- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: Scarecrow and Mrs. King and its characters belong to WB and Shoot the Moon Productions. No infringement is intended. This is written for entertainment purposes only. Please do not redistribute or reproduce this story without my permission.

Thanks: Tera, for allowing me the use of “Lee’s Three Nuts”; Jan, for helping me come up with locations to hide the condoms; Amy, who sent me the title to the song that Lee had put into the music box; and, lastly, many thanks to Rita and Miss Edna, who make my stories readable by catching all my grammar and other errors.
Operation: Sheath It


Thursday Afternoon

The tapping of her heels against the tile floor echoed in her ears. She could do it. There was no way around it. The nurse had been specific in her instructions when she’d given her the prescription for the antibiotics last week. Use an alternate method of birth control for the duration of the medicine and seven days thereafter.

A baby would be a blessing, but it was a decision they needed to make together. One that she knew would happen in the future. But for now, she needed to make a purchase. Ever since she found out her husband would be returning on Friday, she’d been in a quandary on how to break the news to him. Lee had been gone for almost two weeks on assignment. If she hadn’t been sick, she would’ve joined him. So they had both been deprived of the other’s company for too long.

Amanda stood in front of the condom display. He hated wearing condoms. And, in truth, she also preferred him bareback. An alternate method of birth control had to be used, and these were the best solution. She couldn’t believe the choices: Ribbed, Flavored, Glow in the Dark, Lubed, Studded. The few times they’d had to resort to their usage Lee had purchased them. The variety was endless.

Then she noticed the largest package. The Variety Sampler. A different pleasure for each encounter. The box held an assortment of eight condoms. Would they need that many? They only had to use them through Sunday. On Monday, she’d be free to make love with him naturally. Would eight be enough? They’d better be or she wouldn’t be able to walk for a week. With Lee being gone for so long, he’d be ready to make love as many times as he could get it up.

She pulled the box from the shelf. In no time, she had her purchase in hand and headed home. As she drove, an idea came to her. Her mother was out of town on a trip with her garden club until the middle of next week. The boys were on spring break with Joe at Disney World until next weekend. They’d have the house to themselves. And since Lee hated condoms, she’d make a game of it. If he wanted to make love to her, he’d have to find the condoms she’d hidden. Now where could she hide eight condoms?

Friday Morning

Amanda awoke to sunlight streaming through the bedroom curtains and yawned. She’d spent the better part of last night preparing for “Operation: Sheath It.” She giggled at the name she’d come up with for the search. A quick glance at the clock told her Lee should be home any time. He’d had to stop off at the Agency and give his report, but he’d told her it wouldn’t take much time and he’d be home as early as he could.

“I’m home.” Lee’s voice came from below.

Amanda sat up in bed, awaiting her husband. The door opened, and his tall frame filled the doorway.

“I thought you’d be jumping into my arms.” He tossed his suitcase to the floor and strode to the bed. “How are you feeling?” He leaned down to kiss her lips.

“I’m better.”

“Good. Because I’ve missed you.”

Lee had that look in his eyes. The one that devoured her body, inch by inch. She shivered at the thought of making love after two weeks. She wanted him as bad as he wanted her. His hands moved to the front of his pants, and she could see his erection tenting them. He was about to unzip when she reached out to him.

“Stop. There’s one problem.”

He sat down on the edge of the bed. “Amanda, you said you were better.” Panic filled his voice as he grasped her hand.

“No, sweetheart. Everything is fine.” She caressed his cheek. “What I meant to say is that because I was on antibiotics, they recommended that we use an alternate method of birth control for seven days after I finished the medication. The seven days won’t be up until Monday.”

He hugged her tight. “You scared me for a second,” he whispered in her ear. “I thought something was wrong.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to. But you do know what this means, don’t you?”

Lee pulled back from her. “What?” His eyebrows knitted together.

“We can’t make love.”

He let out a loud groan.

“Unless we use condoms,” Amanda added.

Lee buried his head in his hands. “I hate those things.”

“But you told me you used to always wear them.”

“With you, it’s different. I really don’t like using them when we make love. I guess I need to go to the store.”

“Nope. I already bought some. In fact, I thought we’d have a condom hunt.”

“A what?”

“Condom hunt. I’ve hidden condoms around the house. Your mission, Agent Scarecrow, if you choose to accept it, is to find the condoms. Wherever they’re hidden is where you can make love to me. Do you wish to accept your assignment in ‘Operation: Sheath It’?”

Lee stood. “One question. It’s been two weeks, please tell me where the first one is?” He placed his hands near his crotch, bringing her attention once again to his erection.

She licked her lips. “One is in this room. It’s up to you to find it.”

He raked his hand through his hair as his eyes scanned the room. “That could be anywhere!” He threw up his hands.

Amanda sat back against the headboard of the bed. “I suggest you start searching now.” She pushed the strap of her nightgown off her shoulder.

“Will you at least tell me if I’m hot or cold?”

“You’re hot, definitely hot.” She winked.

“I didn’t mean me.” Lee let out a frustrated groan and turned toward the dresser. He rummaged around the contents on top, then opened all the drawers.

Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to give him a few hints. And watching him bend over the drawers, wiggling his ass for her benefit, she knew she’d have to give him some hints. But first she’d tease him a little more.

“You’re not even warm.”

He crossed to the bedside table.

“Nope, still not warm. But, I do declare, I’m feeling a tad warm.” Fanning her face with her hand, she drew the sheet off her body and edged her nightgown up, exposing her legs to his view.

“Not fair,” Lee groaned. “This is getting harder by the minute, and I don’t mean the search.”

“I can see that.” She eyed his growing erection. “I guess you need to search faster.” She inched her nightgown higher so he could notice she wasn’t wearing any panties.

“Am-an-da,” he growled, taking a step toward her.

“Stop.” She held up her hand. “Not a step closer, Scarecrow, until you complete your mission.” She spread her legs a little wider, allowing him to see what his prize would be.

“Two can play this game.” He stripped off all his clothing; his erection jutted from a light thatch of hair, proudly ready to complete his mission. His hand wrapped around it, and he stroked it once, then twice. “You sure you don’t want to tell me where the condom is?”

Amanda gulped. Her eyes were riveted to his hand and cock. She pointed to the right side of the room. “Over there,” she squeaked out, feeling the temperature in the room rise. A lift of her hips, and she drew her nightgown over her head. It did nothing to cool her down.

Lee strode to the window and checked all around it, then looked behind the picture frames on the wall. “It’s not here.” He picked up the panda he’d given her several years ago from the chair and sat down, plopping the bear down hard on the floor.

