- Text Size +

Title: To Catch A Scarecrow

Author: Rita (dittypiddler)

Disclaimer: Scarecrow and Mrs. King belong to Warner Brothers and Shoot the Moon Productions. No infringement intended.

Timeframe: Fourth season, between "Nightcrawler" and "Do You Take This Spy?"

Rating: NC-17

Thanks to Cheryl for the beta.

Feedback: Always

To Catch A Scarecrow

"Finally!" Amanda slammed the filing cabinet drawer shut with more force than necessary. "If I type one more report, my fingers are gonna fall off." She shot an annoyed scowl at her partner’s vacant desk, wishing Lee were the recipient of her irritation, instead of a defenseless piece of furniture. But since he wasn’t there, she simply stuck her tongue out at his chair. That would have to do. For now, anyway.

Once again, Lee had weaseled out of the paperwork. Well, maybe weaseled was a little harsh. No, gosh darn it, that was exactly what he’d done. He’d weaseled. Granted, he had to meet Mr. Weisterman at the airport. But did it take two hours to settle a defector in the safehouse?

Then came what she now referred to as "The Call."

Ran into an old friend . . . Just gonna have a quick drink . . . If you’ll finish the reports for me, I swear I’ll make it up to you . . . You’re an angel . . . Be back around six or so . . . Love you.

Honestly! If she didn’t love the man so much, she’d probably shoot him. Or at least give him a good swift kick in the pants. She glanced at her watch. Well, she couldn’t wait around for him any longer. Joe was picking the boys up in less than an hour, and she wanted to check in with them before they left for the weekend. She grabbed her purse and was halfway out the door when it hit her.

The Plan.

With a wicked grin, she turned back to her desk and made a couple of phone calls, then jotted down a short note for Lee. After taping the note to his computer, Amanda left the Q Bureau with a spring in her step and a smile on her face. If she hurried, she’d have enough time to put "The Plan" into action. She clicked the door shut and locked it behind her. Scarecrow was toast. He just didn’t know it . . . yet.

~~~~~~~~~~

Feeling a bit apprehensive, Lee unlocked the door and poked his head into the office. He was an hour late. She’d probably already left. When he saw that Amanda had indeed gone home, he felt both disappointed and relieved. Disappointed that he’d missed seeing her. Relieved that he’d avoided a scolding.

He’d intended to help with the reports, he really had. But then, after leaving the safehouse, he’d bumped into Ray Waterson, and, well, one thing led to another, and they ended up at Randy’s. He only meant to have one beer, but Ray wanted to talk about old times, and the next thing he knew the pitcher was empty, and Ray ordered another one . . .

Oh, man. When his friend Waterson got started, he could outtalk Amanda. And his capacity for booze would put a sailor to shame. At least Lee had the presence of mind to nurse his drinks, which was a good thing because Ray was kinda buzzed, and he’d had to drive him back to his hotel. He really hadn’t noticed how late it was. Honest.

Okay, he’d explained his absence to himself. Now he just had to explain to his finance and hope she understood. After all, it was a guy thing. And when guys got together . . .

Sinking into his chair, he smoothed his hair and straightened his tie. Perhaps he should go over to her house right now. The old Stetson charm would bring her around. It always did. Sooner or later. But to be on the safe side, he’d better be prepared to grovel. Maybe pick up some flowers, too. It couldn’t hurt.

Then he noticed the slip of paper taped to his computer and tore it loose. When he read the note, his jaw tightened and a lump formed in his throat.

Lee,

Meet me at the Wayside Inn at exactly eight o’clock. Room 212. Zulu Blue.

Amanda

Oh, God. Zulu Blue. Respond without question. Panic rippled through him. What had she gotten herself into? Had Billy given them a new case? But she wouldn’t go without him. Would she? And why eight o’clock? Exactly eight o’clock? Was it a meet? A drop? What the hell was going on? Dragging his fingers through his hair, he snatched up the phone to call their supervisor, then banged it down. Damn it, Billy would’ve left by now. And even if he hadn’t, respond without question meant just that. No questions. He slammed his fist on the desk.

Why hadn’t he come straight back to the office? He should have been here, not sitting in a bar listening to Ray Waterson relive the good old days and bemoan their wild escapades as the so-called better days. These last months with Amanda were Lee’s better days.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! If anything had happened to her . . .

He checked his watch. It was already after seven. The Wayside Inn was off Interstate ninety-five--a good forty-minute drive, and with rush hour traffic . . . He shoved his chair back and raced out of the Q Bureau, barely remembering to lock the door behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~

Amanda scanned her "lair" one last time. Raspberry-scented candles were strategically placed throughout the room, casting a soft glow. On one corner of the nightstand, champagne sat chilling in an ice bucket next to two flutes. Then came the piece de resistance--a dish of strawberries and a bowl of Cool Whip.

This night would be one they’d both remember for a long, long time. She’d been planning this surprise for Lee for quite a while. At first she’d intended to carry out her little scheme at his apartment. But there was always the chance they’d be interrupted. When Mother--of all people!--had raved about this inn after her weekend with Captain Kurt, Amanda had checked it out.

Mother was right, as usual. It was perfect. The room was tastefully decorated, and the queen-size bed was very comfortable. Amanda had already discovered that when she remade the bed with the new satin sheets she’d bought. Plus, the spindled headboard suited her needs nicely. The closet door boasted a full-length mirror, which was in a direct line of sight with the bed. And best of all, the inn was affordable. Well, after all, she was on a budget.

Lee should be here any minute. Oh, boy, he’d be in a dither. She felt a momentary pang of guilt. Maybe she shouldn’t have used the Zulu Blue code. But he shouldn’t have spent the whole afternoon carousing with some buddy while she did all the paperwork. Not that she minded him spending time with an old friend, but there was a time and place for everything. And today was definitely not the time. Especially when they didn’t have that many weekends to be together.

She studied her reflection in the mirror. The little number she wore would take his mind off her deception in a heartbeat. It had taken her a week to get up the nerve to order the ensemble from Rebecca’s Fantasies and another week to find the courage to wear it.

Short, sexy, and all tied up with a flirty satin bow.

The catalog’s description was certainly accurate. The red flyaway babydoll was all that and more. From the "flirty satin bow" tied between her breasts, to the derriere-skimming length, the sheer mesh nighty left her middle completely exposed. The matching g-string barely covered her crotch, and the side ties made for easy removal.

Oh, yeah, this outfit would blow his mind. No doubt about it. Grinning, she daubed Lee’s favorite perfume on her wrists, throat, and between her breasts. Then she donned her disguise and switched off the lamps, leaving the flickering candles the only light in the room. ‘Okay, Scarecrow. Get your sexy butt here. I’m ready for you, and you’re gonna get the ride of your life.’

