- Text Size +
"Oh, please Phillip, don't make me ask a second time, you know the new girls in our class: don't you think it would be great for our chances with them to be seen in your stepfather’s cool car?"

"Yes, I know that will improve 100% our chances, but I don't know. I don't have courage to ask Lee, not that I would be refused, no way, he is the best, but I'm still ashamed about that time I almost messed up his engine! Of course he didn't say anything, but I remember that they used mom's car to go to work, and I know it was me who broke the Vette."

Unnoticed by the two teenagers, Lee Stetson made this way near the gazebo, he didn't want to spy on them but the word "Vette" caught his attention. "What were they up too?"

"Phillip, come on can you simply ask him, to gave us a ride at the Arcade, on Saturday, Mark said he heard them speaking about a visit there!"

"Timmy......" Phillip's words died on his lips when he saw Lee's shadow at gazebo's entrance.

" Ah.... Uhm...I wish we could continue this, but I've got to get this report done, by tomorrow, you know, the one at...History!"

And with those words Timmy pure and simply evaporate himself from their sight.

"You heard, Huh?"

"Yes, Phillip, but before you say something let me first: you didn't do anything wrong that time to the Vette. We didn't use it because it was in the shop for the periodic check up."

" Lee, are you telling me the truth?" Phillip's eyes lit and he gave his stepfather a heartfelt hug.

"Would I lie to you? Now - what about that ride?"