- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: "Scarecrow and Mrs. King" are the property of Shoot the Moon Productions and Warner Brothers Entertainment Television. No copyright infringement is intended by their use in this story.
As Amanda stood in the vault, filing the endless folders, her mind
drifted to her husband. Her husband. Sometimes it didn't feel like
they were really married. It had been three long months since their
wedding, but they had only shared the same bed a handful of nights.
So much had happened. It seemed like they were never together
anymore. Something was always getting in their way. First it had
been the shooting. When Lee had to return to DC, leaving Amanda in
California, they had both been broken hearted. In the past three
months, Lee had lived out of a suitcase most of the time. It seemed
every assignment he had been given involved overseas travel. Yes,
there had been a couple of cases here in DC, but they were before
Amanda had been cleared for fieldwork.

Lee should be home tomorrow. Her heart ached to have him near. Her
body longed to be in his arms. If she closed her eyes she could feel
his breath on her face as he bent to kiss her. She could feel his
bare chest against her breasts; she could feel his need for her
pressed against her stomach. And thinking of the feeling his hand
produced between her legs, stroking, caressing, and then invading her
body, sent shivers up her spine. God, she needed him as she needed
air to breathe. The feeling of his lips on her body was beyond
description. She loved this man, body and soul.

In her heart she knew Lee felt the same way about her. But at the
same time she felt she had a lot to learn. How could it be helped?
She had been a virgin on her first wedding night at the age of 21.
While Joe was a little older and somewhat more experienced then she,
he wasn't Lee Stetson. There had been two or three girls before
Amanda, but no one worldly. They had been young and in love, they
had explored and learned about their sexuality together. She had
known no man intimately except Joe, until her wedding night with Lee.
Sex with Joe had been fulfilling, but nothing like the skyrockets she
had with Lee.

That had been a night to end all nights. Never had Amanda known
feelings like those. She had thought those highs only existed
in "R" rated romance novels. The feelings Lee had brought out in
Amanda that night were incredible. Lee said it had been the same for
him. The love they shared intensified their feelings and that was an
experience Lee had never known before, but she knew that there were
things she didn't know how to do to Lee. And she wanted to learn.

During Lee's two-week absence, Amanda had made it her personal
mission to learn more about sexually pleasing a man. She had read
several "male magazines" and some other publications that weren't
available at the public library. It had taken all her courage to
purchase them and she had hidden in Lee's apartment to read them, but
read them she had. Wow! She had learned a lot. In some ways just
reading about what to do to her man had been an incredible turn on.
Now, she just needed the nerve to try some of her newfound knowledge
on her handsome husband. She planned to start tomorrow.

With the last file put in its proper place, Amanda *King* turned to
leave the vault. As she exited IFF she knew that the next morning
would bring Amanda *Stetson* to the office. Amanda Stetson would
greet her husband and it would be a greeting he wouldn't soon
forget. She had a plan and with a little luck she would have the
courage to pull it off.

It was after midnight when Lee's plane touched down in DC. He had
already talked to Billy. He would go home, shower and be in at 6am
to be debriefed. Amanda should be in the Q Bureau by 9 and with any
luck he would be there soon after. Lee had plans for the rest of the
day and they did not include the Agency. His plans were for his
beautiful wife, his king size bed and lots of condoms. Lee was going
to make up for all the nights they had missed and a few hundred
more.

Sex was not the only thing on his mind. He wanted to talk to Amanda
about ending this stupid mystery marriage. As long as the Agency
thought of him as single, they would never have a life together.
There would always be an assignment to keep them apart. He wanted to
be with his wife, his stepsons, his mother-in-law and had even been
entertaining thoughts of having a baby with Amanda. He wanted to be
her husband. He wanted them to be a family. Someway, before this
day was through, he would make Amanda see his way of thinking.