“Look again.”

He scanned the area he’d just searched. “I don’t see it. I guess I’ll just have to settle for pleasuring myself.” He leaned back in the chair and grasped his cock.

“I said, look again.” Amanda stared at the panda and moved her hand to her neck, trying to give him the clue that would end his search. The sight of him stroking himself was driving her mad with desire. She wanted this first search over--and over soon. But she didn’t want to come right out and tell him where it was located. “Do you understand what I’m saying?”

It was as if a light bulb had gone on over his head. He stopped gliding his hand over his erection and picked up the panda. He turned it this way and that way until he noticed the collar around its neck. With a triumphant growl, he pulled the condom from under its hiding place.

It took only seconds for him to stand, rip the package open, and sheath his cock. Then he pounced on top of her. His lips found hers in an all-consuming kiss as his now encased erection nudged at her sex.

Amanda needed no foreplay. Watching him earlier had made her wet with desire. This would be fast and furious. They were both too on edge after weeks of separation. Plus, her little game had helped fan the fuel of the fire. When their lips parted, she stared deep into his passion-filled eyes. “Now!”

Lee grabbed her hips and pulled her up to him, thrusting deep into her core. She moaned at the sensation of him filling her. His lips locked on to hers again, and their tongues danced as he thrust in and out of her, in rhythm to their kiss. Her legs locked around his waist, and her heels dug into his ass, pushing him deeper. Her erect nipples scrapped his chest. Neither of them needed much to climax, and Amanda moaned into their kiss as her orgasm exploded. Within seconds, he arched his back and let out a loud groan as his own orgasm burst.

Afterward, they discarded the used condom and fell into a blissful sleep, sated for the time being.

Friday Afternoon

While Amanda talked to the boys, who’d called from Orlando, Lee cleared the table and stacked the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. He’d answered the phone and talked to them a few minutes, before handing it off to Amanda to catch up with her sons.

An hour ago, they’d been woken from their sleep by the rumbling of their stomachs. Now that their craving for food had been satisfied, another craving needed to be quenched, and he didn’t want to waste any time. The morning sex had been fulfilling, but much too quick, and now he felt the familiar stirrings in his crotch. He knew she’d hidden condoms in different places around the house. While she talked to her sons, he hoped to find one.

Looking into the den, he saw she was still talking on the phone and began his search in earnest. He opened all the cabinets and drawers. Nothing. Where would she hide one in the kitchen? And he knew she’d hidden one here. His gut instinct told him she’d been very creative in choosing her hiding spots. Under the collar of the panda had been ingenious. In fact, he’d given her that panda not long after they first met. He’d bought it for Alexi, but soon realized it was inappropriate for him. Upon seeing it, Amanda had said that he could buy her affections with it, so he’d left it on her doorstep one night.

He shook his head. Back to the condom search. Well, at least he only had to wear the damn things for a few days. But why in the hell did the timing have to coincide with them being apart for two weeks?

Now all he could think about was making love to her. At least they could have sex, even if it wasn’t flesh on flesh, so to speak. And sex was definitely on his mind. During the flight home, all he could think about was how he’d make love to her for the next three days. Then to find out sex had become a game of hide ‘n’ seek had frustrated him to no end. He knew once she saw him start to pleasure himself, she’d cave in and help him find the condom. But he didn’t think that method would work again.

Now he wanted to find the condom, without her making a teasing game of it. But where did she hide it? Whip cream! He opened the refrigerator and checked the contents. He thought for sure he’d find one under the can of whip cream. They’d had fun using it before, and he wouldn’t mind licking it off certain parts of her body this very moment. Nope. He closed the door. His cock twitched under the loose sweatpants he’d thrown on. ‘Down fella,’ he willed his body to respond. ‘We have a mission first.’

Wait! Chocolate syrup was another delicacy they’d used a couple of times. He opened the cabinet. Nope. Not there. He even checked the secret marshmallow stash. Nothing.

Lee rubbed his eyes. ‘Think, Stetson, think. If you want to make love to your wife again, you need to find a condom.’ The blood rushed to the lower part of his body, making him harden even further.

He stood with his back against the sink and crossed his arms. ‘If I were a condom, where would I be?’

As he contemplated possible locations, he noticed an envelope of something on the kitchen island. She must’ve forgotten to put it away. He picked it up, intending to put it in its proper place. Underneath he found the elusive condom. Gotcha!

He grabbed the condom and turned the package over in his hands. “Bohemian Fling” drink mix. Why in the hell had she bought this? They usually drank wine or champagne, not mixed drinks. Then it dawned on him--the case they’d been on when he’d gone undercover as a bartender at the charity auction and he’d coerced her into filling in for him while he went investigating. Afterward, she’d told him she’d gotten a lot of requests for this particular drink. This also had been the day the Porsche had met its final end. He no longer became attached to cars. Now he was attached to something warm and loving, not cold and hard. Speaking of hard, he palmed his erection through the material of his pants. Soon. Relief would be forthcoming.

Lee hid the condom where he could get to it quickly and placed the drink mix back where he’d found it. He didn’t want her to know he’d located it. Not yet, anyway. It was his turn to play some games. He knew exactly where he wanted to make love to his wife. He placed his hands on the kitchen island, tapping the countertop with his fingers, waiting for her to finish her phone conversation.

At long last, she strolled into the kitchen and sat on the stool next to the island. “The boys are having a great time. They’re going to Sea World tomorrow and having a blast, as Jamie said. So what’d you like to do this afternoon?”

Lee rubbed his chin. “I don’t know. I bet I can think of something.” Before she could protest, he grasped her hips and lifted her up onto the island. He parted her legs and stepped into the vee, pulling her to the edge so he could nuzzle her neck. “I’ve thought of something.”

“I feel you have.” She wrapped her legs around his waist.

“You haven’t felt anything yet.” His lips locked onto hers in a passionate kiss. Luckily, when Amanda had gotten out of bed earlier, she’d only thrown on her robe. Now he didn’t have much clothing hindering his goal. He rained kisses along her neck as he parted her robe and slipped it off her shoulders. His fingertips grazed over her breasts and skimmed over her nipples, which hardened at his touch.

He leaned over her, grinding his still clad lower body against her mound, taking a nipple between his lips and sucking, feeling her writhe under him. He planned to draw out her pleasure for as long as he could. To tease her until she screamed with passion and then stop, due to the fact there was no condom handy. His hand slid up her ankle and along the inside of her thigh, teasing her, then brushed over the hair of her mound and up her torso and back down again.

