- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: These characters don’t belong to me. They belong to WB and Shoot The Moon Productions.

Timeline: This story is set toward the end of the third season. This definitely breaks canon! A.U.
Amanda watched the telephone poles pass by while sitting in the passenger seat of Lee’s Corvette. With tension mounting, Amanda brought her hand to her mouth and nervously bit the cuticles. ‘At least he told me ahead of time,’ she thought. Playing husband and wife was always tough, but playing newlyweds, made it even tougher. Even though it was obvious that their feelings toward one another were growing, Amanda wasn’t sure if she could continue to be pursued in such a slow manner. She loved Lee very much, but didn’t want to spoil anything by rushing him. Lee was very careful to take his time with Amanda, trying to get to know her, and she respected him for that. Amanda felt his warm hand extricate her own away from her mouth and place it on his lap. He covered her hand with his, gently massaging it with his thumb.

“Why are you so quiet, Amanda?” Lee asked, glancing at her while awaiting an answer.

Amanda turned in his direction, smiling when she met his glance. “I’m just thinking, Lee.”

“May I ask about what?” Lee inquired softly.

“I’m just thinking about this weekend, and our cover. I remember the last time we were in this kind of predicament,” Amanda replied with a small grin.

“Are you thinking about the Cumberland, Amanda? That was ages ago, and things were much…different…. then. We’re headed for Georgia,” he joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Amanda smiled, recalling the events at the Cumberland. She had asked for a roll away bed in their “honeymoon suite.” She remembered the look on Lee’s face when she made that suggestion and the aggravation present in his tone of voice.

“This will be a piece of cake, Amanda. We only have to stay for the weekend and keep our eyes and ears open to locate our contact,” Lee comforted her. “I must say I’m very surprised that Allen hasn’t been in contact with me. When it comes to time constraints, he could put Billy to shame.”

“Thank you, Lee,” Amanda replied, placing her hand on top of his. She caressed it gently, trying to show him that she was comfortable with the situation.

“Well I did have to think on my feet. Most of the couples are getting married as we speak. When I made the reservations, I told them we had just eloped and wanted to spend our weekend at Honeymoon Haven.” From the moment Allen contacted him and arranged the meeting, Lee suspected something was very wrong at the hotel but for the time being, he decided to quiet about his concerns.

His thoughts quickly returned to Amanda and even though she went out of her way to show him how fine she was with the accommodations, he knew better. He loved Amanda, even though he couldn’t admit it to her, at least he had finally admitted it to himself.

An hour later, they arrived at the Inn and Lee approached the front desk to retrieve the room key. While he waited, he made a quick assessment of the hotel lobby. The main hall was decorated with bells and a welcome honeymooners banner. The open chapel wasn’t visible from the main hall, but there were signs strategically located throughout the area pointing couples in the right direction. Love was in the air and newlyweds were scattered about openly showering each other with affection.

Amanda didn’t even realize Lee was behind her until he slipped his hands around her waist. She stiffened momentarily, not used to such intimate contact from him.

“I’m sorry, honey. Did I startle you?” Lee whispered against her ear.

Playing the part, Amanda was quick to respond. “I didn’t even hear you come up behind me. I was admiring all the beautiful decorations, dear.”

“Come on, Amanda. Let’s go up to our room,” Lee whispered seductively in front of the other couples.

When they arrived at the door, Lee opened it and ushered Amanda inside. She was well aware of the routine and waited until they were inside before beginning a conversation with him.

“Oh my, this is gorgeous,” Amanda stated, taking in the scenery. The room was decorated in a soft mauve, with white daisies and daffodils covering the mantle and the cocktail table. Off in the corner of the room, she spotted a bottle of chilled champagne, and two flutes.

“I’m glad you like it, darling,” Lee replied, while casually checking the room for any bugs. When the tracker alarm went off he motioned to Amanda to be quiet while he pinpointed the exact location of the bug. As he entered the double doors of the bedroom, the signal grew stronger. He put the tracker away, and nonchalantly scanned the room for the hidden bug.

Lee exited the bedroom and suggested that they take a stroll out along the beach. He saw Amanda’s reluctance and motioned for her to follow him.

They walked arm and arm through the hallway until they reached the elevator. Once inside, Amanda gave him a questionable look. Lee smiled, but continued to remain silent.

Lee graciously held the side door open for Amanda as they stepped out onto the sidewalk. They walked arm in arm along the concrete, the chilly wind blowing through Amanda’s hair. “Here, take my jacket, Amanda. It’s too cold out here for you,” Lee insisted, removing his jacket before she had time to protest.

“Thank you, Lee,” Amanda replied softly, “but you really didn’t have to go to any trouble for me.”

Normally, Lee would have continued to insist that she take the jacket, but he was lost in his own thoughts as he instinctively wrapped it around her shoulders.

“Lee, what’s wrong? What’s going on?” Amanda asked with slight reluctance. She knew something was troubling him by the painful expression written all over his face.