All he had been able to do the past months were think of his wife.
He was painfully aware of his desire for her a good deal of the
time. His pants seemed to have a permanent bulge. There was an ache
in his manhood that could only be remedied by being buried deep
inside of his wife. Amanda didn't have the experience with sex that
he had had. But she could bring feelings to his body that no other
woman had ever bought forth. Sometimes he wished there had not been
so many women in his bed, but that was in the past. It was time for
him and Amanda to learn together, him about love, her about sex. And
they would start today.

**************
The alarm rang pulling Amanda out of her dreams. Today was the day
her husband would return home, today was the day Amanda *Stetson*
would show her husband what she had learned. She had every intention
of blowing his mind and turning him into a quaking pile of helpless
male. She would show him exactly how much he was missed and she
would make sure he never left her alone again. She did not want a
mystery marriage. She wanted Lee in her bed, she wanted Lee to be a
father to her children, she wanted her mother to have the son that
she had never had and she even thought about having a little Lee
running around the house. It was time to put a stop to the secrets
and start their life together.
*****************

Lee took extra pains with his appearance, knowing he would be with
Amanda in a few short hours. He picked up his mess from last night
and put their favorite wine out to chill. He made the bed and made
sure the nightstand drawer was stocked with all the necessities for
the activities he had planned for the rest of the day.

As he stuck his empty suitcase on the closet shelf, a pile of books
and magazines caught his eye. Taking them off the shelf, he stared
in disbelief. Where had these come from? Surly Amanda hadn't
gotten them.

It had to be Amanda. Who else would have been in his apartment? As
this realization dawned on him, he could not help but smile. God, he
loved that woman. How had she gotten the nerve to buy these?
Knowing Amanda, he was sure she had had to read them in the dark.
That she would do this to please him touched him beyond words.
Didn't she know that she was already everything he ever needed, ever
wanted? There was nothing in any of this material that could make
him any happier or make him love her anymore.

He thumbed through the pile and a soft whistle came to his lips.
What was she planning? One thing he knew for sure, he could not wait
to find out. He took the suitcase down and returned the pile where
he found it. She could tell him about it in her own way. He had no
intention in spoiling her surprise.

After Amanda had gotten the boys off to school and had a bite to eat
with her mother, she returned to her room to shower and dress. She
dressed slowly and painstakingly. Her hair and make-up were done to
perfection. Her perfume was lightly applied to the hot spots of her
body. Every article of clothing planned to be used to her
advantage. First she slipped on her bra, with front fastener for
easy access to her breasts. Her blouse, chosen as well for its
buttons in front and opened as low as she dared at wear to work. All
the buttonholes were loose so the buttons slid in and out with ease.
Hose were thigh high and very shear, no full-length pantyhose to get
in the way or even panties for that matter. A full skirt, to allow
hands to roam up her thighs with no restrictions finished the
outfit. God, just getting dressed was making her so hot she thought
she would explode. The last touch… heels just a little higher than
usual to accent her long legs.

Amanda had never dressed like this before; it gave her a feeling of
power over her own sexuality. A power she had every intention of
using over her husband. Lee had the experience and usually led the
way. Not today. Today it was her turn.

She was ready. At least her body was more than ready. She had the
drive to work to prepare her mind. This was a big step for Amanda
and she was ready to take it. She arrived at work by 8:45. She had
to pick up some case files downstairs and couldn't help but hear some
of the steno pool girls talking about the return of Scarecrow. One
was even voicing her plan to get him to take her home tonight.
Amanda knew she shouldn't… she knew she should keep her big mouth
shut…but she couldn't help it. The new persona of Amanda Stetson
took over and in a firm voice informed the women in no uncertain
terms. "Sorry Ladies, Lee Stetson is taken, very taken and off the
market. Better luck with your next conquest." At that, Amanda
strode down the hall to the elevator leaving the women with their
mouths open. That felt good. The secret marriage had to stop. She
wanted the entire world to know that Lee Stetson was hers and hers
alone.