She spread her legs wider, in an open invitation, and pushed his head off her breast toward the area she wanted him to pleasure. Of course, he wasn’t one to not accept such an invite. He knelt on the floor, his face in perfect alignment with her crotch. He slid his finger into the glistening wet crevasse and was instantly overtaken with a desire to taste her. He leaned in to give her a single lap of his tongue.

“I’m feeling something now,” she moaned.

Lee inhaled her delicious scent as he lapped into her, as deep as he could manage. Then he concentrated on her swollen clit, alternating between teasing it with his tongue and sucking with his lips, while two fingers replaced his tongue, deep in her sex. He was relentless as he masterfully worked her into a frenzy. Her hands wove through his hair, pushing him deeper into her. He knew what she wanted, and his cock throbbed painfully. Her breathing quickened, and he knew she was on the verge as her inner muscles contracted around his fingers slightly. It wouldn’t take much to push her over the edge.

“I want you inside me.” She pulled his head up, her eyes dark with passion.

“But I don’t have a condom.” He smiled at the knowledge that he’d completed his mission to drive her into a frenzy of sexual desire.

“There.” She pointed. “It’s there.”

“Where?”

“Under the drink mix,” she groaned.

“What drink mix? I don’t see a drink mix.”

Amanda scooted to the right a little and grabbed the package. “It’s not here!” A hysterical shriek came from his wife. “Where’d it go? Where is it?”

“We can always take our pleasure in other ways.” Lee wagged his tongue at her.

“It’s not the same,” she wailed. “I love what you do to me, but having you inside me is so much better. It has to be here. Let me up. I’ll find it.”

Lee took the condom from its hiding place. His cock ached to thrust deep into her wet core. He didn’t have the heart to play the game any longer. “Stay. I found it earlier.” He held up the package. “I wanted you to get a little taste of what you gave me this morning.” He winked.

“What are you waiting for, Stetson? Get that thing on!”

He dropped his pants. Before he could open the package, Amanda grabbed it.

“Let me!” She tore it open and encased his penis.

Lee pulled her to the edge of the counter; her legs wrapped around his waist, and her hands wrapped around his neck. He pushed forward, feeling her hot, slick center surround him. She gasped as he thrust into her, filling her completely. He slowly slid back out of her and in again, with a gently building rhythm.

He felt a warm sensation build around his cock, sheathed inside the condom. “Do you feel that?”

“What?” She groaned as he pulled all the way out.

“A warm sensation?” He pushed back into her deeply.

“Yeah, I, ummm . . . oh, that feels so good . . . the package said ‘assorted pack.’ This must be a warming one.” She leaned back on her elbows to watch him make love to her.

Lee picked up his rhythm, hearing her breaths grow shorter and heavier with each thrust. He looked down and watched his cock slide in and out of her core. That was the most beautiful thing in the world to him, to watch how they fit so perfectly together.

He felt her body clenching around him with the oncoming of her orgasm. His hand moved to her clit. He knew it wouldn’t take much pressure to push her over the edge. An edge that he was about to fall over himself. He rubbed her clit hard--once, twice, and, on the third time, her body convulsed as her orgasm burst. Her cries of ecstasy were music to his ears, and he stiffened his back as his own orgasm exploded in one final hard thrust.

He leaned his forehead against hers. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.” She kissed him softly.

He slipped out of her and discarded the used condom. Gently, he picked her up off the counter and carried her up the stairs to their bedroom.

Friday Evening

Amanda instantly came awake when she rolled over and, instead of finding a warm body in bed next to her, felt nothing. A glance at the clock told her it was eleven-thirty in the evening. She couldn’t believe she’d been asleep, since she’d already taken two naps that day. Napping was not a part of her normal routine. After the vigorous activities of the morning and afternoon though, she’d dozed off. Now she was wide-awake, sleep the furthest thing from her mind. And by the absence of her husband from their bed, it seemed he had the same problem.

She had a hunch she’d find him downstairs in the den, watching TV. She hoped it wasn’t one of those campy horror shows again. Lee loved those, for some odd reason. No, he didn’t love the movies; he loved watching Elvira, that movie hostess with the huge boobs, strut around in a low-cut, slinky black dress.

Sure enough, when she entered the kitchen, she saw the glow of the television illuminating the den. Lee sat in the recliner, watching commercials. Then the screen filled with the image of Elvira as she did her usual spiel before the movie resumed. Amanda glided her hand over the edge of the kitchen island, and an idea formed. She’d get even for the torture he’d inflicted on her earlier that afternoon. She tiptoed out of the room and back up the stairs. A quick change and she headed back downstairs in a slinky, low-cut, short black negligee, her robe covering her.

“Couldn’t sleep?” she asked, snuggling in next to him. When he’d wanted to purchase this particular chair for the den, at first she’d thought it’d be a waste of money. Not now. The first day after it’d been delivered, he’d pulled her into it with him and they’d watched TV, snuggled together. Of course, Phillip and Jamie hated when they did that on movie night. When they caught them kissing, one or the other would make some comment about getting a room.

He kissed her lightly on the lips. “Yeah. I didn’t want to wake you, so I came down here.”

“You didn’t. We probably shouldn’t have taken that nap this afternoon.”

“You’re right. Now we’re both wide awake.”

“Is the movie any good?”

“So, so.” He waved his hand back and forth.

She watched for a little while and soon became bored. Now would be the time to put her little torture revenge plan into action. “You know this movie isn’t very interesting.”

“You can change the channel if you’d like to watch something else.”

Amanda slid out of the chair, pushing the handle on the side, causing it to move back into its upright position. She knelt before him, her hands on his knees and spread them. “I’d rather watch you.”

She shouldered out of her robe, then leaned up and unbuttoned his pajama top. Kissing his chest, nipples, and stomach as her mouth traveled to the edge of his pajama bottoms, she palmed his penis through the material and felt it harden under her touch.

“Lift up,” she told him, as her hands grasped the material.

Lee groaned acceptance and lifted his derriere, allowing her to pull his pajamas from his body. His cock, large and half-erect, sprang forth. She began kissing and stroking his shaft, feeling it come alive in her hands and under her lips. He moaned as she ran her tongue up and down the length, wetting his skin, then placed the tip into her mouth, swirling her tongue over the head. Her fingers caressed his balls, kneading them, feeling them grow heavy with desire.

Alternately, she sucked and used her hand on his shaft. She looked up at him; his eyes were hooded as he watched her go down on him. His hands threaded through her hair as he followed the movement of her head. Amanda knew exactly how much sucking pressure to apply to bring him almost to the brink. When she felt his cock jerk in her mouth, she knew he was there. He pulled her off him.