~~~~~~~~~~

With his left hand on his gun holster, Lee raised his right fist to rap on the door. Before his knuckles touched it, the door silently swung open. This was not good. Amanda wouldn’t leave the door unlocked. Fighting back the fear that threatened to strangle him, he cautiously entered. Shadows from more than a dozen candles danced across the walls, and an enticing fragrance filled the room. What the hell? This was hardly the setting for Agency business.

As he moved a bit farther into the room, he heard the door close behind him. Before he could turn, he felt the unmistakable muzzle of a gun in his back. His muscles tensing, he froze and waited for a chance to jump his assailant.

"Scarecrow, how nice of you to join me. My name is Natalia, and I am KGB. You may consider yourself captured. Turn around very slowly."

He recognized the voice, but that had to be the worst Russian accent he’d ever heard in his life. Not knowing whether to be enraged or amused, he turned to face his captor--and almost choked on the laugh that spewed past his lips. His "captor" stood before him, wearing a trenchcoat and a gray fedora, with the brim pulled low on her forehead. The hat covered an outlandish red wig that spilled onto her shoulders. And she had the drop on him, all right--with a cap pistol!

Clearing his throat, he donned his best poker face. "Well, uh, Natalia, I guess you caught me. But not for long. Amanda will save me."

"Not this time, you stud muffin. Your little housewife is at the P.T.A. She will not rescue you. It is just you and me, snuggle bunny. Assume the position."

Stifling another laugh, Lee pasted on a resigned expression and grabbed the wall, spreading his legs. What did she have planned for him? Knowing Amanda, er, Natalia, whatever her game, he’d bet his last dollar it would be very enjoyable. As long as he could keep from cracking up, it’d be to his advantage to play along.

"Not that position, snookums." Natalia tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned his head and looked at her, she pointed to the bed. "That position. We are going to make the whoopee. Take it off, poopsie. Take it all off."

His lips twitching, he swallowed a chuckle and faced her again. "Natalia, I think you should know that I’m engaged to a wonderful woman, and I’m madly in love with her." With a heavy sigh, he shrugged and slipped off his jacket. "But I guess I have no choice. If I’m to save my life, I must sleep with the enemy. I only hope Amanda will understand."