Amanda arrived in the Q bureau at 9:05. She put her purse on her
desk and went into the vault to retrieve a file. A moment later she
heard the door open, close and then the forceful click of the lock.
Amanda stood and took a deep breath, then walked into the room.
There, in front of the door, stood her husband.

"Hi there, Beautiful," came from his mouth like a prayer.

"Oh Lee!!!" Amanda squealed, "You're home! Oh, I've missed you so
much."

Lee's arms opened and Amanda almost flew into them. Their arms
found their homes on the other's body while their lips met. Amanda's
hands were entwined in Lee's hair. Lee had one hand on Amanda's back
pulling her closer and closer, his other hand on her rear crushing
her hips against his. Their kiss was hungry and wanton, a
combination of lips, tongues and teeth devouring each other.

Gasping for air Lee whispered, "Oh my God, how I've missed you." His
lips went across Amanda's cheek to nibble on her ear while Amanda
planted kisses down his neck. They were two starving people,
feasting on the flesh of the other. Amanda could feel Lee's
erection pressed to her hips. He pressed against her with his large,
hard organ in a rhythmical movement. Lee knew that he could easily
find his release just kissing Amanda like this and continuing to
press his painful appendage against her. He was losing himself to
the feelings that only his Amanda could draw forth. Their breath
came in short, hard gulps between their frantic kisses.

Then…ring… ring…ring…. "Damn it!" Lee spat out as he loosened his
hold on Amanda. He turned to stalk to his chair behind his desk.
Would they never get a break? His breath was short from the kiss and
from his anger. He needed his wife! The last thing Lee Stetson
wanted was an interruption. As he grabbed the receiver he
growled, "Stetson." Then there was silence. With more than a little
bit of irritation he said to the caller. "Sorry, you have the wrong
number." This could only happen to them.

With a sigh and a look at each other, the lovers both laughed. That
was one way to lighten the mood. At the rate things were going by
the door, they could have easily been in the middle of the act by now.

Lee reached up to take Amanda's hand and pull her onto his lap.
Amanda stepped around Lee, and instead of sitting sideways on his lap
she chose to straddle him. "Humm" came from deep in his throat.
Amanda cupped his face and pulled him into a soft slow kiss. Her
hands ran back into his hair and pulled him closer as the kiss
intensified. Lee's arms encased Amanda as his hands explored her
back and shoulders then went down to cup her rear. "Oh God, Amanda,
I love you," he whispered in a low seductive voice.

"I love you, too, Sweetheart… and I plan on showing you just how much
I missed you," she purred into his ear. The combination of her
breath on his ear and the meaning of her words made Lee arch forward
toward her and scoot down lower in his chair to rub against her with
his bulge. Amanda took that as her cue and firmly planted her mound
so it was in direct contact with his throbbing member. Slowly, she
began to move, rubbing her mound up and down with just enough
pressure to make sure that Lee squirmed. Up and down she rode him,
locking her lips first on his ear and moving slowly down his neck.
Lee was in heaven. His head was back, offering his neck to Amanda,
his eyes closed and his body meeting her move for move.

With one hand unsupervised, she quickly undid her blouse and
bra. "Lee, baby, look at me," passed Amanda's lips in the most
seductive voice Lee had ever heard. Lee raised his head and opened
his eyes to see a passion burning in Amanda he had never seen
before. With her hands in his hair Amanda gently pulled Lee's gaze
lower until he saw her breasts, nipples at attention on top of her
creamy mounds, waiting for him. He did not need any further
invitation. Amanda pulled his head to her waiting breast. Lee
immediately began to lick his treat and suckle her breast. The low
noises coming from him were about to drive Amanda over the brink.
She had never heard him so vocal.