“Get up here and ride me.”

Amanda sat back on her legs. “I can’t.” She held up her hands in surrender.

Lee’s eyes popped open wide. “What do you mean you can’t?”

“No condom.”

“Damn it. Where the hell is it?”

“I’m sorry, sweetheart. I forgot where I put it in this room.” She really knew exactly where it was hidden, but she wasn’t going to tell her husband.

Lee rose from the chair and switched on all the lights. He turned around, surveying the room. “There are too many places to look. Tons of books, nooks, and crannies.”

“I guess you better get started.” She ran her tongue over her lips.

He raced around the room, opening books and looking under the tables and furniture. “It’s hopeless.” He ran his hand through his hair. “You could help, since you don’t remember where you put it.”

“I have faith you can find it.”

He stood next to the knickknack shelf, mumbling about where he should look next.

Amanda let out a long breath. The condom was taped to the football, prominently displayed on one of the shelves. The one he’d given her and signed “Sandy Newcomb” as a memento of one of their cases. She remembered this particular case fondly because it was the first time Lee had kissed her. Even though it’d been for the sake of their covers. She’d been shocked when he grabbed her by the back of the head and kissed her soundly. But she was glad they hadn’t taken their relationship to a personal level back then. She could admit it to herself now. Back then she was in lust with Lee. They both had needed time to get to know each other and grow into their feelings. Now their love was even more special.

Lee picked up the football and tossed it up in the air several times. Amanda kept her eye on the ball. Okay, she wasn’t actually looking at the ball, but at his lower anatomy--at two balls.

“Pay dirt!” he yelled, as he peeled the condom off the football. Seconds later, he sheathed himself and plopped down into the recliner.

Amanda raised her arms to pull off her negligee.

“Leave it on.”

She straddled his lap and kissed him. Taking his cock in hand, she guided him into her, loving the feeling of him filling her. As she began to rock up and down, Lee placed his hands on her hips and guided her to a faster rhythm. Their tongues mimicked their lower bodies’ movements. Just as she felt the onset of her orgasm, she reached for the lever that moved the chair and pushed it. When it reclined, his cock plunged into her so deep she flung her head back and screamed in passion as her body convulsed around him.

The walls of her vagina tightened around his penis, squeezing until his moans were added to hers.

Later, they cuddled in the chair and watched an old Alfred Hitchcock movie, starring Sean Connery and Tippi Hedren.

Saturday Afternoon

Lee rubbed his face. Ouch. He’d better shave or Amanda wouldn’t let him near her with his scraggly beard. She didn’t mind him growing a beard; he’d had to a couple of times when they’d gone undercover. But the first few days, the hairs were so coarse that she complained of whisker burn and avoided kissing him.

“I’m going to go shave and shower.” Lee brushed his whiskers against the back of her neck.

Amanda dropped the dishcloth in the sudsy water and turned in his arms. “You better if you want to come near me today. I’ll be up as soon as I’m done here. I could use a shower, too.” She cupped his balls in her hands.

“I thought you’d be sore from yesterday. We acted like a couple of teenagers with raging hormones.”

She wrapped her hands around the back of his neck. “I can still walk.” She winked. “I’m not sore, just pleasantly achy, having been loved totally by my husband three times. Who, by the way, is amazing because he might not be a teenager anymore, but he can still get it up.” She slipped her hand between them to caress his penis. “Whenever the mood strikes. Besides, we’ve been good so far today, haven’t made love once.”

“Yet.” He kissed her lightly on the lips to keep from scratching her face. “Join me soon.”

Lee bounded up the staircase. Just the touch of her hand on his lower body awoke his desires. He stripped off his pajamas and tossed them into the hamper. They’d slept away the morning, and, instead of cleaning up upon awakening, they’d made a brunch to quiet the rumbling of their stomachs.

Now something else rumbled, or more accurately, had sprung to life. Lee plugged in his razor and made fast work of his beard. As he put the razor away, the cord accidentally knocked over the bottles of lotions and perfumes Amanda kept on a small vanity tray.

He picked up each bottle, making sure it wasn’t broken or cracked. The last one was a little atomizer. He remembered using it when they’d been on a case. She’d been mad that he’d emptied it. Then, to top it off, Francine had told Amanda to make him replace it with a more expensive French perfume.

Grinning at his reflection in the mirror, he recalled the time Amanda had recounted her experience when she returned home with the package. Everyone was present, and she was forced to open it in front of them. When she told them the name of the perfume, Phillip tried repeating it, saying “Lee’s troys nut.” Jamie stepped in and said trois meant three. Then the perfume became “Lee’s three nuts.” Even though it was actually called “Les Trois Nuits.” From then on, Amanda had referred to it as “Lee’s three nuts.” Of course, only in private.

He palmed himself. Nope, only two nuts here. He hoped Amanda hurried up; his erect cock had plans for her. ‘Damn it! I have to find a damn condom first.’ Had she put one in here? They’d had a lot of erotic adventures in the bathroom, and, without a doubt, she’d hide one here.

Lee didn’t have far to look. As he returned the atomizer to its proper place, he noticed the condom taped to the bottom of it. He tucked it between two towels. They wouldn’t be able to use it in the tub or shower, and he wanted it in easy reach.

He turned the shower on, and, once the water was set to the right temperature, he stepped into the tub and began to wash. Amanda still hadn’t joined him. What was keeping her? After rinsing his hair, he got out of the tub, grabbed a towel, and dried off. Unfortunately, his penis had deflated. It wouldn’t take much to get it back up though. His balls already tingled. He wrapped a towel around his waist and started to dry his hair with another one. Then he felt a rush of air as the towel around his waist fell to the floor, and a warm moist tongue licked his flaccid cock.

“Sorry.”

“What took you so long? You see what happened during your absence?”

She’d already stripped, and her luscious ass wiggled as she licked him. “The phone wouldn’t stop ringing,” she said between licks. “First, it was a telemarketer, then one of Phillip’s friends, wanting to know when he would be home, and then a wrong number.”

“Just keep up what you’re doing. It won’t me long to get back into action.” He felt his balls tighten and his cock spring back to life. Lee stood with his legs spread and watched as she caressed, licked, and sucked. The woman had amazing lips.

Amanda looked up at him. “Did you find the condom?”

He picked up the condom. “Right here.”

“Give it to me.”

