- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters and make no money from this story. The Plushies and Furries are borrowed from an episode of CSI.

Setting: New Years Eve, 1987. Marriage is still a secret.

Notes: The Grand Hyatt Washington’s Website: http://grandwashington.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a round robin story; I’ve started the story, getting it set up for all the authors who want to take a chapter. This will be first come first serve on who will write the subsequent chapters. After a chapter is posted, the first person to post that they want the next chapter will have it. Please make sure to put the title and chapter in the heading of your post, and also note the rating in the heading at the beginning of your chapter. The chapter you write can be any rating you wish. Have fun as you take Lee, Amanda, and the rest of the crew from The Agency on their New Years Eve adventures. You can take them on journeys to other parties being held at the hotel and even to places where they can have a little fun time. You can also have other characters exploring the parties. It will be interesting to see how this party turns out, and if they will run into anyone else that they know.
New Years Eve Adventures

“It was nice of Dr. Smyth to have a New Years Eve Party for everyone at the Agency.” Amanda glanced at her reflection in the gilded columns that flanked the entry into the convention center at the Grand Hyatt Washington. Her red dress fit like a glove, accentuating her narrow waist. Her hair was piled high on her head and her make up was a little bolder than usual. Glancing at Lee she was again amazed at how wonderful he looked in a tux.

“He must’ve lost a bet or something. That man isn’t much for showing his appreciation to his staff.” Lee guided Amanda to the sign that listed the locations of the many parties being held in the hotel that night.

“Let’s see where we’ll be this evening.” Amanda looked to the top of the list; one of the large ballrooms had been divided into smaller rooms, and it looked like the ballroom at the end of the hall was for The Agency, under the guise of International Federal Film.

Lee led her down the hall past the other parties. She was amazed at the diversity of soirees that were being held. The first room on the left held the Washington DC Psychic Friends, the room next to them was hosting PETA. On the opposite side of the hall was a very boisterous crowd of Weight Watchers, while next to them was the Pierre Dumont Pastry school alumni.

Amanda felt Lee slow down beside her; he had a very puzzled look as he stared into the next room. It was filled with what she assumed were adults, dressed in animal costumes. She looked back at the sign “PAR Con, Plushies and Furries. I wonder what that’s all about?”

“I don’t think you want to know. I’ve heard about these people, something about getting in touch with your inner animal or something like that.”

“Oh, I see . . . Tiger.”

Lee drew her close to his chest and growled. “You can be quite a little minx yourself. By the way, how did you get into that position last night?”

“I’ll never tell, just be glad I’m still fairly flexible.”

The couple continued down the hall, passing the Rebecca’s Fantasies Model party, and the DC Area Body Builders Association.

Amanda finally saw the IFF sign as Lee led her toward the door. Taking a quick peek behind her, she saw the name of the last party that was in that part of the convention center, The International Tattoo Artists Union.

“Lee, did you notice all the different groups that are having parties here tonight? It’s quite a variety of people all under one roof.”

“Yes it is. What do you say we check out a few of the other parties later?”

“You just want to check out the models down the hall.”

Lee leaned close and whispered in her ear as they walked into the ballroom. “You’re a much better lingerie model than anyone in that room. I particularly liked that little leopard and lace number you had on last night.”

“Lee, Amanda!” Billy’s voice boomed beside them. “I’m glad you two could make it.”

They turned and greeted their boss and his wife. Looking around the room Amanda realized that most of the people that they knew were already there. Francine ran past them uttering a hello with Beaman hot on her trail. Leatherneck and most of the steno pool hovered around the bar doing shots. Even Dr. Smyth was in attendance, cigarette holder in one hand and a martini in the other. There had to be over 300 people there, from every section and division within the DC branch of The Agency.

“I wouldn’t miss this shindig for the world.” Lee relaxed his grip around her waist.

“I’m just glad to see that someone helped keep your name of the duty roster over the holidays.” Billy winked at Amanda as he nodded to other partygoers who were passing by. “I haven’t seen either of you around the bullpen for over a week.”

“Well, I decided to let someone else pull in the extra holiday pay this year.”

“Yeah, right.” Billy’s belly shook like Santa Claus as he attempted to keep his laughter under control

“See you later, Billy.” Amanda felt Lee’s hand on her back and his warm breath in her ear. “Let’s go get ourselves a drink, shall we?”

There were four bars set up around the room, with a large buffet table in the near corner. They stopped for a passing conga line, and almost got run over by Fred Fielder trying to join behind a voluptuous blond from the steno pool. As they saw the line snake it’s way around the crowd, Amanda noticed who was in the lead, none other than Mrs. Marston.

Lee ordered them each a margarita and led the way to the tables at the far side of the room. Seating was sparse, but he finally found a table for two in the back corner.

“I can’t believe how many people are here. Lee, look over there, it’s Rupert, Glynis and Lois, and what looks to be almost every resident from Birchwood.”

“Uh oh, we’re in trouble now, they really know how to party. I hope the bartenders have already cut them off. Rupert, can be a funny drunk though.”

Amanda shook her head then sipped her drink.

Soon they’d finished their drinks. They sat close together in their dark corner hideaway and watched their friends dancing, drinking and already starting to make fools of themselves. A couple of rookie agents were arm-wrestling a few tables over. It even looked like Dr. Smyth was loosening up.

“Well, Amanda, what do you say we go mingle a little bit?”

“That’s a wonderful idea. Lead the way.”

Lee placed his hand on her back as he guided her through the crowded tables. They came out onto the dance floor and ran into . . .

TBC