Up until this point Lee's hands had been satisfied to run up and
down Amanda's back stopping to rub her round bottom. Now, as he
sucked and licked the breasts of his lover, his hands went to her
knees and ran gently up her thighs under her skirt. They glided up
her thigh to her rear, made a small circle and stopped. He raised
his head to look at Amanda in disbelief. "You don't have on any
panties!?!?" he exclaimed as a question. His shock was apparent.
With one strong arm he pulled her closer, while the other hand snaked
around her butt to the wetness between her legs and began stroking
her. His lips grabbed hers in a passionate kiss.

After a few moments, he pulled his lips away to return to his
treasures. From the moment Amanda had started her mating dance on
Lee's lap, her movements had never stopped. She was close to being
out of control and with Lee's hand stroking her entrance and his
mouth sucking her breasts she new it was time to leave or they would
not make it out of the Q bureau.

Amanda pulled back from the earlobe that she had been tending, to
whisper in Lee's ear, "Lee, we need to go to the apartment… come on
Honey… let's go. I need to be with you." As the words escaped her
mouth, she felt one of Lee's long fingers enter her.

"Oh God, you feel good." As the first finger was joined with a
second moving in and out of her hot body, Lee said in a raspy
voice, "Tell me what you need, baby, tell me what you want me to
do."

Barely able to speak, she squeaked, "We have to go to the
apartment."

Lee paused from the kisses he was planting on her neck and
shoulders. Locking his gaze with hers, and repeated in a strong firm
voice, "Tell me what you need?" Lee liked to talk to her when they
made love. It was still something she struggled with. It was not
easy for her to express her feelings about sex aloud, even to Lee.

Amanda's eyes never wavered from Lee's intense stare. Her body
burned from Lee's kisses. His fingers were doing magical things to
her that only her husband could do. Breathlessly she moaned, "I want
you to make love to me… please… Lee… I need you inside me."

Those words from Amanda's sweet lips sent shivers down his
spine. "My fingers are inside you baby, tell me what you really
want?" Lee returned with hunger in his voice.

Amanda was gone. Lee could tell she was close to the edge but he
wasn't going to let her go there yet. Her eyes had shut and she had
put her head back. He slowed his fingers ever so slightly and
stopped rubbing her mound with his member before repeating
again, "Amanda, tell me what you want, you can tell me anything."

Not wanting to look Lee in the eyes, she leaned forward to place her
lips next to his ear. "I want you to make love to me… I want your
penis in me… I want you as deep as you can go. I need you… please
Lee… please… let's go to the apartment." Amanda murmured in a
pleading voice.

That was it for Lee. He had to make Amanda his. It had been three
weeks and he needed his wife. With those words, Lee rose from his
chair, lifting Amanda with him, slowly withdrawing his fingers as he
lowered her feet to the floor.

"No… Lee… we have to go to the…" Amanda said as she desperately tried
to speak.

He held her close with one arm as he cleared the desktop with the
other. "No. Right here." Lee commanded, "Turn around." As he spoke,
his free hand made fast work of his belt, button and zipper and his
trousers fell to the floor followed closely by his boxers. In one
fluid movement, Lee gently took her by the shoulders and turned her
to face the desk. It briefly flashed through Lee's mind that he
needed a condom, but his throbbing penis had other thoughts.

With his right hand, he pushed her down toward the desk while his
left hand raised her skirt up to her back. With his knee he pushed
her legs apart while his left hand rubbed her entrance with the head
of his penis. `Oh God …that feels good.' Back and forth he rubbed
it slowly, then with a firm thrust he was inside her. She gasped,
taking in air fast and shallow. Lee stilled to let her adjust than
pulled back. He thrust again watching as his penis disappeared into
the warmth of this woman he loved so much.

She felt so good. It felt so right to be inside of her. His hips
took on a will of their own as they moved his engorged penis in and
out. Lee reached under Amanda to take her breast in his hand
kneading the flesh, rubbing her nipple until it was rock hard. His
other hand rubbed her back, pushing her blouse up to allow his lips
access to her flesh.

