into the Agency for the day. Lee had been awake for the last hour or so; however, and by this point had even developed a stiff neck lying there trying not to wake Amanda up. He was glad to feel her moving around and was hoping she was going to wake up soon.

He began thinking about how lucky he felt to able wake up beside her every day now that they had come clean about their relationship as husband and wife. Amanda began to stir again and as she did, she began to mumble in her sleep breaking him out of his pleasant thoughts of waking up beside her this morning. He turned over carefully to see if he could decipher what she was dreaming about.

"It looks like we are heading for that black hole!!" Amanda said, her voice getting louder now as if the dream was becoming more intense. "I'm trying to steer us away from it, but Captain, I need help! If we could just reverse course make it back to the station…"

Amanda was becoming more restless lying beside him as the dream continued to intensify. "Oh my gosh, we're going to crash into that giant asteroid! It's coming straight towards us! Great it's either get sucked into the black hole or crash into the asteroid and burn," she said in a somewhat sarcastic tone. Lee smiled at his wife. Even in her dreams, she could be so charming and funny. God, how he loved this woman!

"Amanda? Amanda?" Lee questioned, as he gently shook his wife awake.

"John?" Amanda asked in a groggy voice as she attempted to wake up. Then as she became more aware of her surroundings she asked, "What's wrong? Oh Lee, I'm sorry, did I wake you? Was I dreaming?"

"No, I was already awake. That must have been some dream. And who is ~John~ anyway?" Lee asked feigning annoyance at being called John by Amanda in her half-asleep state.

"John?" a confused Amanda asked. Then the dream started coming back to her. "You know, that was a really odd dream, Lee. YOU were John. You and I were on this space ship together leaving a space station named Babylon 5. You were the Captain of the station. I'm not sure why we were leaving the station, but," Amanda explained. "I was trying to help you pilot the space ship away from this huge black hole. Suddenly a giant asteroid came out of nowhere and just as we began winning the fight with the black hole. Just before the asteroid collided with the ship, I woke up. Wasn't that an odd dream?"

Because he had known her long enough to know she would not be offended and the fact that she knew he loved her like no other woman he had ever dated, Lee said laughing, "Well, as you know, in my "past life" I was on occasion an astronaut!"


END