“Huh…oh, uh nothing’s wrong,” Lee tried unsuccessfully to hide his discomfort with a small smile.

“Don’t give me that, Lee. I can always tell when there is something on your mind,” Amanda reminded him. “Remember the time when we were at Station 1, and you…”

“Okay, okay,” Lee interrupted. After taking a deep breath, Lee continued, “I don’t think we’re going to be able to do this assignment.”

Amanda stood for a moment staring into his eyes somewhat flabbergasted. A million thoughts raced through her mind, searching for a valid answer for Lee’s statement. ‘Did I do something wrong? Is he afraid to be alone with me?’ The questions circulated throughout her head. Stopping to find the reason for his uncertainty, Amanda turned to him, placing her hand on his chest. “Why?”

“Amanda, there’s a bug in the bedroom of our suite. I took a quick look and I found a hidden camera, too.”

Thoroughly confused, Amanda shook her head side to side. “So why is that a problem? I mean we’ve played our covers pretty well so far, even in our room,” Amanda tried to reason with him.

“Amanda!” Lee eyes were now wide open, forcing her to see the problem. “We’re newlyweds, on our honeymoon, with a camera and listening device in the bed…”

“Ohhh,” she interrupted, reality finally sinking in. “Lee, can’t we…well I mean…could we…” she realized there was no solution to the problem and let out a long sigh.

“Let me call Billy, and tell him this isn’t going to work. We’re going to end up blowing our covers,” Lee insisted.

Amanda continued to hold him in place, pressing against his chest. “Wait, Lee! This is our job. We can do this, somehow,” Amanda encouraged.

Lee was now completely confused. Shaking his head, he cleared his thoughts. “No, no we can’t. I can’t do this, I won’t do this to you, to us,” he insisted.

“You won’t be doing anything to me, Lee. We need to agree on that. This is a mutual decision, or not at all. Can’t we just prete…”

“You want me to pretend to make love to you?” Lee interrupted rather abruptly. “Amanda, I don’t know if I…nevermind. Let’s not have this discussion.” Lee turned away from her, unable to look into her eyes.

Amanda grabbed him by the arm, forcing him to stop. “Lee, stop, please. I can do this…with you. All we have to do is find our contact tomorrow. I trust you, Lee,” Amanda reinforced her statement, caressing his forearm.

‘Do I trust myself?’ Lee thought. They stood for several moments just searching each other’s eyes for any sign of negativity. “Amanda, I…I don’t want to ruin anything between us.”

“Lee.”

“Let me finish, Amanda. What I’m trying to say is I don’t ever want to ruin our friendship…. wherever it leads us,” Lee stated, the seriousness noted in his tone.

“I know that,” Amanda murmured softly, caressing his cheek. “We’ll be just fine,” she added.

The couple sat on the beach going over every detail, every nuisance, and every last minute question that arose about the impending situation. The plan was somewhat simple. Both agreed that Lee would light candles in the bedroom, slip into bed, and wait for Amanda to emerge from the bathroom in a negligee. He watched her closely throughout the conversation, searching for any sign that she was uncomfortable with the situation. ‘She seems calmer than me,’ Lee thought.

Once inside the hotel, they went in separate directions. While Lee searched the area for any sign of their contact, Amanda searched the Bridal Boutique for a special something for the evening. Some of the items were so skimpy that they made her blush. After searching the racks of intimate apparel for several minutes, she finally located “the one.”

After depositing the shopping bags in their room, Lee escorted Amanda downstairs for a late dinner. The conversation was very light and limited during their meal. Lee nearly tipped over his glass of wine several times in his attempt to remain calm and focused. Whenever he felt overwhelmed, Lee scanned the room looking for any clues as to the whereabouts of their contact. Allen Reeves, codename: World Traveler was very good at his job. He was very responsible and very careful. His absence told Lee that something must have happened to him.

Allen taught Lee a lot in the world of danger, excitement, and espionage. He traveled extensively, and had a very similar lifestyle as Lee at one time. No family, a few distant friends, and a numerous selection of black book babes, were the ingredients of a good Agent. Allen could travel anywhere, at a moments notice, without regard to family or loved ones.

While thoughts of Allen swirled through Lee’s head, Amanda kept her head down in silence. So deep in her own thoughts, she hadn’t even tasted her meal. Her plate was nearly empty but she wasn’t even sure what was served. Every time she glanced over at Lee, she couldn’t help but imagine the scenario set up for later in the evening. ‘How am I supposed to act like this won’t affect me? He’s going to know how I feel about him, the moment he kisses me,’ she thought, biting her bottom lip.

It took three tries for Lee to finally get her attention. “Do you want to dance?” He asked, trying to ease the tension. Before Amanda was able to speak, Lee was urging her out of the seat.

