- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Scarecrow and Mrs. King and its characters belong to WB and Shoot the Moon Productions. No infringement is intended. I just took Lee & Amanda out to play for a little while. I promise to give them back unharmed. No infringement was intended. Please do not redistribute or reproduce this story without my permission. And please don’t try to sue me cause I don’t have anything to sue for.
Thursday 4:45 PM

It was a late Thursday afternoon and Amanda knew Francine was going to be very annoyed with her. She was supposed to have met Francine Desmond in the downstairs lobby of IFF over ten minutes ago.

"Why did I let Francine talk me into this lingerie party? I just hate how uncomfortable parties like these make me. I won't know any one there, and why would I buy anything there?" she grumbled while placing the last of the files from the stack she was working with aside. Placing her head in her hands, Amanda leaned forward on the desk. "We couldn't have had a priority assignment tonight, could we?"

The sudden knock on the Q-Bureau door startled Amanda, the loud thud reminding her she had locked the door. This was a procedure that Lee had become very persistent with; he worried about her being up here all alone. He wanted to know it was secured when he was not there.

Amanda rolled her chair from the desk to the door. Francine pushed the door open almost as quickly as Amanda undid the latch." Amanda, what's taking you so long?" Francine questioned.

"I don't know about this Francine.” Amanda moved her chair back to her desk and started fiddling with her pencil. “I am really not comfortable with this. Lingerie parties are not exactly my big night on the town."

Francine just shook her head and laughed as she walked over to Lee's desk, sitting abruptly down on the edge, Francine looked Amanda straight in the eyes.

"Come on Amanda, we're just having a little fun. It's more like some of the girls getting together than anything else. Isn't this like the Tupperware parties you housewives have?" Francine giggled at her own joke.

"Would you stop Francine? When are you going to stop referring to me as a housewife? I think I have proven myself one or two times in the last five years that I have been with the Agency." Amanda shot back a question of her own and pulled her purse out from under her desk as she responded to Francine’s jab.

"Okay, okay. I was only joking with you. And yes, you have shown that you can come through in the clutch." Taking Amanda by the arm, Francine starts to escort her towards the door to go. "Amanda, I asked you to go because I am trying to extend the olive branch here. I really would like for us to try to be friends, so come along and lets go have a little fun."

Amanda finally agreed as she pulled the door shut to the Q-bureau and made sure it was locked. As they made their way down the stairs, she mentioned, "By the way Francine, I won’t need a ride home from the party after all. A friend is picking me up about ten or so. We should be done by then. Right?"

Amanda was praying at this point that Francine would leave things at that and not inquire as to the WHO.

"Maybe,” Francine replied slyly. “So who is picking you up? Your mother?”

Continuing their walk to Francine’s car Amanda realized that Francine would probably see her ride and deemed it better to volunteer the information up now. “You know, Francine, it was Lee who actually offered me a ride home. He said he’d be back from his appointment before ten. I thought it was sort of nice of him. Don’t you?”

Francine stopped dead in her tracks at that statement. "Does Lee know what kind of party you were going to?" Opening the door to the car and getting in Amanda again gave Francine another strange look. "No, he said it would be easier then having my mother drive out here at that hour, or you having to take me home. I figured he was just being nice."

Francine pulled the car out into the road smiling. The very thought of Amanda’s reaction to this party seemed to amuse her to no end.

Francine had deliberately neglected to tell her all the details. She wanted to try to get Amanda to loosen up just a little, and figured she would never agree to go to a 'Pleasure Party.'

"Amanda," Francine asked very cautiously, "You aren't seeing Lee again are you?"

Now it was Amanda's turn to laugh. She was thinking, 'If Francine only knew the truth.' She had tried so hard several months ago to warn Amanda off of Lee Stetson, trying to convince her that he would never change. Francine was determined to convince Amanda that for Lee, women were only playthings. Lee would spend his time with women till they wore out their usefulness or till he became bored with them, then, he would just toss them away.

Just the very thought of Francine’s reaction if she knew that Lee and Amanda were actually married sent shivers of joy up and down Amanda’s spine. She knew it was cruel to think that way. Sometimes the idea of totally shocking Francine held a strong appeal but hey, what the heck. Contrary to Francine’s knowledge she did land ‘The Scarecrow’.

As for all the people that think she is out of Lee’s league, one day she would finally get to see their reactions.

"No Francine, Lee and I are nothing more than partners. I realized after we talked that you were right. Breaking up with Lee six months ago was for the best. Besides it would have only complicated our working relationship."

With that, the rest of the short ride was in companionable silence. Amanda and Francine approached their destination and entered the home of Cindy Corwin.

