- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: “Scarecrow and Mrs. King” belong to Warner Brothers and Shoot The
Moon Productions.

.

Author’s Note: This scene was inspired by Robin’s “Heartstrings” where Lee
was held prisoner in Iraq and didn’t know if Amanda was still waiting for his
return…
Tonight, I missed you. Not that in the other nights I missed you less.
Tonight is special. I tried to close my eyes and suddenly, a cruel voice
whispered in my ears; don’t you think she forgot you?

Is this true, my love? Did you forget me? Did another man erase my memory
from your heart? Did you forget my lips on yours, my hands on your body and my
whispers in your ears? My eyes looking at you, surrounded by the moonlight, the
first strangled “I love you!” Did you forget that?

This question burned my heart, leaving just ashes in its path. I know I’m not
worthy to remember; that I made you suffer a lot in the past. Why would anyone
waste the time to remember me? I’m just another lost soul, trying to find his
place in the world!

You still remember me? I feel your lips tremble under mine the first time I
kissed you. That kiss is still forged on my lips; did you forget it? Has
another’s lips erased it from yours, like the ocean erases the solitary
footprint on the beach.

I feel your skin through my fingers, warm, smooth, and sweet under my caresses
and kisses. I still feel it after all this time. Do you remember my hands
caressing your body in the warm, summer nights? Do you still feel the tingling?
I do!

I still hear your heartfelt whispers, “I love you.” Did you forget my voice,
my love? Did you forget my words of love?

Oh, I miss your eyes looking at me with trust, pride, and love. I missed them
slowly closing when I leaned to kiss you. I missed them darkened with passion,
glazed with desire. Do you remember me watching you?

Do you remember my love, Amanda, our love? Or in life’s storm, have you lost
me; lost us? Have you lost us because I’m not there?

That voice is hammering my heart, my love! Not ‘if,’ but ‘when,’ I’ll be
home, will I still find ‘my Amanda’?

Just let your heart speak to mine. Don’t be afraid if you don’t need my life
anymore, but I’ll remain lost forever. I need you to live; without you, I’ll
only exist!

So, if you want me, just send a kiss with the wind, a whisper with a
butterfly, a heartbeat with a sunbeam, a look with a tear falling down on your
cheek, and I’ll climb any mountain, and cross any sea to be with you again…