The soft melodies played while they swayed to the rhythm of the music. The dance floor was full of couples, taking the opportunity to dance with their partner. Lee and Amanda were no different. Nobody could mistake his or her body language for anything but love. The way he held her close, and the way she melded against his body was surely the sign of lovers.

As the band finished the last ballad of the evening, Lee reluctantly let her go. Silently, he led her to the elevator, in route to their suite. “Hey, are you okay, Amanda? I mean if you don’t…or can’t…I’ll understand. Just say the word and I’ll….”

“No, Lee, I’m fine,” Amanda interrupted, squeezing his hand for emphasis. “I’m just a little nervous,” she added hesitantly.

Lee looked into her eyes, smiling slightly. “If it makes you feel any better, I’m nervous, too.”

Once inside, they played their parts. Amanda walked into the bedroom to retrieve her bags. “I’ll be right out,” she replied in a soft sultry voice.

Lee was right behind her, scanning the bedroom. He lit several candles, and placed them ceremoniously around the room. As he quickly shed his clothes, he decided to leave his green silk boxers on, appreciating the comfort they provided. He climbed into the large queen size bed in an effort to hide his trembling hands. ‘She’s right behind that door. What am I going to do if she kisses me back, or touches me like…’ he shook his head, while various thoughts danced around teasing him.

Nearly an hour had passed before Amanda emerged from the bathroom. She opened the door slowly, exhaling a breath she didn’t even realize she was holding. Even though the candles only dimly lit the room, Amanda could see Lee staring at her.

Lee had to get up. Standing before him was the vision of beauty. It was his Amanda. The woman he wanted so badly but couldn’t verbally express those feelings to her. His breath, already quickening, forced him to inhale deeply searching for much needed oxygen. As she closed the distance between them, Lee couldn’t help but notice every curve of her body barely hidden in the emerald green silk fabric. “God, you’re so beautiful,” he whispered, never taking his eyes off her slim frame.

“Lee,” she replied softly, not quite sure how to respond. ‘Is he being honest, or is this part of our cover?’ She thought to herself.

Lee pulled her into his arms, relishing the feel of her skin against his. Every ounce of him wanted nothing more than to lay her across the bed and make love to her at once. He closed his eyes, momentarily breathing in her scent. ‘Does she have to smell this good?’ He thought. Lee slowly brushed his fingers across the creamy skin of her shoulders, faltering only when his hand began to tremble. Trying to stay in control of the situation, he pulled her against his body, holding her tight. Suddenly, he realized that she was trembling also. “Amanda,” he whispered against her ear. “I won’t do anything to hurt you, I promise. I’ll be gentle,” he continued to quietly assure her. He felt her body relax against his own and took the opportunity to place her in bed.

Lying beside him in bed, Amanda let out a gasp when she felt his arms around her waist. His body was like a heating blanket against her skin, almost setting it ablaze. The smell of his cologne was intoxicating, drawing her closer to his body. When she looked into his eyes, his lips were a mere millimeter from her own, waiting for her silent approval. She blinked slowly, and he seemed to understand her without any words being spoken. The feeling of his lips on hers was overwhelming to say the least. Every sense was heightened, as he brushed his lips against hers. The next kiss began hesitantly, but soon escalated, both pressing deeper and deeper. She tasted like the wine they had shared earlier in the evening. Lee sighed in delight, searching for more of her exquisite flavor.

What started out as a calculated event, soon spiraled out of control. Lee was intoxicated by the feel and taste of her lips, trying not to relinquish her, even for much needed air. His eager tongue soon joined in, begging for entry, as he tasted her lips, deliberately teasing her with slow caresses. The taste and texture of her mouth was so inviting. He found her tongue, hesitantly grazing it with his own, before capturing it with his mouth. As his control slipped further away, he pulled her lower body against his own, memorizing every inch of her unseen flesh with his hands. His burgeoning erection was now pressed snuggly against her thigh. He began to unconsciously grind against her leg, as their kisses continued to grow more demanding than before.

The feel of Lee’s manhood against her leg made Amanda shudder with anticipation. Never could she remember wanting a man so badly that it almost hurt inside. As she felt his fingers working the green material up and off her body, all she could do was hold on to Lee, knowing at that moment he was her lifeline. Every time his hands found a new exposed section of skin, he carefully caressed the area with his fingertips. Her hands were everywhere at once, on his back, shoulders and finally in his hair raking her nails along his scalp. Raising her arms, she allowed him to remove the green silk from her body. She lies there, very still, watching him watch her. Even with the protection of the covers, Amanda felt a burning sensation, wherever his eyes traveled along her body.

Once again, Lee pulled her close, showering her with soft kisses. Even though he couldn’t see her breasts, the feel of them pressed against his chest did nothing to help him regain any kind of control over the situation. His hands slowly began to explore forbidden territory. He felt her breath quicken as he cupped her breast in his hand. His name on her lips forced him to retreat.

“Lee, I…” she tried to whisper to him.