Amanda's breath was coming short and fast. "Oh Lee… you feel so…

"Talk to me baby… tell me what you feel. What do you want? Tell me
and it's yours." Lee panted as his hips continued their assault,
each thrust more forceful than the last.

Amanda was fast becoming incapable of complete thoughts. Only
single words could ramble from her mouth, "more…AGGGG… Harder…
OHHHH…."

Lee tried to comply, putting an arm around her hip and latching his
hand on her mound, his other hand moving to hold her hips in place.
The desk was slick and with each thrust Amanda would slide forward.
His fingers worked her nerves while his arm and hand held her in
place. With a powerful thrust, she came hard with a fierce orgasm, a
mixture of pleasure and pain, which shook them both.

As Amanda tightened around Lee he could no longer control himself.
He thrust harder and harder driving himself as deeply into his wife
as he could get until; with a rush, he saw stars. He bucked against
Amanda with all his might driving deeper and deeper, delivering his
sperm into her womb. As his hips slowed their motion, he lay down on
top of his wife and held her tightly, whispering words of love. He
pulled her close and cradled her in his arms while they both tried to
return their erratic breathing to normal.

"Oh God Amanda… that was incredible! I've never felt anything so
fantastic." Lee exclaimed breathing hard. "That was amazing."

"No condom." Was Amanda's only comment before they heard a click of
the lock and the door opening. Lee immediately covered his wife with
his body as he had done to protect her so many times before. He
turned his head to the left to see his boss Billy Melrose standing in
the door way with his mouth hanging open as he was greeted with the
bare butt of Lee Stetson. Lee stood at the end of his desk with his
pants and blue boxers around his ankles, his shirt tail hanging but
covering very little.

"Ahhh…. Billy" was all Lee could get out before Melrose
shouted, "Stetson, in my office NOW!!!" With that command Billy
turned and left shutting the door firmly behind him.

"Oh shit! We're in for it now" Lee said in a low voice. He slowly
rose up off Amanda. Being caught in this position would be
embarrassing for Scarecrow but it would be mortifying for Amanda.

She stood and turned toward Lee. He knew a frantic ramble was about
to come from her lips. She stood in front of him with her hair in
shambles, her breasts out and her skirt rumpled. Even in her
current condition Lee thought she was the most beautiful woman he had
ever scene.

"Oh my gosh!!!" was all she could say as she franticly began to
fasten her bra then buttoned her blouse and tuck it back in her
skirt. As he pulled his pants and boxers back up his long legs and
fastened his pants, he tried to reassure her. "Don't worry, Amanda.
This'll be all right. I promise. I'll fix this."

Amanda's ramble began. "Lee, Mr. Melrose just walked in on us. He
saw us having sex on your desk! Oh! What must he think? What are
we going to do? I will never in a million years be able to look at
him again. Oh Lee… Is he going to fire us? What is going to
happen?" She needed to speak and he would stay with her until he
was sure she was okay. "If he fired us at least I would never have to
face him again. Oh Lord! What have we done? Why didn't we go to
the apartment? … And… oh my gosh… Lee!!! You didn't wear a condom!"

Lee ran his hand through his tussled hair and began to formulate a
plan, "Amanda here, take your purse and go into the restroom. Comb
your hair, and fix your make-up then I want you to go downstairs and
get into the Vette. It's parked right outside. I'll meet you in the
car in a few minutes. I'm going to go see Billy."

She turned accepting the proffered purse and headed for the
restroom. Leaving the building and going to the safety of the vette
sounded like a very good idea to her right now. Lee opened the door
and Amanda headed for the restroom. With a quick kiss he told her to
hurry and get to the car. "I'll be there soon. Don't worry," and
with those parting words he left for Billy's office.

Until this moment Lee had been so concerned about Amanda that he
hadn't given any thought to this meeting with Billy. This was going
to be bad. The question was, how bad? Even with the dread of this
confrontation the words that echoed in Lee's ears were
Amanda's, "You didn't wear a condom."

