- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own SMK. I just help the
characters inform their loyal followers of the
adventures in their lives that weren't shown on
screen.
"Amanda, Please talk to me. I said I was sorry".

Lee Stetson was in the doghouse. He had tried
everything he could think of to convince his wife
Amanda that he was truly sorry for what had happened.

I should have just listened to Amanda when she said it
was too risky, we'd get caught thought Lee. But no,
not the great Scarecrow. I'm too slick for that I
reassured her. Boy was I wrong.

Wrong and Stupid and now not only is Amanda mad at me
but we have been suspended from our Jobs for three
days. If that wasn't bad enough, Billy is thinking
about breaking us up as a team. I can't believe he'd
really do that, but then again, I've never seen Billy
as furious as he was when He and Francine walked in on
Amanda and I making love in the vault this evening.

Lee thought back to earlier that day before his
Section Chief William Melrose and co-worker Francine
Desmond had enter the vault in the Q Bureau. He and
Amanda had been going over files for three hours
straight. I've been working very hard thought Lee and
I deserve a little compensation. He looked over to his
wife's desk. Amanda was hard at work, as usual.

"You look beautiful tonight sweetheart," said Lee.

"Thank you sweetheart, flattery will get you
everywhere but first you have to finish your reports,
Scarecrow" replied Amanda King Stetson, not even
looking up from her paperwork. "This work might get
done a little faster if a certain someone in this room
would concentrate! on his paperwork - instead of his
wife."

"It's not my fault the paperwork isn't as fascinating
as my lovely wife. I'm a normal healthy red blooded
American Man, Amanda, you can't just dangle the
perfect peach in front of me and expect me not to want
to sample it's nectar," replied her non repenitent
husband."

Amanda gave an exasperated sigh, "Lee we have to
finish this tonight. Billy said he wanted this on his
desk by 7:00 a.m., so until we finish up here, just
consider me forbidden fruit, Scarecrow."

As she finished her statement Amanda looked up, that
was her first mistake. Lee, who had sauntered over to
Amanda's desk, was giving her his sexiest bedroom eyes
look. He knows I am not strong enough to fight him
when he gives me that look, thought Amanda. Aloud she
said, "Don't do this to me Scarecrow."

A smug look of satisfaction appeared on Lee's face,
when he heard his wife's tone of voice. Got her,
thought Lee. Knowing he had better press his advantage
before the effect wore off, Lee lifted Amanda's right
hand to his lips and tenderly kissed it.

"I'm not doing anything to you yet Mrs. Stetson. Rest
assured I intend to rectify that situation."

Lee turned Amanda's hand over and gently flicked his
tongue accross her palm. His eyes had turned dark with
passion. After releasing his wife's hand, Lee placed a
couple of quick, featherlight kisses on Amanda lips.
Making himself comfortable on Amanda's desk Lee smiled
like the cat who ate the Canary at the dreamy look
creeping up on his partners face. Slowly licking his
lips, Lee's agent brain reasoned just a little more
Scarecrow and she'll be beyond the threshold.

An almost, imperceptable groan escaped from Amanda
when she saw Lee lick his lips. Of their own volition,
Amandas hands reached up and wound themselves around
her husband's neck. Giving in to what her subconscious
was telling her, she pulled Lee's head down to her and
kissed him full on the mouth.

"You fight dirty, Scarecrow, she whispered."

"It's the first thing they taught me in spy school, he
replied."

Laughing Amanda teased Lee, "didn't they teach you how
important it was to complete your assignments on time
so you don't end up in the unemployment line?"

Uh oh! thought Lee. Her minds slipping back in the
wrong direction. I better hurry up and bring her back
around to my way of thinking.

"The agency taught me the difference between top
prioritiy and low level priority. You Mrs. Stetson are
now and forever more, my highest priority." Once again
Lee kissed Amanda, but this time the kiss was urgent
and demanding. Her response matched and surpassed
Lee's in intensity. "Wow," said Lee. "It never ceases
to amaze me how kissing you gets better and better
everyday."

Fingering Lee's collar, Amanda replied "that's because
our love grows stronger and stronger everyday,
sweetheart."

"I guess you're right about that, Amanda. I certainly
never felt this way before I fell in love with you,"
was her husbands response.

"Haven't you figured out by now, that I'm always
right," Amanda laughed. Her laughter turned into a
small gasp of pleasure a few seconds later as she felt
the wonderful sensations coming from Lee kissing her
neck.

While Lee's lips were pleasently occupied with her
neck, his hands were making short work of the buttons
on her blouse. Amanda still had enough presence of
mind to know where this was leading. I have to put a
stop to this before Lee has me stripped naked, she
thought.