Afraid he had overstepped the boundaries; Lee halted his ministrations, meeting her at eye level. After meeting the controversy in her eyes, he pulled her close, whispering against her ear, “Amanda, tell me to stop. If I’ve crossed the line, just tell me now. I’ll end this right here. I don’t want to ever hurt you, or force you to do…”

His words ended abruptly as Amanda captured his lips, sucking firmly on his bottom lip. She pulled him on top of her body, while raising one knee up caressing his erection with her thigh. “I want you,” she breathed against his neck, leaving a moist trail of kisses along his throat.

Needing no further encouragement, Lee hastily removed her panties, tossing them over his shoulder, joining the matching green negligee on the floor. Feeling her hands against the waistband of his shorts, Lee’s boxers were soon added to the collection of discarded fabric. Finally, he was free to roam her entire body with his hands.

Her skin, covered in goose bumps as he delicately massaged and caressed her, ached for him. She encouraged him downward, watching his head disappear under the covers. Closing her eyes, Amanda felt the warm sensation of his mouth all over her chest, covering her with his hot kisses. When he clamped down on her nipple, Amanda pressed her nails into his neck, encouraging him to engulf her breast fully.

The repeated sound of his name on her lips was driving him utterly insane. His kisses, once soft and sensual, were now urgent in their quest to cover her entire body. Lee gently brushed his fingertips over her intimate region, eliciting a cry of pleasure from Amanda.

The feel of his hands on her skin was incredible. He knew exactly where to touch, and how to touch her. The volume of her moans increased as his mouth replaced his fingertips, probing her silken skin. Applying pressure, he sucked on the hardened bud, while easing a finger into her wet core.

Unable to control her body, Amanda’s legs quaked as he brought her closer and closer to the edge of desire. As the inevitable orgasm approached, she squeezed her thighs around his head, urging him to continue. “Lee?” She cried out his name, wondering why he stopped.

Lee slowly worked his way back up to Amanda’s face, placing kisses along the way. When he finally reached his destination, he stopped to stare into her eyes. Every part of his body told him to continue; however a voice in his head told him to stop. Brown eyes were locked on hazel for what seemed to be minutes. Amanda silently snuck one hand beneath the covers to do some exploring of her own. He let out a deep throaty moan when her hand came into contact with his throbbing organ. He choked out, “A..man..da,” as she circled the tip of his swollen penis with her fingers. She smiled when he instinctively bucked against her hand as she stroked his shaft. Without further hesitation, Amanda pressed the tip of his manhood against her center, inviting him to enter. She wrapped her legs around his waist, locking her heals in the small of his back.

As he slowly sank into her, Lee kissed her on the lips, mimicking his actions with his tongue. If not for his mouth covering hers, the moan of pleasure would have surely echoed throughout the entire room. He’d never experienced such pleasure before, his body teetering on the edge, just from the initial feeling of entering her. Suddenly he felt like a teenager, unable to control the sensations that his body was experiencing all at once. It took Lee a few minutes to regain some composure and he proceeded to thrust in and out, over and over again. The words formed on his lips, “ I love you, Amanda.”

Her hands were all over his body as he continued to fill her again and again. Amanda placed both hands on his bottom, forcing him to fill her completely. She ran her fingers across his back, kneading the tight muscles across his shoulders. Her entire body tensed, as the sensation of ultimate pleasure filled every nerve ending. In an attempt to prolong the feeling of ecstasy, Amanda squeezed her thigh muscles against his sides. Finding his face once again, she mouthed, “I love you,” before engulfing his mouth with her own.

Lee lost his battle the moment her body began to contract around him. His final thrusts were long and painstakingly slow as he desperately tried to prolong the feeling while he filled her with his pure white offering. His neck was buried in the crook of her neck; his arms wrapped snuggly around her body. He lifted his head quickly when he heard her whimper.

“What’s the matter, Amanda? Are you okay?” He asked, becoming upset by her expression.

Amanda struggled to find the words. Tears fell down her cheeks, uncontrollably. “I’m sorry, Lee. I’m just so overwhelmed, I can’t help it,” she confessed, wiping away the tears.

“Amanda, did I…”he tried to ask, his voice cracking with emotion.

“No, no, Lee, don’t think that. I’ve never experienced anything like that before,” she finally admitted, wiping away the tear from his eye.

Together, wrapped in each other’s arms, Lee continued to kiss her face and neck. He felt as if he couldn’t get close enough to her, or touch her enough. He felt a sense of euphoria that he never wanted to end. Words weren’t necessary for the moment, not that he could form a coherent sentence anyway.

As she fought to regain a normal breathing pattern, Amanda caressed his back. She could feel the welts that her nails had left just a short time ago. As the kisses intensified, she felt him come back to life inside her. Once again, their breathing became labored as they prepared to pleasure each other again.

They spent the remainder of the evening making love, both rediscovering each other’s bodies. Neither he nor she wanted to think about tomorrow, for they were safe in each other’s arms for the time being. Before sunrise, both of them did succumb to slumber.