How had this happened? It really didn't surprise Lee so much that he
and Amanda had made love in the office. That was bound to happen
eventually. They had come close before but cooler heads had always
prevailed. What did surprise him was the fact that they had had sex
without a condom. He even had one in his wallet. Lee Stetson was an
experienced man and he had never let that happen before. And more
to the point, why wasn't he upset about it? It had felt incredible,
like she had the softest skin in the world. He and Amanda had to
talk about this. Maybe it was his subconscious's way of telling him
it was time for them to live as man and wife and start working on a
family of their own.

As the elevator door opened, Lee started the long walk to Billy's
office. Well… it was a long walk today. As he approached the door,
he took a deep breath and knocked. From the other side of the door
he heard "In" bellowed loudly by his section chief. Lee opened the
door and slowly entered.

Billy was sitting behind his desk, a bottle of Tums open in front of
him. " Ahhh… Billy I can…" came out of Lee's mouth with less
convection than he had hoped.

"Shut the door Scarecrow and lock it. Shades too." Billy
commanded. This was bad. If Billy was closing up the office to the
outside world, Lee had a feeling this meeting would be nasty. Lee
did as he had been instructed and turned to face his boss.

"What the hell's wrong with you?" came unrestrained from Billy's
lips. "I thought you'd changed these past few years! What do you
think you're doing?" Each word seemed to get sharper and louder as
they were virtually spit from the section chief's mouth.

"Billy please, let me have a chance to explain." Lee pleaded.

"Explain! What's there to explain? Billy yelled as he came out of
his chair. "I saw you with my own eyes! You were standing in your
office banging your latest conquest."

"No Billy. It isn't like that."

"Lee, I know what I saw…you with your bare ass in the air humping
some bimbo!" Billy lowered his voice and narrowed his eyes beaming
in on Lee like a laser. "I have seen you charm the ladies, but I
never thought you would stoop to screwing `um in your office!" As he
shakes his head in disappointment Billy continued. "What the hell
would you've done if it had been Amanda instead of me who caught you
with your pants down?" The sincerity in his voice spoke volumes
about the man's feeling for Amanda. "Do you have any idea what this
could do to her? I know you have been seeing her. Hell, Lee, I
would bet money that Amanda is in love with you. How could you risk
hurting her like this?"

"Billy! Please." Lee begged for a chance to defend himself.

"Stow it, Scarecrow!" Billy concern for Amanda had dissipated at
that time and his anger toward Lee had taken over with a
vengeance. "Of all the dumb ass things you have done this takes the
cake. Who is she, Lee? Do you even know her name? She must work
here or you couldn't have had her in the Q."

"It's not like that Billy." Lee tried to convince his boss to let
him speak. "Will you let me try to explain?"

"Yeah Lee, you try to explain why in the hell you have some slut in
your office fucking her over your desk!" Billy was exploding.

Lee had had enough. Exploding back, he all but shouted, "That's not
the way it was Billy! I was not `fucking some slut' in my office!"

"Well, then what would you call it Lee?" Billy shouted back.

"I would call it making love to my wife!" Lee exclaimed with his face
red with anger. "Granted the office wasn't a good idea, but damn it
Billy… you've had me gone most of the time for the last two months.
I need to be with my wife!"

"Your what?!?!" Billy asked in disbelief. At that Lee instantly
calmed down and realized what he had said. He looked down at the
floor and ran his hand through his hair. "What did you say Lee… did
you say your wife?"

After a long pause Lee said slowly. "Yeah Billy… my wife. Amanda
and I were married three months ago." He took a deep breath to calm
down before he continued, "I'm sorry… this should never of happened.
Please… just do what you need to do to me but leave Amanda out of
it. I don't think she will ever be able to face you again." A
small smile played at the corners of Lee's mouth and his eyes
softened with thinking about his wife. "You know how she is, Billy.
After you left she was so upset."