He unclipped his holster from his belt and laid it on the dresser. If she wanted a striptease, he’d give her one. Fighting back a smile, he unknotted his tie and slid it off his neck, then unbuttoned his shirt--first one button, then another, and another. As he spread the material and exposed his chest to her view, he skimmed his fingertips down his bare skin. Taking his time, he tugged the shirt from his waistband and let it float to the floor.

Natalia’s eyes followed his every move, and her breathing quickened.

With a cocky smirk, he eased off his belt and tossed it over his shoulder. Maintaining eye contact with her, he let his fingers linger on the button of his trousers.

She licked her lips, and her eyes smoldered with undisguised passion.

Pleased with her reaction so far, he unbuttoned his pants, then teased the zipper down, inch by inch. He freed his hips and let the pants coast down his legs to pool around his ankles. After kicking off his shoes, he stepped out of his trousers and removed his socks. Noting Natalia’s flushed cheeks, he gave her his sexiest dimpled grin and fingered the waistband of his boxers.

"Oh, do not stop now, my handsome boy toy." Her dusky eyes raked over his body. "I want to see all of your . . . how do you say it? Your assets?" She waved her "gun" at him.

Boy toy? He kinda liked the sound of that. And the image his mind conjured up . . . oh, man.

"If you insist." He winked. "You have me at your mercy, you wicked woman." With tantalizing deliberation, he pulled his boxers down his stomach. He paused at the juncture of his thighs and watched her eyes darken with a desire that mirrored his own, her gaze fixed on his groin. As her arm dropped to her side, the cap pistol slipped from her slack fingers, apparently unnoticed. He gave her a seductive smile and his best bedroom eyes, then slid the boxers over his growing arousal and down his legs. Flexing his muscles, he struck a Mr. America pose and turned slightly sideways, giving her an excellent view of his naked body.

Natalia cleared her throat and drew a shaky breath. "Ahhh, that is much better, Scarecrow. You are as well endowed as I have heard. You have quite a reputation as a super stud, you know. And I intend to find out if it is deserved. Unfortunately, your reputation as a dangerous agent precedes you, so it will be necessary to restrain you while I, um, interrogate you." She pulled a pair of handcuffs from her coat pocket and dangled them in front of him.

Lee gulped. Fur-lined cuffs? Where did she get those? Had his Amanda visited a sex store? Since the first time they made love, he’d experienced the depth of her passion and thanked his lucky stars, but this . . . Wow!

Sweeping off that ridiculous hat, she motioned for him to hold out his left hand, and he happily complied. After cuffing his wrist, she led him to the bed. When she gently pushed him onto the satin sheets, he followed her instructions and stretched out in the middle of the bed. Good Lord, what red-blooded man wouldn’t?

The mattress dipped as she knelt beside him and raised his arms above his head. After looping the handcuffs around one of the headboard spindles, she secured his right hand. The fur lining tickled his wrists a little, but this wasn’t bad at all. Even if he was trussed up like Amanda’s Christmas goose. He relaxed and waited for her next move. He didn’t have long to wait.

She gave him a sassy smile and skimmed her fingertips down his inner arms, over his shoulders, and down his chest to his stomach, teasing his skin with feather light touches. Her mouth followed the path with wet kisses. He clenched his jaw, forcing himself to remain still. But if Natalia planned to use this kind of interrogation method, he’d tell her anything she wanted to know.

Then she increased the torture. Her lips, teeth, and tongue prowled back up his chest and circled his nipples--sucking, nipping, licking--showing him no mercy. Pausing, she gave him a scant minute of peace and then moved on to his erection. He held his breath as her hand hovered over his manhood. When her fingers closed around his shaft and squeezed, his breath hissed from his chest in a long, shuddering sigh. Her palm glided up and down his penis--touching, stroking, tormenting him to mindless distraction.

"Oh, God. Amanda, please," he gasped.

"Ah, ah, ahhh." She released him and placed her finger on his lips. "I told you before, Scarecrow. My name is Natalia."

"Well, Natalia, if you keep that up, I’m not gonna last very long." He sucked in a cleansing breath, taking advantage of the respite to regain some measure of control. "By the way, do KGB agents wear anything under their trenchcoats?"

"But of course. Would you like to see?" Standing next to the bed, she unfastened her coat and let it puddle on the floor.

"Ohhh, my God! If I’d known Russian women could look like that, I would’ve defected years ago." Her nighty--what little there was of it--was the sexiest he’d ever seen. And he’d seen some. His fingers itched to touch her bare skin. He swallowed hard and tried to collect his wits. "But I have just one problem, Natalia. I really prefer brunettes, not redheads."

"This is no problem, my little snuggly buggly boo."