As the sunlight filtered through the window, Lee reached over to pull Amanda closer to his body. He mumbled, “Amanda, come here,” but heard no reply. When he opened his eyes, he realized that it was the pillow he was hugging and not Amanda. He quickly shot up to a sitting position and looked around the room. After a careful visual inspection, it was obvious that she was nowhere to be found.

“Amanda! Amanda,” he continued to call out, frantically searching the entire suite.

Lee raced through the lobby, bumping into the few couples that were actually awake at that early hour. His pulse quickened as worry began to overshadow all other thoughts. ‘Someone had to get her. How the hell did someone get her away from me? This is my fault!’ He silently chastised himself. Lee thoroughly questioned just about all of the staff in the lobby. After several repeated attempts, he finally decided to give Billy a call and fill him in on the situation.

Lee walked out the back doors of the hotel in search of a payphone. Since he was pretty confident that the room phones were probably bugged, he didn’t trust using any phones inside the hotel.

“Billy, it’s Scarecrow.”

“What’s going on down there?” Billy asked abruptly. He always knew when something wasn’t quite right. “Have you found Allen?”

Lee let out a long sigh. “We haven’t seen any traces of him anywhere. Our room was bugged when we checked in so I’m keeping a close eye on everyone.”

“Bugged? This situation is getting way out of hand. I just received a call from Congressman McNeal that his daughter went to that hotel last weekend and hasn’t returned. Her husband-to-be was questioned and released. He reported that they parted ways when she went to make final plans for the ceremony in the hotel office while he was being fitted for his tux. Hotel staff says she never made it to the office but nobody saw her leave the hotel either.” Billy’s voice echoed through the receiver.

“Wait, Billy, I think someone may have Amanda,” Lee quietly spit out.

“What do you mean you think? Lee, what’s going on?” Billy asked, clearly agitated.

“I don’t know, Billy. She was gone this morning when I woke up. I didn’t hear anything, but all of her luggage is still in the room. No sign of forced entry. This is obviously an inside job,” Lee informed him.

“Could she be anywhere else, Scarecrow? I mean are you sure she’s been kidnapped?” Billy wondered if he had missed something in the conversation. Lee was upset and it was obvious in his tone that something was very wrong.

“Look, I..uh, damn it! I just don’t know, Billy. I mean she was with me all night…in our room,” Lee stumbled over the words.

“Scarecrow, I want you to check in with me here at 10:00 a.m. That gives you two hours to find out whether Mrs. King has been taken or not,” Billy instructed. “I have a very bad feeling about this. Be careful out there!”

“I will. Scarecrow out.”

Lee made a quick trip back up to the room in search of Amanda’s purse. He opened her wallet and found himself thumbing through the pictures, smiling at the recent familiar ones. His fingers faltered when he stumbled across a lovely photo of Amanda wearing a black gown with spaghetti straps. Lee smiled running his thumb over the print, thinking back to the night she accompanied him in that gown. ‘Her Mother must have taken that picture,’ he thought.

Once again, Lee hit the streets combing the entire area for any signs of Amanda. He flashed her picture everywhere, but no one had seen her. Time was running out and tension was mounting. ‘Please God. Let her be okay. I just found her, and I don’t want to lose her,’ he silently prayed.

Sadness preceded anger as Lee marched back to the hotel. It was nearly 9:00 a.m., and time was quickly running out. As the double doors flew open, everyone in the surrounding area heard the hinges give as Lee’s powerful hands yanked on them.

Patience certainly wasn’t one of Lee’s strong points, especially in the situation he was now facing. Banging his fist on the check-in desk, he began interrogating the workers.

“What is your name?” He hissed.

“My..My name is Carol,” one desk clerk reluctantly replied.

“Listen to me, Carol. I want you to get the manager here. I need to speak with him or her right now,” Lee instructed, rather forcefully.

“Sir, I’m not sure the manager can….”

“Just do it!” Lee looked up and noticed the other clerks eyeing him, but he didn’t care. His only concern was finding Amanda.

Carol nodded in compliance before exiting the room. She reemerged a few minutes later with a tall dark haired man accompanying her.

“Chester Lafferty here. How may I help you?” The man inquired, offering Lee his hand. Chester pulled his hand back abruptly, keenly aware of Lee’s powerful grip.

Lee quietly explained the situation to the manager. Mr. Lafferty was eager to help and offered any hotel services that might be of assistance.

“Since you’ve already searched most of the main floors, why don’t we start in the basement?” Mr. Lafferty suggested.

Lee nodded in response and following the Hotel Manager.

As they descended the stairway leading to the basement, Lee had a feeling that something wasn’t quite right. Fearing for Amanda’s safety he continued to follow Lafferty down into the darkened room.

“Why the hell is it so dark down here?” Lee inquired, his voice echoing through the large room.

Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice cry out, “Lee, he’s got a gun,” followed by the sound of a sharp slap.

“Say goodnight, Mr. Stetson,” Mr. Lafferty hissed, before bursting into a fit of peculiar laughter.

“Amanda! Amanda,” he screamed out, trying to locate the sound of her voice before the room went pitch black.

Lee fluttered his eyelids, his mind still in a daze from the blow he took to the head. The soft caresses from familiar hands eased the pain significantly. “mmm,” he moaned as pain shot through his head.

“Lee? Lee, can you hear me?” Amanda whispered, cradling his head in her lap.

Lee stiffened momentarily while trying unsuccessfully to sit up. “Amanda?” He replied groggily.

Looking down at him, Amanda smiled, mouthing, “I’m right here.”

Lee grabbed her around the waist, leaning his head against her abdomen. “Amanda, what happened to you? Where were you? I was so upset. I thought you…well I thought maybe you..you know,” Lee stopped abruptly. Suddenly, rage overtook Lee as he noticed her disheveled attire and the apparent slap mark on her face.

“What the hell happened? Who did this to you?” Lee demanded an answer. Noting her reluctance to speak, he tried to control his temper. “I’m sorry. Did they…hurt you?” He choked out.

“Shhhh,” she reminded him, pointing to the locked door. “No Lee, I’m fine…really.” Amanda could see the hurt and anger in his eyes. “I’ll tell you all about it later. Right now, we have to get out of here before…well before anyone else gets hurt.” Knowing what kind of reaction she was about to get, Amanda decided to get it over with. “Lee, our contact is the one that grabbed me,” Amanda announced.

“What are you saying?” Lee fought to understand the meaning of her words.

“Listen to me, Lee. Allen Reeves is not the man you think he is. There’s another room down here, full of women and video cameras. The ladies must be drugged. I tried to wake them, but they were all despondent.”

Lee slowly sat up and looked around the room in search of anything that remotely resembled a weapon. “I’ll kill him!” Lee hissed. After turning to gauge Amanda’s reaction, Lee realized that anger wasn’t going to help the situation. Looking around the room, he let out a sigh of relief when he found an old rusty piece of pipe. “Alright, I want you to listen closely. When I say so, I want you to scream for help. Got it?”

Amanda nodded, taking a deep breath to prepare for the distraction. As Lee began to choke, Amanda hollered for help. After several pleas for help, the door finally opened, and Mr. Lafferty marched in.

“Oh, thank goodness you’re here. Please, help my husband! I think he’s having a seizure and he’s choking! Please help him,” Amanda cried out, clutching a hold of Mr. Lafferty’s pant leg.

As Mr. Lafferty knelt down, Lee lifted the metal pipe with his left hand, striking the man in the temple. After disarming and restraining the unconscious man, Lee led the way out of the makeshift holding cell.

Hearing another voice echoing through the hallway, Lee crouched down against some old crates. “I want you to wait right here,” he whispered, pointing to the exact spot.

Amanda nodded while mouthing the words “ please be careful!”

Lee brushed his fingertips across her hand before tiptoeing towards the familiar voice. When he had the man in sight, Lee rose, commanding him to freeze.

“Well, well, well, what have we here?” Allen sarcastically inquired.

“Don’t even think about trying anything, Allen. A team of Agents already has this building surrounded,” Lee informed him. “That’s if I don’t kill you before they get down here!”

“Sure they do, Lee.” Allen didn’t seem to care that Lee had a gun trained on his chest.

“Why? Why are you involved in all this? You had everything!”

Allen shook his head back and forth. “I had everything, that’s for sure, until I started gambling. It seems that Libya is a very wealthy nation when it comes to American Women. They’re willing to pay practically anything for beautiful girls,” he hissed.

“You knew I’d come looking for you. You invited me here. Why risk it all?” Lee asked, somewhat puzzled.

“Umm, that’s true, but I had a feeling you’d bring your lovely partner. You know, the one that miraculously transformed you. You stopped taking my calls and stopped hanging out at bars. Before her, you and I were close, like brothers. I wanted to find out why she was so special. You know, sample the goods so to speak,” Allen taunted Lee.

“You son-of-a-bitch!” Lee stepped closer, cocking the hammer of the gun. Anger threatened to overtake him, until he heard her voice.

“Lee, don’t do it,” Amanda cried out.

As Lee turned to look at her, Allen lunged forward, tackling him. The two men rolled across the cement several times before Lee triumphantly emerged on top. As Lee pounded on him, Amanda ran to retrieve the gun.

By the time Amanda returned to the scene, Lee had both hands wrapped securely around Allen’s neck. “I should kill you for touching her,” Lee yelled through clinched teeth.

“Stop it, Lee! You’re killing him,” Amanda hollered, nearly on the verge of tears.

Hearing her voice, Lee released his grip on Allen’s neck. The sound of footsteps echoed through the basement and Lee stood up, relieved to finally see the Calvary.

