- Text Size +
Amanda and Lee entered Lee's apartment.

"That was a terrific anniversary party for Billy and Jeannie," Amanda said as Lee hung their coats in the closet. "Francine did a wonderful job arranging everything."

"Yes she did", Lee agreed. "The happy couple were very surprised when they entered the hall and discovered a celebration in their honor."

Amanda laughed, "I still can't believe Billy did not find out about it. Nothing gets by him and everyone in the bullpen has been talking about this party for weeks."

"Well if he knew, he put on a great performance tonight. Would you like something to drink?" Lee asked as he led her to the couch.

"Maybe just coffee. You wait here and I will go make us some." Amanda gave him a kiss on the cheek and went into the kitchen.

While she was busy in the kitchen, Lee decided a little music was in order. He turned on the stereo and waited for her to return.

Amanda brought in a tray carrying their coffee and two pieces of cake that she had made him the day before. She put the tray on the table, then felt two strong arms around her waist. "You gorgeous thing, you!" he whispered in her ear. "Come dance with me."

Amanda turned in his embrace. "Didn't we already do a lot of that this evening?"

"Yes we did, Lee nodded, but that was as partners and in front of everyone from the agency." He pulled her close against him and ran his hands up and down her back. "This is how I really wanted to dance with you tonight" he whispered in her ear, then placed soft kisses on the part of her neck he knew would drive her crazy.

Amanda wrapped her arms around him and laid her head on his chest. "You're right, this is much nicer."

No other words were said as they swayed to the sensual rhythm of the song playing in the background, totally lost in each other and the secret love only they shared together.