Cindy was a mutual friend of both of them. Amanda had met her a few times at the Agency. She had heard Cindy was a fine operative, especially from Lee, although she had never personally worked with her. Cindy always seemed to be nice, which was part of the reason Amanda had even considered going to this party to begin with.

They rang the bell, and were promptly escorted into the house by Cindy.

“I was beginning to wonder where you were.” Cindy inquired, “You two are the last to arrive. I was starting to wonder if something came up at work.” As Cindy turned towards Amanda she continued to welcome them both into her home. “I am especially glad you could make it Amanda. It’s so rare any of us get to really socialize away from the job.”

"We are all going to have a blast tonight. Not to mention our men always seem to appreciate the end results of these little soirees. Don't you think Amanda?"

As Cindy headed towards the bar, Amanda began to notice lots of strange little objects placed around the table. She grabbed Francine's arm and quickly pulled her aside. "What is all this stuff? I don't see any lingerie here Francine," Amanda started to get a little worried as to what Francine had brought her into.

"Oh, I'm sorry Amanda, didn't I tell you. Cindy changed the party from a lingerie party to a 'Pleasure Party',” as Francine took the glass of wine from Cindy.

"And what can I get you Amanda?"

Amanda jumped at Cindy's request, not really paying any attention to what was said. "Oh I don't really drink, thank you very much."

"Come on Amanda, one little drink won't hurt, she'll have a white wine also."

Amanda quickly pulled Francine aside, "Francine, I know I am a little naïve but, what exactly is a Pleasure Party?" Taking Amanda's glass of wine from Cindy, she escorted Amanda over to a seat on the couch, slightly away from everybody else. Laughing slightly under her breath, Francine then began to explain.

"Amanda, how can you, of all people not know what a Pleasure Party is? You're telling me that in all the years you were married, you and your husband never used any toys?"

All Amanda could do was blush at the question.

"Ok, I forgot for a second who I was talking to. All these little items on the table, well, they're creams, gels, and toys. They, hmm, shall we say assist in making your sexual experience more enjoyable. For you and for him."

Looking at how red Amanda's face had become Francine shook her head from side to side in disbelief. "I truly cannot believe that you and Joe never."

Amanda cut in at that point "NO, Joe and I never...we never needed anything. I mean when we were married. I guess we just...well… you know….we never had a problem, I mean in that area.." Amanda found that she couldn't even look Francine in the eyes she felt so embarrassed.

"You know what Francine," as Amanda started to rise from the couch. "I think I'm going to just see if I can get a hold of Lee. Maybe he finished up early and he can pick me up now. I am really not comfortable with this at all." Placing her hand upon Amanda's shoulder Francine gently pushed her back down onto the couch.

"Ladies, may I have your undivided attention, please." A very tall attractive brunette was bringing the room to a silence. Amanda noticed there were about thirty other women in the room, all different ages. With the exception of Francine and Cindy, she knew no one.

"Good evening ladies, my name is Tracy, and I will be your hostess for the evening."

Amanda suddenly looked up at the lovely young girl who she thought couldn't be more than 24 or 25 years old.

'What am I doing here, this is insane.’ Amanda started to think. ‘I'm going to get even with Francine, if it's the last thing I do. How on earth will I ever explain this party to Lee? Oh My Gosh! Lee, I can’t even tell him, I can’t even imagine what he would think, and me, I would just die trying to explain it.

My Goodness, what if he thinks that I came here cause I thought we needed something to spice up our relationship? What if he thinks, that I think, he isn’t pleasing me? This party is going to cause me a lot of problems.’

Tracy's voice, and Francine poking a pad and pencil in front of Amanda, brought her attention back to her surroundings.

"Amanda, put your name on one of these sheets, fold it up and place it in the bottle on the table"

Looking at the bottle Amanda breathed, "Francine that bottle looks just like..."

Francine interrupted her," I know, it looks just like a man's penis, isn't it just the greatest thing for a party like this.?”

"Any resemblance to Lee's?" Francine giggled, as Amanda tore the sheet off the pad and looked Francine dead in the eye, armed with the knowledge that Francine had set her up to get her here to begin with.

Amanda quickly remembered Lee's stories about his short-lived romance with Francine, "You should know better than I would." Amanda stated as she folded the paper and stuck it in the jar, "After all you did sleep with him, didn't you?"

