- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: “Scarecrow and Mrs. King” and the characters of Lee and Amanda are the property of Warner Brothers and Shoot the Moon Enterprises. The story belongs to me and is for entertainment purposes only.

Timeline: AU / Mid- Third Season
Amanda scanned the room looking for any sign of Lee. He had convinced her to accompany him to the British Embassy's New Year's Eve party at the last minute, and as usual she had agreed. She didn't even mind that she was merely window dressing. After all, she got to spend the evening talking and dancing with him.

Although for the past 20 minutes he had left her sitting at a table with Francine. He had to meet one of his contacts. About what she wasn't sure, nor did she care. She had spent her time sitting with Francine drinking glass after glass of fruit punch. Unbeknownst to her, that same punch her 'friend' Francine Desmond was giving her was spiked; she was a little more than tipsy. For the first time in her life, Amanda King was drunk.

"Francine, you know what really bugs me about you?" Francine could only sit idly by and watch Amanda get plastered.

"No, what's that, Dear?"

"You always look down on me and act like you are so much better than me. When we really have a lot in common. Well, not a lot in common, but a few things in common. Well, maybe just one thing in common, I guess you could say…"

"Amanda, get to the point."

"Well, it's just that you can be such a bitch."

"Here, Dear. Have another glass of punch, you look thirsty." She would have her revenge when Amanda woke up the next morning with a hangover the size of Baltimore.

"Oh, thanks, Frannie." Amanda started drinking her…what number was this? Anyway, her next glass of punch when another agent walked up to them and whispered in Francine's ear that she was needed in the foyer. Seeing that Amanda wasn't going anywhere she left her with her new best friend, the punch.

~~~~~~~~

As Amanda stood at the punch bowl pouring her self yet another glass of punch she finally spotted Lee talking to what she assumed was his contact. She was already feeling abandoned and didn't want to wait any longer for Lee to return.

She rushed over to him and didn't seem to mind that he was in mid-conversation with his contact. A squirrelly little man all of 5'2" tall with a toupee'. "Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt but Lee I need to dance," she said while grasping his right hand and pulling him onto the dance floor.

"Amanda, what has gotten into you?" He could not believe how she had just interrupted him and his contact. Granted they were all through but she didn't know that.

"I'm sorry, Lee. I just wanted to dance with you. We've hardly gotten a chance to talk tonight let alone dance. I just thought it would be nice to have a dance." She saddled up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

He could not get over her transformation from a mere hour ago. He had left her in the capable care of Francine and she wasn't even drinking. Just had a glass of punch.

"The punch! What on earth possessed Francine to get you drunk?" He was scanning the room for the devil in a blonde wig but was unable to locate her.

"Come on, let's get you home." He practically had to drag her off the dance floor. "You need to sleep this off."

"Lee, I haven't been drinking at all tonight. I've only had a few glasses of punch.”

"And just how many of those glasses have you had, hmmm?"

"Only fourteen."

“Fourteen?” He was incredulous.

He was trying to coax her out the door of the embassy when she said it. He couldn't believe what she said, at first he wasn't sure if she had actually said it…but she had.

"You know, Lee. You are one incredibly sexy man. Do you know that? Of course you know that." She smiled as he buckled her seatbelt across her chest. She grabbed a hold of his face with both hands and pulled him to her. She gently turned his head and kissed him on the lips. She kissed him slowly at first and then with reckless abandon. She could feel him relax in her hands and pressed on. She flicked her tongue into his mouth and was rewarded when he opened to allow her access to his warm cavern. He reluctantly pulled free of her grasp and shut her door. She watched him walk across the front of the car and slide in next to her. He placed his hand on hers on top of the console and they smiled at one another.

~~~~~~~~

They pulled up to her house and he parked the car. "Amanda, the lights are all on, do you really want to deal with your mother and boys now? How about we head over to my place and get you some coffee first?"

"That sounds great, Lee"

~~~~~~~~

A few minutes later they pulled up to his apartment building and parked. When he went around to open her door for her she was already waiting on the curb. 'Must not be too drunk, she unbuckled herself,' he thought to himself. He grasped her hand and placed it in the crook of his arm.

They headed into his apartment building. Once inside the elevator he pushed the button for his floor. He immediately felt the warm touch of her hand wrap around his waist and turn him around. 'Can this really be happening? I've wanted this for so long, but will she remember it in the morning?'

"Amanda, you've been drinking."

"So, that doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing, Lee." She began to unbutton his shirt and slid her hand under to caress his bare chest.

He was finding it difficult to think straight with her ministrations.

"Amanda, wait. I don't want to take advantage of you in your present condition."

"I have all my faculties, Lee. I‘ve just lowered my inhibitions. It's only allowed me to show you how I really feel without worrying about the consequences. I know you feel something more towards me than just friendship. Otherwise you wouldn't have kissed me like you did in the car." If she was sure of anything it was that last fact.

He could only smile at her last statement. The elevator doors parted and they walked towards his apartment door hand in hand.

He was barely able to shut the door behind them before she began to finish the job on the buttons of his shirt. As she ripped the fabric the buttons clamored to the floor. Their lips descended as they began to devour each other. He pulled her to his bedroom and began to unzip her dress.

"Amanda, are you sure?" He looked deep into her eyes as if trying to see if she was really cognizant of what was happening between them.

"I've never been more sure of anything in my life." She pulled his tux jacket off and then tugged on his shirt until it too was relinquished to her. She let both items fall to the floor as she started on his pants.

Soon after he was standing in front of his bed clad only in his blue boxers. She made an obvious sweep of his body as her fingers made their way down his muscular chest. By the look in her eyes he was sure she found everything to her liking.

He found the task of undressing her much easier. A swift tug on her zipper and her dress quickly sunk to the floor. He too found everything in perfect harmony.

He could not believe they had finally made it to this point. Were they really here? His question was soon answered when he felt her pull him on top of her onto the bed. She then performed a quick flip to allow her control over him. She was now poised above him and began grinding her womanhood along his penis.

He couldn't take it any longer he needed to be inside her. As if reading his mind she slowly lowered herself onto his shaft and they began to rock together. It was as if their two souls merged as one at that moment. They completed one another, they were no longer just partners, no longer just best friends, they were now lovers.

He could hear her moan and knew she was close to her precipice. He pumped harder and felt his own resolve diminish. They both soared above the clouds together as one.

As they lay there in his bed tightly wrapped together, he couldn't help but think he should send Francine some flowers in the morning to thank her for lowering Amanda's inhibitions.

The End.