- Text Size +
Amanda had warned her mother that she would be going to work earlier,
as usual her mother went through the 20 questions, none of which
Amanda could answer truthfully. Amanda told a white lie saying she
was having an early morning meeting with her colleague and wanted to
get there in time to prepare for it.

By the time Amanda arrived at work it was 7.50am and she was looking
forward to her coffee and bagels with Lee. She went into her office
and found it empty, so she wondered down to the bullpen to see if he
was there and saw a few night crew getting ready to go home and the
cleaners sorting out the rubbish and mopping floors. She decided to
you are going?" She asked in that rather annoying nosey tone of voice.

'Oh here we go.' Amanda couldn't really complain she had missed
Francine even though she was so annoying. She turned to Francine and
smiled."I was just going out to get some food I didn't have any
breakfast and I am famished. Oh how was your holiday?" She added as
an afterthought knowing Francine would run away rather than talk about
personal life.

"Oh I had a wonderful time." She looked at her watch. "Oh look at the
time I need to dash, speak to you later." Francine left rather
hastily leaving Amanda grinning at her inner triumph. "Gotcha again."
Amanda whispered.

Back upstairs in the office Amanda sat clearing up some papers while
waiting for Lee. The lack of food made her emotions go into
overload. She started to feel disappointed, it was 8.20 am and she
had been looking forward to this breakfast meeting since Lee had
mentioned it last night. Even though they were still friends she felt
excited about it. If they were just friends, she wouldn't be sat here
getting excited like a teenage girl pining after the handsome boy in
her class who would never date her. Why was she even thinking of
dating this was so silly. Amanda put her head in her hands trying to
clear her head and to make sense of her thoughts. Coffee was the key,
no talking to Lee was the key, no coffee is not the key eating would
be better that way she would not get so nervous and start to ramble on
like she normally does.

Amanda had just stared clearing things up again in a vain attempt to
distract herself when Lee walked in. "Sorry I am late there was a
crash and I had to take a detour." Lee noticed Amanda was looking
nervous he knew her well enough now to know her emotional state but
chose not to comment. He was not the worlds best at dealing with
women and their emotions and he felt that this time it was more
complicated and probably had something to do with him. "You look like
a woman in need of bagels and strong coffee." Lee said in a calming
manner. He smiled and offered her his hand to help her get up. "Lets
get out of here, I can take you to a nice little place over in George
Town then we can go on that small mission I mentioned last night."

"Wonderful." Amanda took his hand and grabbed her notebook and
followed him. As soon as he was not looking at her she smiled, that
feeling of excitement was back and making her heart race. She finally
knew where she wanted to go in life, this was what she loved to do and
being Lee's partner felt so right to her. Being here right now with
Lee was the what made her life complete. The only thing now was to
figure out if he felt the same way.

The End