"Get out of here Stetson. I don't want to see you or Amanda in this
office again until you hear from me. Now, get out." With those
words Billy went back to his chair and picked up the Tums.

As Lee excited the office of the section chief all eyes in the
bullpen turned to him. While none of the agents knew what exactly
had happened, it was a good bet that much of the heated conversation
had been heard. Lee continued to the door, not stopping to speak to
his fellow agents. He had just made it to the double doors when he
heard Billy's voice shout, "Desmond, my office now." Without looking
back, Lee headed for the Vette and his beautiful wife.

Francine Desmond immediately followed her supervisor's command and
entered the office. Closing the door as she was instructed, she
turned to her boss who had an unreadable look on his face and
asked, "What's the matter Billy?"

"Francine this is eyes only. I don't want you to let anyone find out
what you are looking for. Do you understand me?" Billy barked with
more than his usual irritation.

"Okay … what do you want me to find?"

"Hum …I'm not sure." He wasn't sure if this was a good thing or bad
thing but knew it was sure to cause problems in the section one way
or another.

"I'll need a little more than that to go on." Francine stated
starting to feel the hair on her neck standing. She had never seen
Billy is such a frame of mind.

"I want you to do a search of public records. Start here in the DC
area and move out from there. Look for a marriage license for Lee
Stetson." Billy all but blurted out.

"A what!" Francine stated in total disbelief.

"You heard me! A marriage license for either Lee Stetson or Amanda
King." There … it was out. Billy could still not believe it.

Francine stood numbly in the center of the room all the color
draining from her face.

"Start in February. Go from there and I want it found… if it exists…
yesterday." He ordered. The petite blond just stood frozen in her
spot with disbelief. "You heard me Francine. Now go and don't
leave a stone unturned."

Lee hurried to the vette anxious to get to his wife. She needed
him. Billy would cool down and Lee could take the consequences of
his actions, what ever they might be. Right now his main concern was
Amanda. How was this going to affect her? As he opened the door to
the car and slid in the seat he reached his hand over to cover
hers. "Hi… you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. What did Billy say?" she asked in a weary voice.

Lee let out a quiet breath, " Do you want the full text or the
abbreviated version?"

With a hint of a laugh she said, "Just the highlights please. I am
not sure how much detail I can handle right now."

"Well, it started with my being ordered to lock the door and shut the
blinds." Lee looked out the window to his left not being sure how
Amanda would take this conversation.

"That bad?" She moved her other hand to cover his and held his hand
gently between hers. This was as much her doing as his and he should
not have had to face Billy alone.

Taking a deep breath he continued, "Yeah… I think the high points
were `humping a bimbo,' ` banging a conquest,' `screwing `um in my
office' and something referring to my `bare ass.'"

"Oh no… Lee I'm so sorry. I should've gone with you. I can't
believe Mr. Melrose would say those things. He knows we've been
seeing each other. I knew he'd be mad… we shouldn't have done *it*
in the office… but to say thing like that…" Lee wasn't sure if she
had run out of words or breath, but there was a long pause.

"Amanda… he didn't know it was you." Lee turned in his seat
replacing his right hand with his left so he could caress her face
with his right. "Billy though I had some bimbo in the office for a
quickie." He looked into her eyes. "He was furious. He was afraid
you could've walked in and been hurt. I've never heard Billy so
concerned about anyone's feelings as he was for yours."

"Oh Lee, no. How could he think you'd do something like that?"
Looking down and shaking her head, "Honey, I'm so sorry."

"Billy has known me a long time." Lee knew his past would forever
haunt him. "He just thought I'd reverted back to the way I was
before I fell in love with you."

"So, what happened? You told him it was me, didn't you? I won't let
you take all the blame for this. We're partners, remember? We share
everything… even the blame. You did tell him didn't you Lee?"
Amanda's concern for Lee was palpable in the small car.