Startled at the quick, catty response, so very ‘unlike’ Amanda, Francine was about to come back with another jab when Tracy began clapping her hands together to try to get the ladies’ attention. "OK Ladies I hope you are ready for some fun. We are going to begin this party with a few demonstrations. I have for you here some wonderful creams and ointments that you can use… Not that any of you women need help.” Waving her hand over the large selections of tubes and jars, “These items are merely to enhance your sexual experience’s with your men. Now, I refer to the clitoris as our magic button, just so you ladies will know what I am talking about. It sounds a little nicer."

When all the other ladies in the room started giggling at this statement, Amanda finally started to think 'maybe this won't be so bad after all.'

As Tracy was explaining her products, Amanda caught herself sneaking a glance at Francine out of the corner of her eye. Seeing the expression on Francine's face, she knew her shot had hit the mark. Amanda would never consider being deliberately hurtful, but somehow, she felt Francine deserved that.

"Our first item up is called Ready to Go. You place just a little dab on your magic button. You will feel a slight tingle and warm up. It will soon feel like a throbbing sensation and believe me ladies, once you feel that, you will definitely need to do something about it. Any one wish to try a small dab, Cindy can they use your ladies room?

Cindy just smiled as she took the little sample stick from Tracy's hand. "Sure, after me” and she walked away. Several other women in the room went off to try this product. While they did so Amanda began skimming slowly through the catalog. (Not quite believing things like this actually existed.)

There had to be half a dozen different types of vibrators, nipple clips, and even anal beads. As Amanda reached the page with the sexual vibrators she was actually stunned. They had so many different kinds. There was standard, multi-angled, ridged, smooth, for bathtub use, "Oh my Gosh," Amanda said, not realizing it was out loud.

Shocked that they even had a vibrator called the "Swan Dive" seven and a half inches long, developed to hit your 'G Spot‘ while you’re being provided with clitoral excitement. 'I am definitely in the wrong place.' Amanda thought, feeling her face turning beet red.

As Tracy began to display the next product, Amanda started to look around at the reactions on the other women's faces. "Maybe some of these products aren't as bad?"

"Ok Ladies the next item we have here is called Tighten Up. This is especially good for you women who have had children. It helps to create a nice snug area, and you will be able to feel every nuance of your partner's movements as he continually penetrates you. Now, who wouldn't enjoy that?"

She handed the tube to the first woman to pass around and continued down the list.

Tracy had a fragrance to heighten your animal attraction, based on the pheromones. There was a spritzer spray called Passion Flower. You sprayed it on yours or your partner's body. The taste was a wonderful strawberry or passion fruit.

She also had body puddings, tasty teases and whipping creams. They were in the flavors of Chocolate, Pina Colada, Mint and Strawberry. Who needs dinner, you can just feast on your lover? All these products were for spreading on your partner's body for long tasty hours of enjoyment.

There was even a sex bubble bath and vibrators made for the bath. Then the bubble gum body powder, I guess to dry off with after? If you were to get dry... Amanda started giggling at all the items that were actually here. And these women were making out long lists of what they wanted to buy.

"Maybe I am being a little prudish here, after all, these other women don't seem to see anything wrong with this. But than again, I have never heard Lee mention any of these things. Except of course the stories around the Agency of his past exploits. Wasn't there something about hot chocolate syrup once?"

Amanda’s mind again began to wander. It had crossed her mind from time to time that maybe, possibly she, was the reason Lee never showed a more provocative side to their love making.

Their trysts although few and far between were usually wonderful, at least she thought so. ‘Then again, how would you tell your partner that you wanted to try other things? Especially when the person is kind of shy, and reserved, like me. Maybe, maybe Lee thought I would be offended. Or maybe he thought I would think he was just treating me like all his other women.'

Suddenly, Amanda started filling out her own little order form. "Guess I need to take the initiative here." Francine, noticing this, tried to steal a glance at it. No luck. Amanda was being very secretive about what she was purchasing. And Tracy had said earlier, that no one would see what any one else bought.

Soon, everyone was sitting and chattering away. They were all talking about all the little items they had seen. One by one they filed into the other room. One by one they all came out with their little shopping bags of goodies.

Then, it was Amanda's turn. Francine noticed she had been with Tracy for quite awhile. It was suppose to be for fun but Francine never really had though that she would buy anything. "I have to find out what she bought she thought. As she sat waiting for Amanda she heard a knock at the door.

"Hi Lee." she heard Cindy say, as she let him into the apartment. "You sure you want to set foot in this room right now?” giggling as he stood by the doorway and replied.

"I think I have seen more than my share of ladies lingerie Cindy, don't you think?

Anyway, I don’t think there is anything here that could shock me.” He was flashing Cindy his ‘million dollar smile’, “ By the way, where's Amanda? I was supposed to give her a lift home. That's why I'm here actually."