He handed it to her. She opened the package and placed the rubber on the tip of his cock. Then she curved her hand around the tip. When she rolled the condom down his length with her lips and hands, he almost lost his balance. Just the sight of that almost made him come. How the hell did she know to do that? He’d have to remember to ask her. Later. Much later.

Being this close to the edge, Lee picked her up and set her down on the bathroom counter. She leaned back against the glass and spread her legs wide. He settled himself between them as his lips nuzzled her neck, before kissing her in fiery passion.

He slowly entered her, filling her completely. When their kiss broke, she looked at him, her eyes dark with longing. Her legs hooked around his waist, and he knew she wanted him to pick up the pace.

His thrusts became faster and faster, and she moved her head back and forth, moaning. Her fingers danced over her clit as she manipulated herself. Watching her made him plunge harder and deeper. Her clit swelled, trembling as her inner muscles clenched around him. Her eyes dilated, and she shuddered hard as her orgasm burst, and he followed suit.

Because Amanda hadn’t taken a shower, Lee thought it was the gentlemanly thing to take another one with her.

Saturday Evening

Amanda lit the candles. Perfect. She hadn’t originally planned a formal dinner in the dining room, but after the afternoon escapades in the shower, she thought it would be a nice gesture. After all, Lee didn’t have to take another shower. And what a time they’d had. She felt her juices flow as she remembered. Even though they couldn’t make love, since they didn’t have another condom. Besides, she wasn’t sure if they were durable in water. So they’d spent a leisurely time orally pleasuring each other. She’d lost count of the number of orgasms she’d attained. Plus, she’d hidden another condom in this room, and she needed an excuse for them to be in here.

The steaks were ready, the potatoes done to perfection. She tossed the salad and uncorked the wine. Of course, she planned to be dessert.

Lee entered the dining room. “Something smells good.”

“Perfect timing.” She poured the wine. “I was just getting ready to call you to dinner.”

“I’m ravenous.” He rubbed his belly. “I worked up an appetite from earlier.”

As they ate, they discussed their plans for the future, work, and vacation. Amanda waited patiently for the dinner to be over. Once he took the last bite, she put her plan into action. Lee helped her clear the table. “Go back into the dining room. I’ll be right back with dessert. I have a special surprise for you.”

Lee’s eyes widened. “The only dessert I want is you.” He kissed her hotly.

“Dessert will be ‘on’ both of us.” She ran her finger down his shirt, which was unbuttoned, feeling the smoothness of his skin. “Now you go find the condom, while I prepare.”

Amanda scrapped the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. Then she readied herself by shedding her clothing and getting the ingredient that she’d set aside for dessert.

Just as she was about to ask him if he’d found it, she heard a whoop of delight come from the dining room. She picked up her supplies and stood in the doorway. His back was to her as he stood in front of the china cabinet. He’d already taken off his clothes, and his dimpled butt beckoned her.

The music box was open, and the soft tinkling of “If I Only Had A Brain” filled the air. She laughed silently to herself. It took a while, but the Scarecrow finally found his brain. It was the music box. The one he’d given her the first day they’d met at the train station. The one she was supposed to give to the man in the red hat, but hadn’t because there were twenty-five men in red hats on the train. When she’d gotten home, she’d discovered it was broken. Years later, as a surprise, Lee secretly had it fixed and the new music installed. He’d explained that he had a lot of song choices to pick from, but that this one seemed to fit him to a tee, that, yes indeed, the Scarecrow had a brain. The music box held the next condom.

“I think I’d like dessert.” She shook the can of whip cream in her hand. “On you.”

Lee turned around, his penis flaccid at the moment. As she sat down, she motioned for him to sit on the top of the dining room table. She’d have him up in no time.

“As long as I get to return the pleasure.” He leaned back on his elbows.

“You will. Eventually.”

She popped the cap off the whip cream and sprayed a dollop on his nipples, then drew a line down his chest to his belly button, and then sprayed a generous amount around his cock. She squirted some in her mouth, then leaned up and kissed him. His tongue swept through her mouth as he gobbled the cream.

Then she licked off all the cream, taking a long time to clean his nipples, nipping and licking them. As she made her way down to his crotch, she found he’d become semi-erect. Gently, she kneaded his balls and slowly licked his penis, leaving the tip for last. When she got to the head, she looked up at her husband. He stared at her with lust-filled eyes. Slowly, she opened her mouth and began to finish the job. By the time she’d had her fill, he was rock hard.

“Your turn,” he gasped, as he slid off the table.

They switched positions, and now Amanda looked down at her husband as he shook the can of whip cream. He lavished her breasts and mound with the cream. She quivered at the cool sensation. Lee didn’t waste any time eating his dessert. He nipped and licked her nipples, sending fire down her spine.

Then he placed her legs over his shoulders and smacked his mouth. “Yummy.” His tongue flicked out, and he began to lick the cream off her, softly spreading her folds, teasing around her clit. He teased her unmercifully.

“Please,” she whimpered.

He stopped and gazed up at her. “I was just enjoying my dessert.”

“You’ve enjoyed enough. You’re driving me insane.”

“Touché.” He spread her folds and smoothed his fingertip over her clit, before delving into her sex. His lips latched onto her clit, and he gently sucked. Amanda grabbed his head with both hands and ground herself against his mouth. Just as she was about to go over the edge, he stopped.

Before she had a chance to utter a word, he flipped her on her belly.

Rip.

She heard Lee open the condom package. When she looked back, her eyes were riveted on his cock. As he sheathed himself, she noticed the condom was studded. How would it feel? Her question was answered when his hands grasped her hips and the tip of his cock probed her entrance.

Amanda pushed back as hard as she could, while holding on to the edges of the table. When he slid into her wetness, a deep gasp escaped her as she felt the studs of the condom. He leaned over her back and kissed her neck. His hands ran smoothly over her back, until they cupped the cheeks of her ass. He began to slowly thrust in and out. One of the studs glided over her g-spot; every nerve in her body was on fire.

She wiggled her ass at him, knowing that he knew to increase his thrusting. He smacked her ass and began to thrust faster. She felt the slight sting of the slap and ground her clit on the edge of the table. There was something about light spanking she found erotic. The slight pain/pleasure sensation drove her further to the edge. The stud on the condom hit her g-spot harder and harder, and she felt her climax erupt as she shuddered and yelled, “Oh My Gosh!”

Moments later, Lee stiffened behind her, and, in a final hard thrust, he let out a long groan as he, too, reached orgasm.

Not long after, Amanda found herself yawning, and Lee guided her up the stairs to their bedroom, where she closed her eyes and drifted into a peaceful slumber.

