- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters from Scarecrow and Mrs. King, and make no money from this story.

Setting: Season Three. Somewhere around Over the Limit.
What Do You Want

Lee sat in a dark corner of the bar, scanning the room. He adjusted his earpiece as his eyes settled on the woman dressed in a tight black skirt and a low cut, red blouse. Her long fingers played with her necklace as she scanned the room. As the voice of her waiter came loud in his ear, her eyes paused briefly on him.

“Ma’am, the gentleman at the other end of the bar wanted me to give this to you.” He set a shot down in front of Amanda.

She turned toward the man in question. Lee craned his neck to see who had ordered her the drink. A tall man with wavy brown hair stood from his stool and slowly sauntered toward Amanda.

“Okay, this might be it.” She whispered into her mic, turning to greet the stranger.

“I hope you don’t mind me ordering you a drink. You looked awful lonely sitting here all by yourself.” The man swirled the liquor in his glass as his eyes took in every curve of her body.

“I was lonely, until you came along. Would you care to join me?” Amanda flashed a grin.

Luckily, Lee was positioned at a table to the side, where he could see everything that went on at the bar. He hated that Billy had given Amanda this assignment. Who knew what kind of man she could get herself mixed up with? She always seemed to find trouble. Lee scanned the pictures he held in his hand. Yep, it looked like Amanda had picked up the ringleader of the group, Sammy Simpson. Why did Francine have to come up sick? She was good at playing the happy hooker and getting guys to talk.

Lee pressed his hand to his ear to try to make out what the guy was saying to Amanda. “This stupid mic, can’t Leatherneck get anything to work right?”

“So, do you come here often?” Simpson laid his hand on Amanda’s shoulder. She leaned forward and ran her finger along the rim of her shot glass.

“Every once in a while. How ‘bout you?”

Lee finally noticed what kind of shot was sitting in front of his partner. He couldn’t believe this guy. What guy would order a woman a Blow Job at a bar? Lee couldn’t keep his eyes off of her red fingernail that was circling the rim of the glass. ‘Oh my gosh, what is she doing?’

Amanda lifted her finger up in front of her, whipped cream covering her bright red fingernail. Looking at her companion she placed the finger in her mouth, sucking off the cream.

Lee felt a throbbing in his pants as he watched his partner slowly pull her finger out of her mouth.

Lee shook his head, trying to concentrate on the words he was hearing from her microphone. “So, let me get this straight. I can’t use my hands with this shot, is that right?”

“Yes. Just take the whole thing in your mouth, then swallow it all down.”

“Okay, here goes.”

Lee watched as Amanda leaned forward and placed her red lips around the shot glass. In one swift motion she tightened her lips around the glass and threw her head back. He saw her swallow then tip her head forward, dropping the empty shot glass into her hand. She used the back of her hand to wipe a small bit of whipped cream off of her upper lip.

Lee felt a persistent tap on his shoulder. Looking over he saw that Fielder was now sitting beside him. “Just heard from Melrose. Stinger talked, we have all the evidence we need. We can bring Simpson in.”

“Good, go get the scum.”

Lee willed his erection to go down while he watched Fielder and Johnson arrest Simpson. This is ridiculous, thought Lee. She is just a simple housewife. Not my type. It was just the outfit and the drink. It had nothing to do with Amanda King. Lee looked up to see Amanda walking toward him. Yeah, right. Keep telling yourself that and maybe you’ll continue to believe it. The vision of her sucking the cream off of her long finger replayed itself in his mind.

“Hey there, can a girl buy you a drink?” Amanda slid into the chair next to Lee.

Lee stared at her, was she flirting with him? No, it must just be his imagination. ‘Go down, go down.’ He continued to tell himself.

Lee listened to the argument in his head.

‘Be careful Stetson, this is Amanda, not one of your girls. You can’t think about her like that. You just can’t.’

‘Why not, she’s a beautiful woman, she’s kind and compassionate.’

‘Yeah, with two kids and live in mother.’

‘With great legs.’

‘With a mortgage.’

‘With eyes you could get lost in.’

‘With, with. . . with.’

‘That’s what I thought, with what? You can’t think of any better reasons than that, can you?’

‘No, I can’t’

‘Then what are you waiting for? You know you want something more. Go for it.’

A soft hand on Lee’s arm brought him out of his thoughts. “Lee, what do you want?”

“What do I want?” Lee ran his hand through his hair. What do I want? I want her. Oh my gosh, I do. I want Amanda King. Housewife, mother, spy. I want her. Now what do I do, I want Amanda King. I know how to get other women, but Amanda? Amanda isn’t like any other woman. She’s . . . she’s special. I don’t know what to do. How do I let her know that I do care about her? I’ve told her so many times that we are only business associates, that there’s nothing between us. She’s my best friend. How do I let her know I want to be more than just friends?

“Lee, are you ok? Would you rather skip the drink?” Amanda waved the waitress away.

“Yeah. Let’s skip the drink. Let me take you back to the Agency.”

“Okay, Lee. Whatever you want.”

‘Whatever I want.’

Later, leaving the Agency

“I really hated that job.” Amanda reached into her purse fishing for her car keys.

“Yeah, me too.”

“I mean, you know I’ll do anything for my countr . . . You did too?” Amanda realized mid ramble what Lee had said.

“Um, yeah.”

“Oh.”

(Now back to your regularly scheduled season three)