"Slow your roll Scarecrow," she interjected. "We can't
do this here."

Lifting his lips only long enough to speak her husband
asked her "why not."

"Because we'll get caught," said Amanda desperately
fighting her libido's desire to take leave of her
senses, throw Scarecrow on the floor and make wild
passionate love to him right then and there.

"We won't get caught," Lee mumbled into her neck.
"Have you forgottten who you married?" Pulling back
momentarily to look in her eyes, he arrogantly in
formed her, "I'm the great Scarecrow. I'm too slick
for that."

"My dear husband, I have great faith in your abilities
as an Agent. What I don't have faith in is you ability
to be quiet. Suppose some maintence worker or a
Security Guard passes by, and hears us. You know how
boisterious you are when you c..."

"Come on Amanda," Lee cut her off, "I'm not that bad."

Amanda raised one eyebrow and gave Lee a look like,
yeah right.

Lee became indignant. "I'll have you know, I can be
very quiet when I want to."

His wife was unconvinced, so he decided to offer some
evidence in his defense.

"I've become very good at being quiet, since we were
married. I've never been caught by your mother or the
boys all those nights I've snuck in your room, Have
I?" he stated crossings his arms over his chest.

"No you haven't and it's a minor miracle" said Amanda.
"It certainly wasn't because you were quiet or have
you forgotten how you became overly enthusiastic in
your endevors and broke the box spring."

"I had," Lee grinned sheepishly.

"Well I haven't," snapped Amanda. "I was the one who
had to explain what happened to my mother."

"Oh yeah, incase I fogot to say it, sorry" said Lee.
"Amanda?"

"Yes."

"How did you explain that," inquired her Hubby.

"Well not that she believed me mind you, but I made up
some nonsense about standing on the bed jumping around
trying to kill a fly."

Lee burst out Laughing. Amanda joined in when Lee
said, "we're safe then, there's not a box spring
around." After the moment of hilarity had died down,
"he uttered besides the building is almost deserted.
No one will hear us."

"I still say it's too dangerous Lee, said Amanda."

"Ok, how about this. We use the Vault room. We close
the door, so if anyone pokes their head inside the Q
bureau all they'll see is an empty office," was her
husband's answer.

"Lee the floor in the vault is marble. It's too cold,"
was his wife's response.

"Not if we grab the blanket that we used for our
indoor picnic last week out of the closet, and spead
it out on the floor," said Scarecrow.

Amanda had run out of objections. We have been working
so hard that we haven't had any private time in days,
she thought as she allowed Lee to lead her into the
vault.

Once he had spread out the blanket and checked the
manual release on the door to insure it was working
properly, Lee eagerly began to disrobe. His wife
watched him with open admiration. She never got enough
of staring at the fine physical speciman that was Lee
Stetson. Making short work of his clothes, Lee looked
up to see Amanda appraising him.

"I hope you like what you see. I know I'm definately
going to enjoy the view after I get you out of your
clothes," he said eagerly rubbing his hands together
as he approached her.

While Lee and Amanda were having their fun in the
vault, their Section Chief Billy Melrose and coworker
Francine Desmond were walking down the Hallway, headed
towards the Q Bureau. Entering the office expecting to
find his two best agents, Billy was surprised to find
it was empty.

"Francine" he said, "do you know where Lee and Amanda
are? I thought they said they would be here pretty
late tonight."

"No I don't know where Lee and Amanda are Billy. They
said they were going to be here for most of the night
finishing up the paperwork on the Sheridan case," said
Francine.

Looking at Amanda's desk, which was closest to the
door, Melrose replied, "Well from the looks of things
they still have a ways to go. Probably stepped out to
grab a bite to eat. I'm sure they'll be back soon.
Amanda would never leave her desk cluttered if she was
through for the night. She's having a wonderful effect
on Scarecrow. I actually receive his reports properly
filled out in triplicate and 100% on time now, instead
of excuses of why he was too busy to do the report and
why it would be more cost effective to have someone in
the secretarial pool do this 'asinine paperwork'
instead of him, freeing him up for more 'vital work'."

Francine couldn't help but laugh. "Did he really say
that?" she asked.

"Yes he did," answered Billy. "Francine you know how
fast Lee thinks on his feet. That's what makes him
such a good agent: His ability to find a quick
solution to extricate himself from trouble. Like the
time he got caught on live tv, standing on a ledge
outside the hotel room of the wife a senator the
agency was assigned to protect, without a shirt on.

