- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: Scarecrow and Mrs. King and its characters belong to WB and Shoot the Moon Productions. No infringement is intended. This is written for entertainment purposes only. Please do not redistribute or reproduce this story without my permission
Amanda and Francine had been sitting in the bar for three hours. It was not the type of place either woman would willingly choose to spend their time, but they were not there willingly. The blond and brunette were on an assignment, waiting for information to be passed to them. Lee Stetson and Ephraim Beaman were there as backup. They were sitting at the bar, effectively playing the parts of womanizing drunks. Francine and Amanda were supposed to receive the information before the bar closed. It was approaching closing time when Francine decided to take things into her own hands.

“Come on, Amanda, maybe the guy doesn’t see us. We need to be more visible.” Francine grabbed Amanda by the arm and started to drag her on stage.

“Francine, what are you doing?”

“This is a Karaoke bar. In order to fit in, and make sure our contact knows we’re here, we are going to sing a song.” Francine said as she continued to drag Amanda onto the stage.

Francine quickly looked through the titles as Amanda scanned the room, catching Lee’s eye. Before Amanda could sneak away from Francine, a microphone was shoved in her hand. Francine pointed to the screen where the lyrics were starting to roll. “I’ll do the part in parenthesis and the shoop shoops, you do the rest.”

Does he love me, I wanna know
How can I tell if he loves me so

(is it in his eyes) Oh no, you'll be deceived
(is it in his eyes) Oh no, he'll make believe
If you wanna know if he loves you so
It's in his kiss (that's where it is, oh yeah)

(or is it in his face) Oh no, it's just his charm
(in his one embrace) Oh no, that's just his arm
If you wanna know if he loves you so
It's in his kiss (that's where it is)
Oh oh, it's in his kiss (that's where it is)

Lee and Beaman sat at the bar staring at the two singers on the stage. Lee couldn’t believe that Amanda let herself get dragged up there. Beaman was drooling over Francine.

Oh oh oh, kiss him and squeeze him tight
And find out what you wanna know
If it's love, if it really is
It's there in his kiss

Lee listened to the lyrics of the song and wondered what his first kiss would tell Amanda. Would she realize how much he loved her?

(how 'bout the way he acts) Oh no, that's not the way
And you're not listenin' to all I say
If you wanna know if he loves you so
It's in his kiss (that's where it is)
Oh yeah, it's in his kiss (that's where it is)

Amanda finally started to loosen up and have fun. She couldn’t decide if it was alcohol, or being so bored sitting with Francine that anything would be better.

Whoa oh oh, kiss him and squeeze him tight
And find out what you wanna know
If it's love, if it really is
It's there in his kiss

(how 'bout the way he acts) Oh no, that's not the way
And you're not listenin' to all I say
If you wanna know if he loves you so
It's in his kiss (that's where it is)
Oh yeah, it's in his kiss (that's where it is)
Oh oh, it's in his kiss (that's where it is)

When the song was over the ladies made their way back to their table where a tall blond man stopped Amanda.

“It is a loud night in here tonight.” The man said as he leaned closer to Amanda

”I prefer quiet walks in the park.” Amanda heard the recognition code and replied with the appropriate response.

“I especially enjoy the Jefferson Memorial this time of year.”

“Yes, that is nice, but I prefer the view at the reflecting pool,” Amanda stated. She was ready to get the information and go home. “I believe you have something for me?”

The man leaned closer to Amanda and whispered in her ear. “I think we are being watched.”

Before Amanda could protest the man crushed his lips to hers. Amanda felt his tongue force entry into her mouth before she could stop him. She felt herself respond to the kiss. Almost as soon as he had begun the kiss, he pulled back and walked away.

It was all Lee could do not to go after the man. Every jealous bone in his body wanted to beat the guy to a bloody pulp. Amanda could see the rage building in Lee’s eyes and wished that she could reassure him. If the man was right and they were being watched, she couldn’t risk making contact.

“Well, Amanda, you sure got the attention of that tall, blond hunk. That was quite a kiss!” Francine commented.

“Let’s get out of here, Francine, we have what we came for.” Amanda grabbed her purse and started for the door.

“What? How?” Whispered Francine, “I never saw him do anything but kiss you.”

“That was all he needed to do, Francine.”

Francine looked at her partner that evening as she reached for door. “Are you trying to tell me that ‘it’s in his kiss’?”

“That’s a very good way to put it, Francine.”

Hours later the debriefing was over. Amanda wondered if Lee was still at the Agency. Entering the closet elevator, she next made her way upstairs to the Q Bureau.

She recalled the kiss the tall blond gave her, slipping the microdot into her mouth. It had been a long time since she had been kissed like that. Granted, it was a kiss of necessity, not of passion. Amanda was lost in her thoughts of what it would be like if Lee were to kiss her like that. Not a cover kiss, but because he wanted to. In a daze she walked into the office that she shared with the man in question. Looking up, Amanda saw that Lee had indeed waited for her.

“Hi.” Lee said as he stopped his pacing and took a step toward Amanda.

Amanda saw so many emotions dance across Lee’s face as he moved even closer. A blush spread across her cheeks as she remembered the fantasy she had in the elevator. “Hi,” was all she could get out.

Lee took another step forward and was within inches of his partner. He reached his right arm up and gently placed his hand on her cheek. Lee smiled as Amanda barely leaned into his hand. This was all the invitation he needed. His right hand snaked its way across her cheek and into her hair as his left circled her waist and pulled her closer still. Amanda looked up and saw the desire in his eyes before he closed them and brushed his lips against hers. Pulling back slightly he moaned softly, then pressed his lips once more to hers.

Amanda snaked both hands up her partner’s chest and around his neck. She gasped when Lee drew her as close as he could to his body. He took advantage of her opened lips and gently entered her mouth. Amanda’s tongue joined Lee’s in the sensual dance she had dreamed of moments ago in the elevator. Neither wanted the kiss to end, but the increasing difficulty to remain standing necessitated the end of the kiss. Amanda drew back to gaze into Lee’s eyes. The love she saw looking back didn’t surprise her. The song was correct. ‘If you wanna know if he loves you so. It's in his kiss.’

The End

You can listen to The Shoop Shoop Song by Betty Everett at http://users.pandora.be/popcornoldies/ahtml/Betty_Everett_main.html