“Cuff him,” Lee hissed, “and don’t forget about the snub nose revolver in his right boot.”

After Allen was cuffed, Lee went to Amanda. He delicately ran the back of his fingers against her bruised cheek. “Come here,” he mouthed, taking her in his arms.

As the medics arrived to take care of the injured, Lee continued to hold her. He wondered just how far he would have gone if Amanda hadn’t been there to stop him from choking Allen. Just thinking about the words, “sample the goods,” made him clinch his jaw tight and his breath quicken as adrenaline coursed through his veins. ‘I could have killed him with my bare hands,’ he thought.

All the suspects were taken into custody. After stopping in their suite to change clothes, Lee and Amanda went to the Police Station to give their testimony. Lee refused to relinquish Amanda’s hand from his own. By the time they finished at the station and contacted Billy, it was after 9:00 p.m., on Saturday night. They stopped at a local restaurant and had a quiet meal.

Lee watched her quietly consume the pasta and used his napkin to remove the sauce in the corner of her mouth. She met his gaze and for one brief moment, neither could move. Lee had so many questions to ask, but he wasn’t about to push her.

It was after 10:30 p.m. by the time they had returned to their hotel room. Even though the camera equipment was dismantled and taken into custody, Lee’s first stop was the bedroom. He double-checked the equipment to ensure there were no bugs. When he returned to the living room area, Amanda was still standing, nervously fidgeting with her hands.

“Uh, do you want to stay here, Amanda? I mean it’s late. We could get an early start in the morning. Billy said he’d see us on Monday for the debriefing.” Lee hesitantly suggested.

“That’s fine, Lee. We can stay,” she replied softly.

Finally closing the distance between them, Lee reached out taking both of Amanda’s hands in his. “Do you want to talk about it?”

“Sure, but can we sit down?” Amanda replied, eyeing the couch.

“Of course,” Lee answered, leading her toward the couch. He went into the kitchen area to grab a bottle of champagne and two glasses. He returned, handing a flute to Amanda. He poured the bubbly and sat down beside her. After a few glasses of champagne, the nervousness subsided for both of them.

“Lee, I’m sorry about this morning,” Amanda began hesitantly. She was sitting beside him leaning against his body, playing with the fingers of his right hand.

“What happened, Amanda?” Sensing the uneasiness between them, he caressed her shoulder with his left hand, pulling her closer into the protection of his arm.

“Lee…I was scared..and…confused. I love you so much, but I wasn’t sure where the act ended, and we began. Everything I did last night was the real thing, Lee. I didn’t have to act. I mean, I think, or hope you love me, too, but everything happened so fast. I just wanted to take a walk and clear my head,” she admitted.

“Oh, Amanda. God I love you, too. I love you so much that it hurts, if that makes any kind of sense.”

“Lee..”

“No, let me finish,” he interrupted. “Amanda, I meant everything I said and did last night. I knew the moment I saw you that I wasn’t going to be able to pretend anymore. I don’t want to pretend with you ever again,” Lee confessed, pulling her into his arms. “I went crazy when I couldn’t find you. Please don’t leave me again,” he added, his voice cracking with emotion as he blinked back the tears that threatened to escape.

Amanda kissed him softly on the lips. “Never,” she whispered, extricating herself from his grip.

“Look, I’ll just get some blankets and sleep here,” Lee offered, standing to retrieve the items.

Amanda jumped up off the couch and placed her hand on his chest. “No,” she breathed, nodding her head side to side. She slowly walked toward the bedroom, occasionally glancing over her shoulder.

Lee followed her, almost as if he was walking in slow motion. When she turned to face him, he could do nothing but gaze into her dark brown eyes. They stood that way for a long time, both content to just stare at one another. Without words, Amanda began to slowly undress him, never breaking eye contact. Lee’s breath quickened as he felt her fingers undo each button and heard the zipper of his pants give way. He tilted his head back as she lowered herself to remove his boxers. The feel of her warm soft hands traveling up his legs was incredible to him. As her hands came into contact with his manhood, he let out a strangled gasp. After several long enticing strokes, her mouth replaced her hands. He closed his eyes as he felt her warm mouth begin to tease his tip. He feared that watching would only hasten the inevitable. Not that it mattered because all to quickly he felt himself teetering on the edge. Grasping Amanda by the shoulders, he lifted her to a standing position. Cradling her face in his hands, he kissed her lips softly. The kiss soon escalated, his hungry lips devouring hers. Finally breaking the kiss, Lee stepped back and began to undress Amanda, unable to replicate the slow manner she bestowed upon his unveiling.

Amanda stood before him, watching his trembling fingers remove her bra and panties. Finally free of all clothing, she stepped into his arms. Her hands were free to roam his neck and shoulders as they kissed passionately. She let out a soft moan upon feeling his large hands caressing her back and bottom. Amanda shivered in anticipation when his organ came into contact with her abdomen. Taking the initiative a step further, Amanda urged Lee to step back against the bed. Taking her with him, he lost his balance and landed on top of the comforter.

