- Text Size +
"I have to find out what's that, and I will find out. I'm Francine
Desmond, one of the best agents around here, and no one can keep
something important from me."

The elegant blond agent mumbled for herself. I have to find the
reason for the almost nauseous sweet expression on Lee's face. It
wasn't new, if I'm right, two weeks ago I noticed it for the first
time.

She poked and prodded without resting but all she got was "Need to
know Francine" and him hightailing to the Q Bureau or any other place
lightning speed.

"Francine, call Lee, down here now," Billy's voice startled her.

God! If I see this look again I'm going to be sick, she mumbled
watching her colleague approaching the bullpen.

"Francine, Lee I want you two to watch the warehouse on Bond Street
tonight, we got rumors of a KGB secret meeting there."

"Me, Billy? What about Amanda? After all she is Scarecrow's
partner. I can't, I have a date tonight, he is a prince, the
prince of... Well this is ‘need to know for now,’ he invited me at
one superfancy party, and I already bought a designer gown, silver
in color with....."

"Francine!!! STOP ! what's that? Amanda stopped her ramblings and you
picked up from where she left them?
For your information, Amanda has a parents meeting tonight, and
then a found raising party, the school needs new computers," said
Billy looking at Lee who was nodding in approval.

Francine was fuming next to her car waiting for Lee to pick her up.
Her gown remained unused, her prince sounded upset when she called and
cancelled the date and the remark SHE was rambling like that annoying
housewife just grated her brain.
Catching a glimpse of the silver vette, she made her mind: tonight
she will find out all about Lee's new appearance.

Yes her mind was set up, but the gods weren’t good with her, the
seasoned agent knew all her tricks, so the dreaming look was still
on Lee's face now with an matching almost, silly grin, and she
didn't know more then in the morning about the reason why he wore it.

It was almost midnight when Billy called the stakeout off, the
rumors were right but the location was wrong, and he had already a
team near by who can check. So they were free.

Francine wasn't a woman who gave up easily. Her night was ruined
and she didn't have any scruples to ruin anyone's else, so the only
thought on her mind was to bait Lee to take her to eat or maybe a
drink, something late hour or not, she was determined not to let him
off the hook, she NEED TO KNOW!

Her plans were crushed once again when Lee after driving to the
Agency garage, helped her out of the vette and walked her to the red
Mustang and turned away with a "Good night Francine."

"And where do you think you're going? What do you say, maybe we can
eat something or a drink, come on Lee the night is young!"

"Sorry Francine, I'm expected to made an appearance at a party
tonight and I have to go home and dress up"

"A party!!! Can I go too? You know I have a new gown."

"I don't think a school party would made your gown shine like it
should, and you too...."

"A school party? Don't tell me you are going to Amanda's party? Lee
this isn't you...

But Lee didn't answer, her question got lost in the vette's engine
roar.