- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I have no rights to Scarecrow and Mrs. King or any of its characters. This was written for entertainment purposes only.

Setting. Early season three
Tiny Bubbles

Amanda closed her eyes as she relished the warmth of her bath. Taking in a deep breath, she smelled the raspberry bubbles that covered her body. She enjoyed baths at home, but something about not having to pay the water bill at a hotel made her use more water and more bubbles.

The bathroom in her hotel room was easily the size of her entire bedroom at home. A large glass-block, walk-in shower was in one corner, with an even bigger oval tub surrounded by mirrors occupying the other.

She almost felt guilty that she was luxuriating in a bubble bath, while Lee set up the surveillance equipment on the Dalton brothers, who were staying across the hall. Almost.

The door burst open, and Lee rushed in, slamming it shut as he kicked off his shoes.

“Lee! What do you think you’re doing?” Amanda wrapped her arms around her upper body.

“Close your eyes.” He pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it in the corner.

“Lee! You have to get out of here.”

“Quit saying my name and close your eyes.” He unbuttoned his pants and started to slide them down his legs.

Amanda clamped her eyes shut. “What--”

“Shhhh.” Something else made a thud in the corner.

The water level rose.

She flicked open her eyes, then quickly covered them with her hand. “Oh my gosh.”

The water rose even higher and splashed onto the floor, as she felt him slide into the tub beside her, his muscular legs right next to her freshly shaven ones.

“Lee, you can’t be in here. I’m naked!”

“I am, too, so we’re even.”

“Oh my gosh!”

“I wish you would quit saying that.” His arm wrapped around her waist.

“Oh my gosh!”

A crash from her bedroom yanked her mind away from the naked spy holding her close. She opened her mouth to speak and saw the bathroom doorknob turning.

Lee buried his face in her shoulder and laid his arm over her chest whispering, “Play along.”

Two men with guns burst into the room.

She screamed and grasped onto Lee.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” He raised his now bubble-covered face and yelled at them in a very bad southern accent. “If I wanted to be interrupted in the bath, I’d’ve stayed at the trailer with all the younguns.”

Amanda covered her face with her hand, trying to mask her giggle.

Lee pulled her closer. “There, there, pumpkin. I’m sorry. Don’t cry, darlin’. You know I hate it when you cry.”

“It’s ruined,” she drawled. “This was supposed to be our big, fancy, romantical weekend. It’s ruined. Just ruined.”

The men lowered their guns, as they looked down at their feet.

“After the triplets were born, I haven’t had a moment’s peace. You promised me a nice relaxing weekend.” She let out a hideous whine. “Ricky Joe, I wanna go home.”

“Umm, we’re sorry, ma’am. We thought this room belonged to someone else.” The man in black stepped toward the door.

“Yeah. Sorry.” They quickly ran out of the hotel room, slamming the door shut as they left.

“Lee?”

He turned toward her. “Yeah?”

“Um, do you think they’re gone for good?”

“Oh, yeah. Probably.”

She looked down at his arm, draped across her breasts. “Do you mind moving your arm?”

“Oh.” A flush spread across his cheeks. “Sorry . . . I, uh . . . didn’t think you’d want them to see anything . . . uh . . . you know.”

“Lee?” She nodded to his arm, still resting across her boobs.

“Sorry.” He quickly removed his arm, displacing the bubbles covering her.

He sat up and looked away, as she covered herself with a washcloth. A flush--that was not from the still-hot water--crept upward from the area that his arm had recently been touching.

Lee leaned forward, lifting himself slightly up out of the water, and grabbed a towel. “I’ll just . . . uh . . . go check the room.”

“Okay.” She tried to avert her eyes while he stood, but she had a hard time avoiding seeing his naked body. There he was--reflected in a roomful of mirrors.

She started to raise her hand to cover her eyes, when she noticed that the bubbles were becoming few and far between. In order to cover her eyes, she would have to uncover something else.

When Lee stepped out, the water level lowered considerably. She sank deeper into the tub, trying to at least keep covered by the water.

He walked to the door, then turned and faced her. “By the way, be careful when you get out, we splashed a lot of water on the floor.”

No wonder the tub was suddenly so shallow.

The door clicked behind him, and she finally let herself relax.

The relaxation was short-lived. She bolted upright. “Oh my gosh. I just snuggled up in the bathtub with Lee Stetson . . . naked!”

The scene replayed itself in her mind. His clothes hitting the floor, stepping into the tub, her eyes accidentally opening and seeing him . . . well . . . right there in front of her. Him lying next to her, molded against her. She could almost still feel his legs against her legs, his chest against her side, as well as other parts against her hip. His arm resting on her breasts, and then the mirrored view when he stood up. She shook her head, trying to get rid of the images, but they wouldn’t leave. Who’d have thought Lee Stetson had dimples on his butt?

As she dried off, Amanda tried to remember if their room had one or two beds. Her mind had suddenly become blank about the sleeping arrangements.

Lee had been right; there was a lot of water on the floor. Her clothes were now soaked. The only dry thing in the room was his white dress shirt.

“Oh, well, it’s not like I have too much choice. I hope he doesn’t mind.” She reassured herself as she opened the door and entered the bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lee jumped between balconies, then ran through the room next to the Dalton’s room and darted out the door. Luckily, they weren’t the smartest grapes in the bunch. They both followed him across the balconies, instead of splitting up, which gave him time to get into his own room.