"What? When did this happen? Why haven't I heard about
this before now" asked Francine incredulously. She
knew Lee had pulled some stunts during his time with
the agency, but this one, surprised even her.

"I tell you the whole story later, Francine," said
Billy. "We don't have time now. Dr. Symthe said he'd
meet us in my office at 8:00. That only gives us ten
minutes to get the files we need and to find Lee and
Amanda." Melrose picked up the phone on Amanda's desk
and began a frantic search for his m.i.a. (missing in
action) agents.

"Ok Billy," muttered Francine, who was slightly put
out that she would have to wait until after the
emergency staff meeting that Dr. Smythe had called to
get the rest of the juicy gossip on Scarecrow, "i'll
grab the files. It won't take but just a minute Billy
and then i'll help you track down Lee and Amanda."

Francine opened the vault door, stepped in and
screamed. Dropping the phone and crossing the room to
see if Francine was okay, Billy called out, "You okay
Desmond?" as he entered the vault with his gun drawn.
In the short span of time between Francine's scream
and Billy entering the vault, Lee and Amanda had
broken apart and were hastily getting dressed.
Francine who was still in shock hadn't budged from the
spot.

"Scarecrow, Amanda, I want an explanation right now!"
bellowed Billy.

"UH Billy, we uh, were um," Scarecrow stuttered as he
hurriedly zipped his pants. "Damn," mutter Lee as he
caught himself in his zipper in his haste.

Amanda, whose face had turned 6 different shades of
red in 30 seconds, kept her head down, not able to
face her boss or Francine, as she finished dressing.
Seeing the look of mortification on Amanda's face
Francine quietly slipped out of the Vault. She was
about to exit the Q Bureau when Billy's voice stoped
her.

"Desmond. I need you to go back up to my office and
stall Dr. Smythe, while I deal with those two in the
vault."

"Me Billy? sqeaked Francine.

"Yes you, Francine. I don't care how you do it but,
don't let him come within 100ft, no, with what I have
to say you better make that 200ft of here. Oh and
Desmond, don't you dare breathe a word of this to
anyone. Do you understand me?" Billy told her.

"Yes sir," Francine said as she went out the door.

Lee and Amanda exited the vault together. Billy had
been pacing the room waiting for them to come out.
When he saw them step into the room he let the full
force of his fury fly.

Half an hour later, a thoroughily chastised Lee and
Amanda followed Billy into his office. The meeting had
already started.

"Hickory Dickory Doc, Looks like Melrose, Stetson and
King can't read a clock," said Dr. Symthe as the trio
walked into the room. "I hope you have a good
explanation as to why you are a half an hour late to
an emergency meeting, kiddies. I expect to hear all
about it as soon as this meetings over."

The meeting lasted another hour and a half. Billy
spent another hour chewing Lee and Amanda out, after
everyone left Billy's office, to go about their
assigned task. Billy had given Dr. Smyth the excuse of
Lee and Amanda receiving some important information
from one of their 'family' that required an emergency
debriefing as the reason they were late to the
meeting.

It had now been 3 hours and 20 mins. since they had
been caught in the vault and Amanda hadn't spoken to
Lee in all that time. Fifteen Mins. later Lee pulled
the Vette up in Front of 4247 Maplewood.

"We're hear Amanda" he said. He was hoping that now
that they had arrived in front of her house, she would
talk to him. "Amanda," he said quietly. "Are you ever
going to start speaking to me again? I know you're mad
at me and you have every right to be but, I love you
and I need to know that you still love me."

Hearing the uncertainty in Lee's voice, snapped Amanda
out of her thoughts. "Of course I love you Lee. I'll
never stop loving you. You never have to doubt my love
for you sweetheart. It is deeper that all the oceans
on the Earth put together sweetheart. And Lee, I'm not
mad at you. Well not anymore. I'm sorry I've been so
quiet. I just had a lot on my mind."

"That's okay Amanda. I'm just glad you're not still
mad at me."

"Lee."

"Yes dear."

"I don't think Mr. Melrose would have been quite as
mad at us if he knew we were Married. I mean, he still
would have been highly upset because of the situation,
but I think he would have at least understood a little
better, said Amanda."

"What are you saying Amanda?"

"I think it's time we went public with our Marriage,"
she replied.

Lee thought about it for little while. It was what
they both wanted and it would give them more time
together. "I think you're right, sweetheart. Why don't
we practice on your family first and tell Billy when
he cools down."

"It's a deal Scarecrow," Amanda said as she leaned
over to Lee and sealed their bargin with a kiss.

The End