- Text Size +
Francine sighed yet again as she watched the hotel manager shouting at
his assistants who seemed to have lost the release key for the
revolving doors.

"Officer, I can explain." Amanda said as the officer wrote in his
note pad.

"We were coming through the doors when the guys behind us shoved the
door really hard, that is when Francine's dress became trapped in the
door. If the man had not been so impatient we would not be in this
situation." Amanda said rather breathlessly.

The officer had a pained look on his face and wished he was somewhere
else. " I fully understand that Mrs. King. All that Ms Desmond has to
do is pull away from the door and the man can get out and I can go
home."

"Oh no Sir, you don't understand she wouldn't want to rip her dress."

"If she does not pull away from the door, I will have to help her and
in doing so I will be forced to arrest her for obstruction of justice."

"Oh My Gosh." Amanda exclaimed.

The hotel assistant ran up to Francine looking rather flustered. "I'm
sorry we still can't find the release key." He leaned towards her
holding something in his hands that made Francine put her hands up in
front of her with a look of pure horror on her face.

"What are you planning to do with that?" She said in a rather high
pitched voice.

"We need to cu...

"Get away from me with those scissors. This is a Manhattan red beaded
chiffon designer dress that cost me $600."

The assistant backed away looking rather embarrassed.

Lee came from the back of the hotel and looked around at the strange
situation "What is going on here?"

Amanda put her hand to her temple suddenly wishing she was not there.

The man trapped in the revolving door finally lost it shouting through
the door he shoved them as hard as he could causing Francine to be
pulled back then thrown forward. A loud ripping noise echoed through
the silent lobby. Her dress had a rip all the way up the side along
the seam showing her stockings and suspenders. Apart from the rip the
dress was still in tact and the man was finally free. The officer
tilted his head to get a better view of her legs. He grinned and
mumbled "nice legs."

The man who was free started to shout at Francine but did not get more
than two words out of his mouth when Lee approached him and showed him
his ID. "I wouldn't say another word if you know what is good for
you." The man grimaced and stormed off and started to shout at the
hotel manager instead.

Lee then had a word with the officer who listened intently then
relaxed before turning around to address Amanda and Francine. "Ladies
since everything is under control I will leave to get on with your
day". He then approached Francine and handed her his card. "If you
would like to go on a date please drop me a line." Then he left the
hotel trough the back door. a steady stream of people walked past
slowly in the hope to pick up some juicy gossip to talk about later.

"Can we get out of here please I need to change." Francine said
looking red as a beetroot.

"Oh no Francine I think you look great the way you are. It is a
statement that has to be seen by many. I don't think you will have a
problem getting a date in that dress." Amanda said.

Lee and Amanda took one look at Francine and suddenly burst out
laughing.