"Yeah… I told him." Lee was not sure where to go from here. He had
to tell Amanda what he had done but how angry would she be with him?

"Well, what'd he say?" She questioned eager to know the outcome.

"It just came out Amanda… Please don't be mad." Lee was pleading
with her to understand.

With much trepidation she ask, "What came out Lee?"

"I was angry… I had taken all I could stand… He accused me
of `fucking some slut' … and I…. I…said I was making love to my
wife." He paused trying to determine what her reaction was. "It
just sort of came out… I told him we were married three months
ago." There was an unbearable silence in the car. "Say
something ... Please... Amanda… Please." Lee begged.

Softly she spoke. "Good."

"Good?" He asked not daring to hope that she wasn't angry.

"Yeah… Good. I'm glad you told him."

"So you aren't mad at me?" He said sounding hopeful for the first
time since the door had opened to the Q Bureau.

"No. I'm not mad at you. I'm so sick of this stupid mystery
marriage. I want us to be a real family. I want you in my bed every
night. Then maybe we wouldn't have sex in the office!" her
frustrations with the situation coming through in her voice.

The relief flooded through his body. "Oh, Amanda! I'm so glad. I
want to be with you and the boys and Dotty… I don't want to be alone
anymore. Thank you." He leaned in as far as he could over the
gearshift to kiss her gently.

"So what now? What did he say after you told him the truth?" Amanda
was becoming more anxious by the moment.

"I don't know. He threw me out of his office and said that you and I
are not to come back until he calls for us." He leaned in to kiss
her again.

"Oh that's bad. What do you think he's going to do?" She asked
softly between tender kisses.

"I don't have any idea… and at this point in time …I don't care. I
have you and that's all that matters." Lee continued to cover her
face with soft kisses despite the fact they were parked directly in
front of the Agency. It was lunchtime and the two lovers in the car
were totally oblivious to the passers by. Lee sat back and looked
Amanda in the eye. "The worst he could do is fire us… and if he does
…then we will just have to get new jobs. It's only a job, Amanda.
It was the most important thing in my life… for a very long time… but
that was before I met you. Now it pales in comparison. You're the
only thing that matters to me now. So, we okay?"

"Yeah. Better than okay." She said sincerely. For the first time
since their marriage, she knew they were going to be all right.

They stayed there for a long time, both lost in their thoughts, the
vette a haven from the world, a special place that had always been
theirs. Finally, Lee reached over and placed his hand gently on
Amanda's abdomen. "Hey honey, I have a question for you?"

"Yeah… what is that?" She loved the tender touch of Lee's hand on
her tummy, his thumb moving back and forth tenderly.

"How does it feel having my guys inside of you?" There was a long
silence. Lee was almost afraid for her to speak, then in a shaky
voice she said, "Scary."

"Oh Amanda…don't be scared. Why are you scared?" This was an answer
he had not been expecting.

"Lee if your guys find any of my girls we could have a problem."
Amanda thought she was stating the obvious.

With total sincerity Lee said in a low loving voice, "No sweetheart…
not a problem. We'd have a baby." He turned once more, cupped her
face in his hands and kissed her with all the love he felt for her.
She parted her lips and he deepened the kiss wanting to show her that
he was there with her and always would be.

Amanda was shocked and slightly breathless from the kiss. "Do you
want to have a baby?"

"Yeah… I do. I want to have a baby with you." She covered the large
hand that still rested on her abdomen with hers and let her tears
fall.

"Hey… don't cry. I didn't mean to upset you. We can wait… we can
wait as long as you want." He had never expected this would upset
her so.

"No… I don't want to wait. I love you… that's all. I can't believe
you want to have a baby!" Amanda was overwhelmed with Lee's
feelings. They had never talked about having a child of their own.
It would have been impossible with the marriage a secret so she had
pushed the possibility out of her mind.

With that Lee reached over and kissed her passionately. "I love you
Mrs. Stetson! Let's go home.

TBC