Snuggly buggly boo? That was even worse than snookums and poopsie. Torn between amusement and raging desire, he struggled not to laugh.

She plucked off the wig, and her dark curls tumbled around her shoulders. Then she straddled his legs and lowered her head, brushing her hair over his penis and up his abdomen to his chest, effectively eliminating any brain cells Lee had left. Her lips closed over his and her tongue snaked into his mouth, leaving no crevice unexplored. As she plundered his mouth, he strained against the cuffs. If he didn’t touch her soon . . .

Feeling Lee’s body tremble beneath her, Amanda reluctantly ended the kiss. Her seduction was moving too fast. As much as she wanted him, she also wanted to carry out her plan. And there was more to come. She sat up and gazed into his hazel eyes--eyes burning with an animalistic lust that sent a shiver from her head to her toes.

"Are you hungry, Scarecrow?" She lowered her voice to a sultry whisper, giving him her most bewitching smile. Though she hardly had to ask. His expression told her exactly what he craved. But not yet. She selected a large strawberry, dipped it in the whipped cream, and held it above his lips.

"Starving. But I’d rather eat you. Will you please take off that nighty and let me see the rest of you? And, for God’s sake, let me out of these cuffs. I want to touch you." He fought against his restraints.

"I will grant your request, but only if you obey my orders." She dabbed a bit of cream on his chin. "If you obey me, you will be rewarded. If you do not, you will be punished. So you will obey? Yes?" When he nodded and his body calmed, she untied the satin bow and inched the spaghetti straps down her arms, then tossed the skimpy fabric over her shoulder.

His eyes swept her body with a fire that threatened to singe her skin. Oh my gosh. If she could resist devouring him right now, it would be a miracle of biblical proportions! Squeezing her eyes shut for a moment to block out his heated gaze, she prayed for the strength to continue.

"Now you will eat." Though her prayer had been answered, she couldn’t control the slight quaver in her voice. "You must keep up your energy." She traced his lips with the strawberry before popping it into his mouth. Then she licked the cream off his lips and chin. A guttural groan rumbled from his throat.

"You still look hungry, my big, strong Scarecrow." Amanda dipped another piece of fruit in the Cool Whip and ran it over her taut nipples, leaving them covered with the cream, then slipped the strawberry into his mouth. His teeth crunched the berry, and he wolfed it down, never taking his eyes off her cream-coated nipples. Smiling, she positioned her breast just above his lips. "Would you like some more?"

"Yesssss," he hissed through gritted teeth.

She lowered her nipple, and he licked it clean. Clutching his shoulders, she allowed Lee to suckle her nipple before offering him its twin. His lips latched onto it--licking, sucking, tugging. She moaned, grinding her mound into his stomach, and felt the moisture saturate the scrap of cloth that covered her. Oh, gosh. Much more of this and she’d never finish her plan. And she wasn’t done with him yet. Not by a long shot. Taking a deep breath, she pulled her breast from his mouth, ignoring his growl of protest. She brushed her nipples over his face, then let them glide down his chest and abdomen, feeling his muscles quiver.

"Oh, God, baby, I can’t stand it." Lee’s chest rose and fell, his breath coming in rapid pants.

Since they’d become lovers, Amanda had delighted in Lee’s stamina. His ability to postpone his own needs while he pleasured her was amazing. But as she glanced at his hardness, she wondered how much more he could take. Well, he’d just have to hold on a little longer.

She scooped up a glob of whipped cream and smeared it over his shaft from the rosy head to the base, then slowly licked his length while dancing her fingers along his inner thighs. Swirling her tongue around his tip, she cleaned off the rest of the cream, tasting his seeping essence mixed with the frothy sweetness. When she replaced her lips with her hand, Lee’s hips lurched and his penis pulsated as she stroked the ridges. She took him into her mouth, an inch at a time, and sucked gently, her fingers squeezing his testicles in the same steady rhythm.

"Baby, please. You’re killing me. No more games. Take off these cuffs. I need to feel you, to taste you. I’m willing to beg," he moaned pathetically.

She looked up at him and smiled. His fists were tightly clenched; his head tossed back and forth on the pillow, the muscle in his jaw twitching fast and furious.

"You must really be, um, distracted, big fella." Abandoning her accent, Amanda released the handcuffs. "They’re trick cuffs. All you had to do was press the spring. You could’ve gotten out of them any time."

"You little devil," he groaned. "Now I’m gonna do a little torturing of my own."