Amanda straddled his body, placing a leg on either side of Lee’s hips. She leaned her head down, placing soft kisses all over his face, while seductively rubbing her breasts over his chest.

Lee reached between them, fondling her breasts, rolling her nipples between his thumb and forefinger. He let out a moan every time he felt the warm wetness of her center moving across his stomach. Breaking the kiss, Lee lunged forward replacing his fingers with his mouth. He clamped down on one breast, sucking and gently nibbling on the nipple. He used his hands to cup it while he took turns teasing her nipple and then engulfing her breast fully. Lee let out a deep growl, feeling Amanda’s fingertips in his hair guiding him from breast to breast. Taking the opportunity to catch her off guard, he grabbed her around the waist and rolled her on her back.

As Lee towered overtop of her, he grazed her soft skin with his fingertips. His journey was deliberate as his hands traveled to her center, teasing her sensitive skin with light touches. She breathed, “Lee, please,” as he skillfully manipulated her, first pressing one finger and then two into her heated entrance. His tongue, now pressing against her mouth demanded entrance as he mimicked the motions of his fingers.

Unable to wait a moment longer, Amanda reached down, removing his hand, encouraging him to complete their union. He smiled, looking at all the love and desire for him evident in her eyes. He reached between them, guiding his manhood into her very slowly. He watched her intently, studying the range of expressions that mirrored his own feelings. First a strangled gasp, followed by a sense of complete fulfillment, and finally an overwhelming sense of love that set her entire face aglow. Lee didn’t think it could get any better than it was at this very moment, wrapped in the warmth and shelter of her love. He didn’t want to move, momentarily content with the feeling.

Amanda reached up, pulling him down to meet her mouth. In between kisses, she whispered, “I want you so bad.” After the confession, she felt him move within her, slowly at first. The feeling was almost indescribable. Wanting, yearning and needing more of him, she brought her knees up, encouraging him to change the angle by giving more of herself to him. Each thrust brought her closer to the edge and suddenly everything was a complete haze as wave after wave of pleasure washed over her entire body. “Oh, Lee” was all she managed to get out in a breathy moan.

Lee continued to thrust into her, desperately clinging to any thought, trying to wait for Amanda. When he felt her powerful contractions all around him, he let go, calling out, “Amanda,” while filling her with his offering of love.

He held her trembling body, planting feather light kisses along her neck and shoulder. Her pulse was still beating rapidly, as was his. Shifting his weight off of her body, Lee pulled her close, not willing to let her out of his arms.

Content, they both drifted off to sleep, exhausted from the days events.

When dawn made it’s presence known, peeking in through the window, Lee opened his eyes very slowly. He reached over to pull her close, only to find a warm pillow beside him. Suffering from deja vu, Lee sat up trying to focus on his surroundings. His breath quickened as paranoia filled his senses. “Amanda? Amanda, where are you?” He called out.

The bathroom door opened quickly, startling him.

“Lee, what’s the matter?” Amanda inquired, concerned about his expression. His face was pale, and his features rigid. “Lee?”

“Oh, there you are. Don’t do that,” Lee replied placing his hand over his heart.

She saw the fear in his eyes and reality sank in. Deciding to lighten the mood she smiled while walking toward the bed and replied, “Don’t use the bathroom?”

Lee reached out, pulling her back into his arms. He planted a kiss upon her lips that began soft and tender but quickly escalated into a warm passionate kiss. He smiled, acknowledging her sigh of pleasure. “You really know how to give a guy a complex.”

Breathless, Amanda looked into his eyes. “Trust me, Lee, there’s absolutely no reason for you to ever have a complex!” She exclaimed, shaking her head for emphasis.

Her words warmed him from head to toe. “I love you,” he mouthed, capturing her lips again. His fingers slid down the sides of her terrycloth robe, in search of the sash. He freed her of the constricting garment, and proceeded to place kisses along the column of her throat. As the urgency built again, he whispered in her ear, “I want you, now.”

Unable to form a sentence, Amanda breathed, “yes,” as he sucked on her ear lobe.

They made love through the morning hours, both rediscovering each other’s body. Together they finally collapsed, giving in to their bodies’ need for sleep.

Late in the afternoon, there she was, still wrapped securely in his arms, as if she hadn’t moved at all. Lee lightly brushed back the hair away from her face. “Thank you,” Lee whispered, more for himself than for her to hear.

“Ummm, what?” Amanda groggily replied, lifting her tired head.

“Shhh, it’s nothing. Go back to sleep, Amanda,” Lee encouraged her.

“Ummm, okay,” she moaned, cuddling closer to his chest. “Don’t go anywhere, Lee,” Amanda teased.

Lee looked down at her smiling. “Never,” he replied, kissing the top of her head.

THE END