Francine, sitting on the end of the couch near the front door notices Lee’s entrance as Cindy greets him. Francine quickly rises to meet Lee at the door with hopes of getting some dirt on Amanda from Lee.

"A Lingerie party? Is that what Amanda told you this was?" Laughing slightly, then trying very carefully to see what she could really get out of Lee about their relationship.

"Lee, this was…is a Pleasure Party."

"Guess Amanda has a new man on the burner. She's in the back right now working out her purchases with Tracy. Guess the new man in her life must need a little help huh? By the way, you and Amanda are so close…have you met him yet?”

Lee just looked at Francine, saying nothing to her at all about her last statement.

“No matter, you know how it goes. We do what we have to do to keep the men in our lives happy. And if we get some pleasure out of it, so much the better, right Lee?”

“Francine,” he dragged her name out in frustration, “although Amanda and

I are close, we do not discuss our personal lives in that respect.

If she is seeing some one that makes her happy, I am happy for her.

And, if she is buying anything here…I am sure, what ever it is, that she will get as much enjoyment out of her purchases as her boyfriend.

Of course you should know all about that…right Francine?”

Turning away from Francine for a second Lee quickly began contemplating what he was just told. Lee raised his eyes in astonishment. He could not believe Amanda would even agree to come to a party like this. As he turned once again to face Francine he continued, “Besides Francine, I can't really believe that Amanda would be buying anything really erotic here. It’s not her style."

Just as he finished his sentence, Amanda came out from the other room. Their eyes met, and as Lee noticed the large bag in Amanda's hand, she suddenly felt very flushed
Casually she walked over to Lee saying “good evening.” Still stunned and trying to find a quick way out of here, Lee mentioned he had a very early meeting in the morning and asked if she is ready to go.

Unsuccessful with Lee and dying of curiosity, Francine had to think fast. “If you are in that much of a hurry Lee," she glanced quickly towards Amanda, "I can give Amanda a ride home, it’s really no problem."

"That's quite all right Francine, I am ready to go." Amanda interjected turning to Cindy and offering her goodbyes and thank you for an interesting evening. Then just as quickly, turned to Lee and asked if he's ready.

Lee bid good night to all, and placed his hand near the small of Amanda's back as he guided her through the front door and to the car. Lee’s curiosity was already beginning to eat away at him. Settling into the car, Lee started the engine and they began their journey home.

The silence on the drive was almost deafening. Amanda knew Lee was wondering what was in the bag. ‘How am I ever going to tell him what I bought’ Amanda thought.

Finally finding her voice, Amanda broke the silence.

"Lee, could we stop by the apartment first, before you take me home? Would you mind?"

Clearing the sudden dryness from his throat "No, not at all." Taking advantage of the first red light since they departed Cindy’s Lee leans over to give Amanda a proper kiss on the lips, then carefully inquired, "So, what's in the bag?" he tried not to let on that he knows it wasn't a lingerie party,

“Something sexy for me to see you in? Giving Amanda his biggest grin and wiggling his eyebrows up and down teasingly at her "Lee, the lights green." Amanda points out, trying to disregard his questions.

Moving forward with the late night traffic, Lee slowly shook his head as he waited for an answer. Noticing through the corner of his eye that Amanda was extremely fidgety, and realizing that she was not responding he tried asking again,

“So you gonna tell me what’s in the bag or am I going to have to work on my interrogation skills?” He inquired, placing his right hand gently on her knee, tenderly rubbing it to calm her fidgeting.

Hesitantly Amanda replied, "Your interrogation methods might make me enjoy keeping it a secret but it’s really no big deal. It’s just a reminder to me about listening to my own common sense." A confused Lee asks her to please clarify that statement, as they pull up to the apartment.

"Put it this way, there is over three hundred dollars worth of items in this bag that I know will never be used, and were a waste of my hard earned money. Items that were purchased for no other reason than to prove to some people that I am not as puritan as they seem to think I am. I wasted all this money because I let someone make me think that they knew better than I what I needed."

Lee exited the car, walking briskly around to open her door. Quietly, they made their way up to the apartment. Lee closed the door, turned and took Amanda in his arms, kissing her firmly on the lips.

He then placed his arm around her waist and guided her to the couch. They approached the couch and as they sat back, Lee made sure to retain his embrace on Amanda by pulling her against him as they sat.

He realized she was not letting go of the bag. He also realized that whatever happened at this party was definitely bothering her. Before he took her home, Lee was determined to find out what could have happened to make his Amanda feel insecure.

"Do you want to tell me what exactly happened, and why you feel that you just threw away three hundred dollars?" Lee placed a kiss on the top of Amanda's head and she snuggled in tighter to his embrace.