Sunday Morning

Lee carried the laundry basket down the hallway; he’d just finished stripping the sheets from Phillip and Jamie’s beds. Yesterday Amanda had washed all his clothing, and today she wanted to strip all the beds, wash the sheets, and the rest of her clothing. As he made his way toward the stairs, he noticed the picture of Amanda and him that Emily had drawn in Germany. He stopped and stared at it. After they’d been publicly married, he’d had it framed and she’d hung it here. As a wedding present, Emily had also drawn a portrait of him, Amanda, Phillip, Jamie, and Dotty that hung in the living room.

Upon their return from Germany, Amanda had given the drawing of them to him, since she had no place to keep it at home. He’d rolled the picture up, put it in a tube, and kept it in his closet. For some reason, he wanted it close to him. He’d still been fighting his growing feelings for his partner, but every once in a while, he’d take it out and simply gaze at it for what seemed like hours on end.

He never had been able to figure out the clues in it, even after studying it with a magnifying glass. He’d even tried to bribe Emily into telling him the letters she’d hidden in the drawing. But she’d just laughed at him and told him to keep looking. Amanda claimed she knew, but refused to tell him. Now he stared at it again, looking for letters hidden in the background. So far, he’d found a ‘c,’ an ‘a,’ and a ‘s.’ One of these days, he’d find the rest and figure it out.

Finally, it dawned on him. Not the hidden message. He plopped the laundry basket onto the floor and smacked his forehead with his palm. All the places he’d found a condom had something to do with a case they’d worked on together. The panda bear, the music box, the football, the perfume. All things that connected the two of them together, that held memories of their past.

Just maybe she’d hidden one behind the picture. He took it off the wall. Lo and behold, a condom was taped to the back. He tore it off and replaced the picture.

The little minx. She wanted to make love in the hallway. Well, he was up for the mission, in more ways than one. They’d made love several times before at various functions when they could sneak away in closets, but coats and other things hindered their movements. The thought of taking her standing against the wall, and not in a closet, held a certain appeal.

They’d made love five times in the last two days, and here he was ready to go again. Glancing down at his tented shorts, he was amazed. He hoped she would be ready, too. What was he thinking? He knew his wife. She was always ready. Maybe it had something to do with his stupid secret marriage idea. There had been weeks when they couldn’t touch each other, due to either work or things going on with the boys. They were making up for lost time.

“Lee! What’s taking so long?” Amanda yelled up the staircase.

“Amanda, could you come up here, please? I have something to show you.”

“All right.”

Lee leaned back against the wall, crossed his arms, and held the condom in his hand.

“What did you want to show me?”

“This.” He wiggled the package back and forth.

“Oh!” Her eyes raked his body, stopping at his crotch.

He felt himself grow harder under her gaze. “Strip,” he commanded.

Her eyes glowed with fire as she did as he instructed. His clothes joined hers, thrown haphazardly to the floor. The condom, securely in place, encased his throbbing cock. Warm breath tickled his ear, and her lips nuzzled his neck. With his back against the wall, he kissed her passionately, his hands caressing every inch of skin reachable. His finger brushed through the curls of her mound and slid into her sex. She was hot, wet, and ready.

With lightning speed, he spun them around and pinned her against the wall, his hardness wedged against her sex. He hooked her leg under one arm, and Amanda guided his swollen cock to her entrance. Lee moaned as he slid into her. She leaned her head back against the wall, arching her back to allow him to suckle her nipples.

His thrusts became frantic. He pulled entirely out of her, then plunged back in, hard and deep. Her hands laced behind his neck as she pushed herself off the wall to meet him, pushing him deeper. Lee looked deep into her eyes as they dilated with passion. Her breathing quickened, and he watched her climax. He kept thrusting while her sex spasmed around him, pulling him into the abyss.

Tenderly, he let her leg down and helped her keep her balance with his hands around her waist. Lightly, he kissed her eyelids, nose, then lips. “Wow!” Was all he could manage to say. They collapsed to the floor; Lee cradled Amanda in his arms, until they worked up the energy to finish the laundry.

Sunday Afternoon

Amanda wore one of Lee’s old dress shirts. The tail covered her rear, but her legs were totally exposed. She’d chosen this shirt specifically for that purpose. They’d been rearranging some boxes in the attic and checking on the camping equipment. Phillip and Jamie had a campout with the Junior Trailblazers the weekend after they returned from Orlando. She wanted to make sure they didn’t need new sleeping bags and other things. After working for a while, she “accidentally” spilled iced tea on herself, necessitating the change in clothing. What she really wanted to do was drive Lee insane with sexual desire, making him search for the condom she’d hidden in the attic.

When she’d hidden them, she’d wanted to be creative in her choice of locations. So she’d placed one in each room where they’d had an amazingly erotic encounter at one time, or in a place where she wanted to make love, but they hadn’t gotten around to yet. Like in the hallway and the recliner in the den. Plus, she knew she’d be coming up to the attic this weekend, and it seemed like a perfect spot.

Thankfully, it was spring and the heat wasn’t unbearable. A nice breeze blew through the attic window Lee had opened to clear the stuffiness out of the room. She stood in the doorway and allowed her gaze to roam over her husband’s body. His arms were stretched over his head as he shoved a box high on the shelf, allowing her to admire his taut abs.

“I’m back.”

“I found the lanterns.” He heaved the box back in place. “I put them over by the tent.” He turned and pointed. His eyes grew huge as he took in her attire. “What are you wearing?

“Oh, this old thing?” She fingered the linen material. “It was the first thing I saw in the old clothes pile, and I decided it would do.”

“Looks better on you than me.” Lee grinned.

“We still need to find the sleeping bags and canteens. I know we put them up here after the last campout.” Amanda climbed the small stepladder to reach another shelf. As she lifted her arms to get a grip on the box, she felt the material of the shirt ride up. It wouldn’t take long for Lee to notice she wore nothing underneath. The light breeze billowed the tail of her shirt, exposing her bare buttocks.

An audible gulp pierced the silence. Bingo. She’d gotten his attention.

“You don’t play fair.”

“What?”

“You’re naked under there.” In two long strides, he was beside her. His hand caressed the length of her leg.

She stepped off the ladder, plopped the box on the floor, and placed her hands on her hips, knowing that the shirt would ride up and give him another glimpse. “And you don’t play fair either. You were the one who took off his shirt earlier, saying it was too warm up here.” She ran her hand down his chest and stomach to the waistband of his shorts. “And I don’t think you have on anything under here either.” She pulled the waistband forward and looked. Sure enough, he was commando. As she gazed, his cock jerked and became semi-aroused.