Grasping her hips, he yanked at the ties holding the g-string and pulled it off. A devilish gleam shimmered through the raw desire in his eyes. He winked at her, then dipped his finger in the whipped cream and spread it over her labia. She gasped as the coolness touched her tender flesh. Cupping her butt, he lifted her and settled her mound over his face. His warm breath whispered against her clit before he tugged her down onto his mouth. She bit back a scream of ecstasy as he lapped the cream, his tongue stroking her, while his hands massaged and squeezed her cheeks. His low chuckle penetrated the haze clouding her brain. The man was driving her insane, and he knew it.

When he sucked her folds into his hot mouth, she gritted her teeth and gripped the headboard until her knuckles whitened. His tongue plunged inside her, and, as he rolled it around her wet core, a strangled cry escaped her lips. Then his tongue flicked over her swollen clitoris, moving faster and faster. She threw back her head, moaning at the luscious sensations coursing through her body. His technique varied, first licking her clit, then sucking, then licking again.

As he consumed her center, the throbbing need in her loins intensified. She clenched her muscles, trying to prolong the pleasure for as long as possible. Then she turned her head and caught their reflection in the full-length mirror. The sight of Lee licking and sucking her was the most erotic thing she’d ever seen. Her senses reeled while her body tensed with her orgasm. She cried out, shuddering as wave after wave of nearly unbearable pleasure surged through her.

Resting her forehead on the cool headboard, she tried to regain her equilibrium, but he gave her no time to recover. He lifted her hips and lowered her onto his shaft, and she quivered with delight as he slowly filled her. Eyes closed, she leaned back against his bent knees, waiting for him to continue. When he didn’t move, her eyes flew open.

"Lee-ee," she groaned, squirming against him in frustration. Darn it, no man had this much control! If this was his idea of payback, it was sure as heck working.

"Look at me, baby. Do you want more? Tell me what you want." His hands held her gently but firmly, not allowing her the tiniest movement.

His voice was a hoarse whisper, his smile a little too smug. But at this point, she was willing to surrender. Trembling, she looked into his eyes. Now it was her turn to beg. "Yes, I want it all," she squeaked out. "Please."

Lee’s roguish smile vanished; his hands tangled in her hair, and he kissed her with a hunger that left her head spinning. Fondling her clitoris, he plunged into her--hard and fast--and she clutched his thighs and rocked her hips to meet his thrusts. The combination of his finger dancing against her clit, his engorged penis buried deep within her, and his almost primitive grunts of pleasure sent her soaring over the highest peak of ecstasy. As her juices gushed forth, she cried out and clamped her muscles around him, and he erupted inside her with a force that shook them both. She collapsed on his chest, her breathing as ragged as his.

"Oh my gosh!" she gasped, trying to calm her pounding heart. "We’ll have to play this game again if this is the result."

A rich laugh rumbled from deep in his chest. "Oh, yeah. I’m certainly willing. God, that was incredible." He sighed and kissed her forehead. "Though I don’t think I’ll be able to move for a while." He quirked an eyebrow. "But I just gotta know one thing. Where did you get those fur-lined handcuffs?"

"Umm, that’s need-to-know, Scarecrow. And you don’t need to know." At the shocked look on his face, she swallowed a laugh.

"I have ways of making KGB agents talk, Natalia." His jaw set with the stubbornness she knew so well.

Knowing he’d needle it out of her eventually, she gave in. "Oh, okay. I borrowed them from Francine."

Lee’s jaw dropped, and his eyes widened. "You’re kidding! Oh, man. There’ll be some wild rumors floating around the water cooler now."

"Nah, I told her Philip needed trick cuffs for his magic set because he’d lost the ones that came with it. Which is true. He did lose them, though his cuffs weren’t fur-lined. But I figured Francine wouldn’t know that. I promised to return them Monday."

"In that case, I’ll buy you some of your own. They may come in handy if Natalia captures me again."

"Sounds like a plan, big fella." She rolled off him and brushed back his sweat-slicked hair. "But maybe we should tell Natalia to take a hike, huh?"

"Fine with me. I’d much rather have my Amanda. She’s all the woman I can handle, and I want to be her sex slave for the rest of my life." With a slow wink, he grinned at her, his hand caressing her arm.

"Forever, sweetheart." She pressed her lips to his, pouring all her love into the kiss. Lifting her head, she nodded toward the champagne and goodies nestled on the nightstand. "What about the rest of your surprise?"

"We’ll finish them later." He wiggled his eyebrows and licked his lips. "Soon as I get my strength back, I intend to empty that Cool Whip bowl, my little cuddly wuddly bear."

Amanda giggled. "I’ll look forward to it." As she snuggled into Lee’s strong arms, she closed her eyes and thanked whatever fate had filled that train with men in red hats.

The End