Scanning the room, he realized that Amanda must still be in the bathroom. Hopefully, she hadn’t locked the door.

He thrust open the door and kicked off his shoes before Amanda even had a chance to respond.

“Lee! What do you think you’re doing?” She wrapped her arms around her upper body as she sank deeper into the bubbles.

“Close your eyes.” He unbuttoned the top couple of buttons, then pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it in the corner.

“Lee! You have to get out of here.” Her eyes darted around the room.

“Quit saying my name and close your eyes.” He turned away from her as he unbuttoned his slacks, then slid them down his legs.

“What--” She gasped, as her eyes shut into little slits.

“Shhhh.” He pulled off his boxers and tossed them, along with his pants, in the corner.

He watched her in the mirror as he lowered himself into the water.

“Oh my gosh,” she croaked. He thought he saw her eyes grow large as saucers, before she clapped her hand over them.

When he squeezed into the tub beside her, the water splashed onto the floor. Her legs felt so smooth against his.

“Lee, you can’t be in here. I’m naked!” She tried to scoot away, but the tub that at first looked large was still just barely big enough for two.

“I am, too, so we’re even.” He scooted closer as he heard the bedroom door being jimmied.

“Oh my gosh!”

“I wish you would quit saying that.” He wrapped his arm around her waist. Might as well make it look believable.

“Oh my gosh!”

As the door burst open, Lee buried his face in her shoulder. He laid his arm protectively over her chest whispering, “Play along.”

Sneaking a peek at the mirrors, he watched Jim and Andy Dalton enter the room, guns waving.

Amanda screamed and grasped onto him, digging her fingernails into his arm.

He knew he needed to think fast. In his best ‘Ricky Joe’ voice, he started his cover story. “What the hell do you think you’re doing? If I wanted to be interrupted in the bath, I’d’ve stayed at the trailer with all the younguns.”

When she started to cry, Lee pulled her closer. “There, there, pumpkin. I’m sorry. Don’t cry, darlin’. You know I hate it when you cry.”

“It’s ruined,” she drawled. He realized she wasn’t crying but playing along, just as he’d asked. “This was supposed to be our big, fancy, romantical weekend. It’s ruined. Just ruined.” He buried his face against her shoulder again, trying not to laugh at ‘romantical.’

The men lowered their guns and looked down at their feet.

He was about to ask the men to leave, but, as usual, Amanda wasn’t finished. “After the triplets were born, I haven’t had a moment’s peace. You promised me a nice relaxing weekend.” She let out a hideous whine that reminded him of some screwball redhead from an old TV show he used to watch with his Mother. “Ricky Joe, I wanna go home.”

“Umm, we’re sorry, ma’am. We thought this room belonged to someone else,” Andy muttered, as he stepped toward the door.

“Yeah. Sorry.” They quickly ran out of the hotel room, slamming the door shut as they left.

“Lee?” Amanda let out a deep breath. He wondered if she’d even taken a breath after her monologue.

“Yeah?”

“Um, do you think they’re gone for good?” Her eyes darted from him to the door.

“Oh, yeah. Probably.”

“Do you mind moving your arm?” He followed her gaze to his arm--which lay covering her breasts.

“Oh.” He realized that his arm actually was lying on her boobs. “Sorry.” Not wanting her to feel embarrassed, he thought quickly. “I, uh . . . didn’t think you’d want them to see anything . . . uh . . . you know.”

“Lee?” She nodded toward his arm, still resting across her boobs.

“Sorry.” He quickly removed his arm, causing the bubbles to pull away, revealing her chest.

Lee knew he had to leave soon, before a certain part of his anatomy made itself more prominent. He kept trying to tell himself it was just Amanda, only a housewife, but, for some reason, that wasn’t helping. Only making matters worse. It’s just any other naked woman lying in a bathtub, he told himself. But that didn’t help either.

He shifted his weight and leaned forward, lifted himself slightly up out of the water, and grabbed a towel. “I’ll just . . . uh . . . go check the room.”

“Okay.”

He stepped out and wrapped the towel around his waist.

Lee walked to the door, then turned and faced her. “By the way, be careful when you get out, we splashed a lot of water on the floor.”

When the door clicked behind him, he finally relaxed.

The relaxation was short-lived. He suddenly realized that he had been lying in a bathtub beside a naked Amanda.

But it was only Amanda, right?

The scenes from the bathroom flashed before him. Rushing into the room and seeing her lying there, bubbles surrounding the swell of her breasts. Wrapping his arms around her naked body. The feel of her nipples against his arm and the feel of his penis against her hip. Lifting his arm and seeing the water and bubbles part from her breasts. The water-magnified view of her body under the dissipating bubbles.

No, this was Amanda; he had no right to think about her in that way.

He pulled on a pair of boxers and some sweatpants, glad that the swell in one certain area had subsided, and heard the bathroom door open. Turning around, he saw her standing there in his white shirt. The light from the bathroom silhouetted her body through the thin fabric of his dress shirt.

Lee quickly looked at the one large bed in the middle of the room. How the hell was he going to survive sleeping in the same bed with this woman?

Mentally, he started repeating his new mantra. ‘It’s just Amanda, only a housewife, with two kids and a live-in mother. It’s just Amanda--’

The End