“We need to finish what we started first.” She let the waistband snap back into place. “You check this box for the canteens. I think the sleeping bags are in one of the trunks.”

“All work and no play makes for a very frustrated husband,” Lee grumbled.

“You’ve had your share of play the last two days.”

“Never enough play.” Lee winked as he opened the box.

“You’re hopeless.” Amanda looked in two trunks, and, in the third, she found the sleeping bags and took them to the pile by the door. They’d need to be aired out later, along with the tent.

“Look what I found.” Lee held up the script to “Parisian Intrigue.”

The play held fond memories for both of them. The day after the performance they finally shared their first “real” kiss.

Lee opened the script and began reading. “You are the soul of decadence.”

“Better than to be soulless.” She was amazed she remembered the line.

“You see through me, to that hollow place inside.”

“Your opacity is transparent.”

“I still don’t know what the hell that line means.” Lee scratched his chin and read on. “Perhaps that’s why I drink. Another. Maybe this one will make me forget.”

Amanda rested her hands lightly on his shoulders. “Wine makes you forget, yes?”

“I’ve got something else in mind. No hangovers either.”

“That isn’t your line.”

“Who cares?” Lee tossed the script to the floor and grabbed her around the waist. “And this time Francine won’t be barging in to interrupt us.”

His lips met hers. He walked her backward, their lips never parting, until a trunk against the back of her legs halted their progress.

“Time for play.” He tore his old shirt open and buttons flew, leaving her naked.

Amanda used one arm to cover her breast and her other hand to cover her mound. “We can’t.”

“Yes, we can.” He dangled the condom in his hand. “It fell out of the script when I picked it up.”

Immediately, she uncovered herself and sat down on the trunk, her legs splayed to give him an optimum view. “What’s the hold up then?”

He pulled down his shorts and stepped out of them, his cock semi-erect. He needed to be fully erect before putting the condom on. She lay back on the trunk as Lee leaned over her--his penis directly in line with her mouth, her mound directly in line with his. When he parted her folds and licked, she gasped and grabbed the base of his cock. She flicked her tongue out and licked the tip, before taking him into her mouth. His cock and balls grew firmer and heavier with each pass of her hand and tongue. She moaned as his tongue invaded her sex.

Lee stood, tore open the condom, and slipped it over his cock. He pulled a blanket from a shelf and laid it on the floor, then knelt on it. “Join me.” He held his hand out to her.

“Where?” Amanda took his hand in hers and let him guide her.

“Kneel here.” He maneuvered her into position.

“Okay.” She knelt, wiggling her butt in invitation. Now she knew the reason for the blanket. He didn’t want her to hurt her elbows or knees as he took her from behind. When he positioned himself in back of her, she turned her head and watched as he took his cock in hand. Feeling the tip nudge the entrance to her sex, she pushed back against him, and he easily slid in.

He grabbed her waist and thrust forward, burying his cock to the hilt. Each stroke sent waves of pleasure coursing through her. While one hand rested on her hip, the other reached under her and cupped her breast. His fingers rolled the nipple between them. Loud moans escaped her as his hand slid lower and he rolled her clit between his fingers.

Amanda gasped as Lee moved back onto his legs, pulling her up with him so that now she sat on him backward with her knees on the floor. She used them for leverage as she pumped up and down his cock.

She leaned back against his chest. His hand feathered across her breasts, tweaking each nipple in turn, while the other hand teased her swollen clit and his lips assaulted her neck. She moved her hand over his, increasing the pressure on her clit, then scissored her fingers and glided his cock between them, feeling their juices mingle.

Her climax came fast and hard, and she shuddered in his arms. Lee surged upward once more and ground his hips into her as his climax peaked.

They sank back to the floor in a haze of passion-sated bliss.

Sunday Evening

Thunder cracked, and lightning illuminated the room. Lee clicked off the TV. Even though the weather report had stated that the storm wouldn’t be bad, they could still lose power. He went into the kitchen to check the batteries in the flashlight and the candle supply. He smiled as he saw a brand new package of batteries in the drawer, alongside the light. Leave it to Amanda to be prepared for any emergency.

“Has the weather report already been on?” Amanda asked, as she entered the kitchen.

“Yeah. Dan said there was a thirty-five percent chance of rain.”

“You mean Dean.”

“Dan, Don, Dean. Whatever the hell his name is.” Lee remembered his name, but he liked to tease Amanda. One of these days, he should go over to the TV station and thank him. If he hadn’t been afraid to leave his car out in the rain at the train station, Lee would’ve never met the woman of his dreams.

Amanda placed her hands on her hips and laughed. “What am I going to do with you?”

He grabbed her by the arms and hugged her tight. “Keep me. I hope.”

“Well, we’ll see about that.” She winked.

“What do I need to do to make sure that happens?”

Thunder boomed again. “Help me take the laundry down before it rains.”

“I forgot you had clothes hung up outside.”

“You just better hope another appliance hasn’t made a suicide pact with the dryer. I even jiggled the blue wire.” She handed him a laundry basket.

He laughed as they headed outside. Jiggling the blue wire was Amanda’s solution to fixing all things. It worked for the dishwasher. Hell, it’d even worked in disarming a nuclear bomb. But alas, the dryer had other ideas. They’d spent at least an hour trying to fix the damn thing, with no luck. The blue wire jiggle did not work in this case.

Lee went to one end of the line, Amanda to the other. They’d meet in the middle. He dropped the clothes and pins into the basket haphazardly.

“It’s not raining yet, and unless you want to do the ironing, fold the clothes when you take them down.”

“Aye, aye. Captain.” He stood ramrod straight and saluted her.

In response, Amanda raised her eyebrows and turned to finish her task.

Lee knelt and straightened out what he’d already thrown into the basket. When he looked at the next item of clothing to take down, he couldn’t help but smile. The pink “Hot Mama” T-shirt waved in the breeze before him. The night he’d first seen it he’d been searching for a missing microdot and had been in a less than stellar mood. He couldn’t believe anyone would actually wear something like that. Amanda had gone on to tell him that the boys had bought it for her and she most certainly wore it. She’d been so mad at him over that assignment she’d actually sent in her resignation. Thank God he’d intercepted it. In fact, at the end of that case, he’d called her “partner” for the very first time.

Now, he’d seen her wear it on more than one occasion, and he had to admit she was one Hot Mama! Maybe it had something to do with the fact that when she wore it for him, she wore nothing else.

He unpinned the T-shirt and folded it. He was about to place it in the basket when lightning lit the sky, and he saw the reflective package of a condom nestled on top of the clothes.

