- Text Size +
Billy Melrose walked out the closet elevator and turn toward the stairs to Q-Bureau, he knew his best agent, well half of his best team was there. It was Friday, it was late but the difficult case they wrapped up needed some last loose ends tied. They sent Amanda home. She wanted to see her family.

Billy approached the slightly open door, when he heard Lee's full of emotion voice:

"You gorgeous thing, you!"

"What the hell!" Did he bring one of the steno pool girls in, to help him?" thought Billy with a deep frown on the face. He decided to listen more, and then to see how he can bring his star agent on the good track, he thought Lee had some kind of relationship with Amanda. Ok Lee didn't have a good relation with the typewriter but that didn't give him the right to bring a steno-member here.

"You are really gorgeous, you know? I had to get my eyes checked. I can't believe how long it took me to see you. It is like I saw you for the first time, despite you're here for what...3 years, no? How to say to you what you mean to me? How to open my mouth to speak to you, when I barely can speak loud when I'm alone?

"That's it! Enough is enough!"

"Look Scarecrow....."

Billy pushed hard the door, with flames on his eyes prepared to reprimand his agent, but the rest of the words died on his lips, Lee was alone in the Q.

"Where is she, Lee?"

"What are you talking about Billy, Amanda? She's at home!" answered Lee with a puzzled expression on his face.

"Leave Amanda, I know she's at home, who were you talking too, and don't pretend, I heard you loud and clear calling her gorgeous, so once again: Where is she?

"Oh Billy, sit down please, I'm alone up here" Lee raise his hand, when he saw his friend trying to talk, "I was 'talking' to Amanda, Billy."

Lee showed Billy a photo which was lying face down on his desk, it was Amanda's, taken at the embassy party they were the week before.

"Isn't she gorgeous Billy? Look her eyes, her face, her hair her...everything, She is gorgeous Billy!"

Billy Melrose never ever had seen Lee acting and talking like that, and the look in his eyes! Lee was in love.

"Yes she is Lee, but what is the problem here, why do you speak to a photo, and not to the real person?"

A deep sigh emerge from Lee's chest.

"I can't Billy, I am blocked, every time I look at her, every time she looks at me with her wonderful eyes , I'm lost and no words come out from my mouth. And, let's say I somehow manage to talk, how she will react when for the last three years I always said there is nothing personal and emotional between us."

Billy's heartfelt laugh filled the office.

"Lee gave that woman a little credit and gave it to your feelings too, don't you think that she knows by know how do you feel? Lee women are more receptive then us, I assure you she knows how you feel, and from what I saw she feel the same, but she is expecting you to open up."

"Are you sure Billy, What if...."

"None of 'what if's" Lee I'm sure. Go, go and tell her all you said to her picture minutes ago."

"Thanks Billy, see you Monday "

"Tuesday. Lee both off you have the Monday off, with one condition: call me tomorrow and tell me how it worked."

Lee's face lit up instantly, he rose from his chair, put his jacket on, throw the Vette keys in the air, catch them and flew out of the door with: "Deal!"