“Not really…it’s pretty stupid to tell you the truth and you would probably laugh at me.”

Squeezing her gently as he responded, “I would never laugh at you sweetheart. I love everything about you. I just thought that maybe if you told me, I could help, or at least maybe make you feel a little better.” With that Lee left it alone for a little while as they snuggled contently on his couch.

After a few minutes, Amanda finally placed the bag on the floor. "I let my insecurities about you and me come to the surface tonight. I forgot that honesty trust and love were the major keys in our relationship, not sex. I let myself believe that I needed to buy all this junk to make you happy." Amanda admitted, kicking the bag she had placed on the floor as she said this.

Tightening his embrace on his wife once again, Lee continued the charade for now.

He wanted Amanda to tell him what she had bought. Not for him to let her know what type of party she had really been at.

"Well, I do love seeing you dressed in those sexy nightgowns. I also enjoy the accomplishment when I undress you from those sexy nightgowns." he was laughing seductively as he said it.

"Lee” she let a long, heartfelt sigh out as she continued. “ If all they were, was nightgowns, I would be fine. Problem is, that's not what I bought."

Amanda tried to squirm out of her husband’s hold to no avail.

"That lingerie party wasn’t really a lingerie party. It was actually what Francine called a Pleasure Party. They sell all these little things, like gels, and creams and… a few other things... For…umm…you know…” Amanda was now turning beet red trying to explain all of this to her husband.

Playing the game a little Lee began to tease her. “Amanda what are you talking about? What are these gels and creams for? Cooking?”

Looking at Lee through the corner of her eye and shaking her head. ‘I can’t believe this, my man of the world husband has no clue what the heck I am talking about’ “You might say that,” Amanda replied rather agitatedly. “They are for cooking…in..uh.., well, they are suppose to help heat things up.”

Again trying to fidget her way out of Lee’s embrace, he once again pulled her back to him.

Trying very hard not to give himself away, Lee again stifled his growing laughter.

“I must not be getting this why would Francine say it was a lingerie party if they were selling cooking stuff.” Holding Amanda close to him, Lee gently brushed his hands up her arms, still trying with little success to get her to relax.

Meanwhile, Amanda just sat there shaking her head in disbelief. ‘He has to be kidding me, there is no way he doesn’t understand what I am saying’

Again Amanda tried to explain, frustration clearly showing in her voice, “Lee, it’s not for cooking, why would you even think that? Do you think I would have trouble telling you about cooking supplies. No, I don’t think so...it’s to heat things up in the bedroom…you know …SEX!!.

“I actually went out and bought sex toys and lotions. There I said it, okay?. I spent three hundred dollars on sex toys. Now go ahead and laugh because I know you are dying to. What a dope I am." Amanda suddenly noticed Lee was laughing. While she was going on about her purchases, he was laughing.

Watching Amanda ramble on he could not longer hold back. Lee always found it endearing that here she was a mother of two and could not comfortably talk about sex.

"Would you please explain to me just what is so funny?" Amanda demanded. “I know I told you to go ahead and laugh but I didn’t really think you would. You told me you wouldn’t,” Amanda then slumped back onto the couch, moving to the furthest end from her husband.

After finally composing himself, Lee moved to the end of the couch, looked her in the eyes and replied, "Only you could get so upset about an impulse purchase. Now me personally, I can't say that the purchases are dumb, cause you haven't told me what you bought. See now for example; if you bought... say handcuffs, well Sweetheart that would be a waste of money. After all, we both have the real things. ‘Course as physically active as you are when we make love…I can’t exactly see you enjoying being confined. I could be wrong."

"You like these things?" Amanda asked him, almost in a state of shock.

Lee placed his hands upon Amanda’s shoulders, shifting her so that she faced him completely "I like making love to you. Anything that enhances or adds to the pleasure of that experience is fine by me. See, yes, I think you bought this stuff for me. You still have some idea in your head about making me happy by being more playful or trying to be like some of the girls you have heard stories about with me, around the Agency but guess what?"

Amanda looked at him, confused

"It's you that will get to enjoy it as much as me. I can promise you that. I have no complaints in our lovemaking but tell me, what's wrong with adding a little fun and flavor at the same time?" With that Lee pulled her to him placing his lips upon hers. As the kiss intensified, he started gently applying pressure with his tongue demanding entrance.

Amanda placed her arms around his neck pulling him closer and granting him the entrance he desired. After a few moments of this, they pulled apart breathless .As Lee looked seductively into her deep brown eyes he asked her

"Are you going to show me what you bought?"



To be continued by Cheryl in Pleasure Party II – The Purchases