“Wanna get it on, ‘Hot Mama’?” Lee held the T-shirt and condom out to her.

The shorts she’d been holding drifted to the laundry basket. “Oh my gosh! I don’t know how that got there. Honestly. I’d planned on hiding it in the laundry room, but it must’ve fallen into the wet clothes earlier and gotten hung up somehow.”

Two long strides and Lee stood next to her. “You wanted a little action on the washer and dryer, I presume.”

Amanda blushed. “Guilty.”

“Too late for that now, but we can take advantage right here.”

“Lee, we’re outside. And it’s going to storm.”

Looking up into the darkened sky, he felt a raindrop hit his cheek. Thunder roared in the distance. He placed the T-shirt in her hands. “I’ll meet you in the gazebo.” He picked up the two laundry baskets and brought them inside.

He made his way to the gazebo. The night wasn’t completely pitch black, and he was able to see Amanda standing in the middle. He stood watching her as she undressed. When she slid her panties down her long legs, his cock jerked. And when she slid the hot-pink T-shirt over her body, his blood coursed through him like molten lava.

He wanted her now. He tore his clothing off and put the condom on. Her back was to him, and he wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled her neck with his lips.

Her hand snaked behind her, and she caressed his penis. “I can feel you’re ready.”

Lee slid a finger deep into her sex. “I feel you’re ready, too.”

“What are we waiting for?” she moaned.

“Nothing.” He turned her in his arms and kissed her passionately. When they parted, he sat down on the bench and was going to have her mount him when he heard her giggling.

“What’s so funny?”

“Look down.” She pointed to his crotch.

“What the hell!” His cock was encased in a glowing hot-pink condom.

“I think it’s cute.” She straddled him. “And we match.” She lowered herself onto him, the hot-pink disappearing into her sex.

Her lips found his, and their tongues danced to the same beat she used to ride him. Thunder again boomed, and lightning flashed. Their lips parted as he heard raindrops hit the roof of the gazebo. He pulled the “Hot Mama” shirt off her body and tweaked her nipples with his fingers.

Her hands grabbed his shoulders as she bounced harder and faster. “Make me come,” she pleaded, as she stared deep into his eyes and leaned back slightly.

His hands danced down her abdomen; he watched as his hot-pink cock appeared and disappeared into her. He parted her folds and rubbed her swollen clit vigorously.

Amanda gasped, and he felt her tighten around him as her climax hit. That was all he needed to bring him over the edge. He felt her body go limp in his arms. They cuddled afterward, waiting for the storm to blow over.

Monday Morning

The alarm blared. Amanda turned it off and nudged her husband. “Time to go back to work.”

Lee rolled over and kissed her. “Do we have to? We don’t have to use condoms anymore.” He waggled his eyebrows.

“Come on, Stetson. You’ve had enough sex in the last three days to satisfy your needs till at least tonight.” She swatted his arm.

“But it hasn’t been the same.”

“Tell me that it hasn’t been an erotic adventure the last three days?”

“I want to do each and every one again. But this time flesh on flesh.”

“You’re hopeless.”

“No, hopeful.” He stretched out on the bed. “Think of it. No barriers between us.”

She licked her lips and glanced at the clock. “You’ll have to keep that thought till later. The staff meeting starts in thirty minutes, and Smyth is going to be there. Do you want to tell him what we were doing that made us late?”

Lee tossed off the sheet and rose from the bed. “I’ll just have to wait until tonight.”

Amanda saw a gleam in his eye and knew he was up to something. “Okay, Stetson, what are you thinking?”

“I’m thinking why wait till tonight, when we can come home for lunch.” He grabbed her around the waist and pressed a kiss to her lips.

“We’ll see. But with our luck, we’ll be out on assignment.”

“Don’t jinx us.”

They were soon dressed and on the way to work.

Thursday Evening

Lee took the last dish out of the dishwasher and put it in the cabinet. “Done.” He closed the cabinet.

“Me, too.” Amanda rinsed out the sponge she’d used to clean the countertop.

“Lee,” Dotty said, as she entered the kitchen. “I think this is yours.”

“What’s mine?”

“This.” Dotty held a condom package in her outstretched hand.

Lee felt his face redden. “Um.” He couldn’t speak. Glancing at his wife, he saw her holding her belly in an attempt to keep from laughing.

“Don’t you know you’re supposed to keep these handy, not in some obscure spot? I found it when I cleaned the living room this afternoon. I was cleaning the glass on your Certificate of Valor, Amanda, and it just fell out from behind the frame.”

He stared at the floor. Suddenly the pattern of the kitchen tile became fascinating. He couldn’t believe his mother-in-law had found one of the condoms and that Amanda had hidden it behind the certificate. The one she’d received after he’d played a burned-out agent. The case where he’d slapped her. He still couldn’t believe he’d done that. He’d only meant to lightly tap her face, but he’d gotten distracted and used more force than he’d intended. To this day, it hurt his heart that he’d caused her the pain of that slap.

“And when did you two start using these, anyway? Oh, no,” she moaned. “This can’t belong to one of the boys, can it?”

“No!” Amanda and Lee yelled at the same time.

Dotty wagged her finger at them both. “You do realize this is not the way to go about giving me another grandchild.”

“Mother!”

Lee couldn’t say anything. He couldn’t get past the huge lump in his throat.

“Oh, look, it says it’s flavored. Strawberry. You know, that is one of my favorites.” She put her finger to her chin. “On second thought, I think I’ll keep this for myself.” She picked up the phone, then put it back down. “I’m going up to my room to call Kurt. Privately.” As she walked out of the room, she turned her head, smirked, and winked.

Lee collapsed against the counter and wiped his hand across his face. “I thought you said we used them all!” He’d never been so embarrassed in his life.

Amanda smacked her forehead. “I forgot. There was a bonus one in the package. But there is a silver lining.”

“Where?”

“We haven’t needed these since the weekend.”

He tugged her by the waist to fit snugly against his body. “I want nothing between you and me, wife. Ever again.” His lips captured hers.

“You know, we do need to talk someday in the near future about whether we’re going to expand the Stetson family.” Amanda nibbled his ear.

“I think we need to go house hunting--and soon. If we’re going to have any additions, we need a lot more room.”

“I can throw away my birth control pills any time.”

“I think we need to have a long talk and go house hunting this weekend.” Lee kissed her passionately.

“See, now that’s how you make me another grandchild,” Dotty declared, as she came back into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator.

“We’re working on it, Mother.”

The End