- Text Size +
Amanda had managed to get up earlier than normal she was going out on
a date with Lee and wanted to avoid any questioning from her mother.
Her plan was get a nice dress her makeup and a nice notebook and sneak
it into her car before her mother saw her. Amanda had just reached
the back door when her mothers voice rang out behind her. "What are
you planning to do with that?" She asked in that nosey motherly tone
of voice which meant I won't give up on this one till I get an answer
voice.

'Shoot, caught red handed' Amanda thought. 'Now what excuse can I
give for this or should I just confess'. Amanda realized that her
mind was not working properly she was without breakfast and caffeine.

She turned round and beamed at her mother a sweet smile but could not
hid the blushing cheeks. "Mother I'm going out tonight on a date."

"A Da....."

"Mother please let me finish, I did not want to say anything because
well I don't have a good track record for these things and did not
want to you know jinx it."

Dotty softened a little. "Okay I promise not to push you on this
one. I just hope he is someone we can trust to let into this family"

"I am almost 100% we can trust him mother, I'd bet my life on it."

"Okay well go put your dress in the car and lets get some breakfast,
you look like you need a coffee." Dotty said.

"Thanks mother" she leaned over and gave her mom a kiss on the cheek.

"I want to hear all about it tonight when you get home" Dotty said as
a last thought.

"Mother" Amanda said smiling again and blushing.