- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: Scarecrow and Mrs. King and its characters belong to WB and Shoot the Moon Productions. No infringement is intended. This is written for entertainment purposes only. Please do not redistribute or reproduce this story without my permission.

Thanks: Rita and Miss Edna for all your guidance. Also, thanks to Steph for originally posting the 1894 sex guide.

Dedication: This story is for Bubba. She was the one who kept at me to finish this story for the past two years. It sat in my WIP file for ages stagnating, until I finally figured how to write it. Thanks.

Note: Instructions and Advice for the Young Bride on the Conduct and Procedure of the Intimate and Personal Relationships of the Marriage State for the Greater Spiritual Sanctity of this Blessed Sacrament and the Glory of God was written by Ruth Smythers and published in 1894.

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/1285/bride.html
Will Power

“Achoo. Achoo.” Amanda waved her hand in front of her face to clear the dust that flew when she lifted the last box down from the shelf. After grabbing a handkerchief from her pocket, she wiped her nose. She scanned the room, looking at the mess she had created. Things were piled everywhere. A stack of boxes labeled “Goodwill” stood to one side of the room. She needed to make space for some of Lee’s belongings. When they’d publicly married two months ago and all secrets were revealed, he’d moved into the house on Maplewood Drive. The lease on his apartment wouldn’t expire until the end of the month, which was a week away. He’d put most of his furniture into storage, but some things would need to be placed in the attic for safekeeping.

So now, on Saturday afternoon, after shooing everyone out of the house for the day, Amanda attempted to clean out the attic. Lee had offered to help, but she’d told him she would be able to get things done faster, with no one around and no distractions. Instead, he offered to take the boys to an afternoon matinee and the game room at the mall. While Lee and Amanda were at work, Mother had cleaned out her things in the attic a few days before she’d left on a weekend retreat to Williamsburg.

Placing her handkerchief in the pocket of her jeans, she sat down on the floor, with her legs crossed, and opened a carton. This one contained books and various papers. Scanning the titles, she put the books aside to donate to “Goodwill.” In fact, the majority were textbooks from college, even some law books that had belonged to Joe. She carefully stacked the papers to one side to go through later, not wanting to throw away anything of importance.

She taped the last carton shut, then stood and admired her handiwork. “Finished.” When the boys and Lee returned home, she’d have them take the boxes to “Goodwill” and the one box of things she thought Joe might want to keep to his and Carrie’s house. She noticed the dust and dirt on her hands and jeans. Now was the perfect time to take a nice, leisurely bubble bath. As she picked up the papers, she looked around one last time to make sure there would be room for Lee’s things. Satisfied there was, she left the attic and went to her bathroom.

After a relaxing bath, she went downstairs to make a cup of tea, bringing the papers along. She stirred the simmering spaghetti sauce on the stove and tasted it. “Needs more garlic.” Adding the spice, she stirred the sauce again and put the top back on.

She entered the den, picked up the small trashcan next to the desk, and placed it at the end of the couch. Sitting down, she got comfortable and began to read.

After a half-hour of scanning, most of the papers ended up in the trash, except for a small pile, which needed to be saved. Most of the papers were rough drafts of essays and different things she had written for college. A couple were even from high school, and she cringed reading them. It was a miracle she’d passed essay writing; her grammar back then left a lot to be desired.

The next thing she picked up turned out to be a photocopy of an article written in 1894. She sat back on the couch and remembered the day she’d first read it. She and several friends had been in the library, studying for finals, when Steph ran up to them, giggling.

*******

“Look what I found.” Steph handed copies to each of the girls sitting around the table.

“What?” Amanda asked, taking a copy.

“Just read it. You’ll die.”

All the girls put their books down and began reading. ‘Instructions and Advice for the Young Bride on the Conduct and Procedure of the Intimate and Personal Relationships of the Marriage State for the Greater Spiritual Sanctity of this Blessed Sacrament and the Glory of God.’

“Can you believe this?” Barb whispered. “‘Some young women actually anticipate the wedding night ordeal with curiosity and pleasure! Beware such an attitude! A selfish and sensual husband can easily take advantage of such a bride. Give seldom and, above all, give grudgingly. Otherwise, what could have been a proper marriage could become an orgy of sexual lust.’ They were afraid of lust. I’d love to have some lust in my life right now.”

“Listen to this.” Rita began to read. “‘Most men, if not denied, would demand sex almost every day. The wise bride will permit a maximum of two brief sexual experiences weekly during the first months of marriage. As time goes by, she should make every effort to reduce this frequency.’ Twice a week, hell, I want it twice a day from Gary.”

“Take notes, ladies,” Taya said. “‘If he attempts to kiss her on the lips, she should turn her head slightly, so that the kiss falls harmlessly on her cheek instead. If he attempts to kiss her hand, she should make a fist. If he lifts her gown and attempts to kiss her any place else, she should quickly pull the gown back in place, spring from the bed, and announce that nature calls her to the toilet. This will generally dampen his desire to kiss in the forbidden territory.’ These women don’t know what they missed. Bet they didn’t have many orgasms.”

At the end of the table, Lisa began laughing. “You know what. I’m going to try to act like this the next time I’m with Jamey. Try not to give him any reaction at all. Make a game out of it. It might be fun.”

Amanda looked over at Lisa. “You’d have enough will power to be quiet? No reaction at all to what he’s doing to you?”

“I think so. At least I’m gonna try.”

“You know,” Steph said, sitting down. “We might all want to try it on our boyfriends. Let’s see who can follow this to the letter, or as close to it as we can.”

Amanda chewed on her lower lip. “Okay, I’m in if everyone else is.”

Barb, Rita, and Taya nodded.

“How do we go about it?” Amanda asked.

“Easy,” Steph replied. “Take this home and study it. Figure out what will work with your boyfriends.”

“I think we should make it a contest,” Barb said.

“How? And how will we know if it worked?” Amanda asked.

“How ‘bout the girl that gets her man totally frustrated, by not reacting to anything he’s doing to her, gets free rounds of drinks at Dooley’s,” Barb replied.

After they all agreed to the terms, they went their separate ways, making plans to meet at the bar one month from that day. That week and the ones following had been filled with studying and finals, and no one had been able to make the rendezvous at Dooley’s to see who’d won. In fact, she’d forgotten about the bet. Until today.

*******

Lips on the back of her neck made her jump. “When did you get home?” Laying the paper facedown on the table, she turned and looked up at her husband. While she’d been recalling those college days, an idea had begun to form. Maybe she’d try the bet on Lee and see if it’d work. Just for fun.

“I didn’t mean to scare you. I thought you’d heard me come in. What are you doing?” He gestured to the papers scattered around.

Amanda stood and picked up the trashcan, wanting to divert Lee’s attention from the table. “Where are the boys? I finished cleaning out the attic. I found some papers and wanted to make sure I wasn’t throwing away anything important.”

“We saw Joe and Carrie at the theater, and they asked if the boys could spend the night. I didn’t think you’d mind. I told them they could.” Lee ran his hand through his hair. “You don’t mind, do you?”

“Of course not. Did you remember to pick up spaghetti?”

Lee slapped his forehead. “I forgot. Can’t we have something else?”

“Lee Stetson, I spent all afternoon making that sauce.” Okay, that was a little white lie, but she didn’t want him getting amorous yet. Not if she wanted to attempt winning the old bet.

Lee held up his hands. “Okay, I’ll run to the store.”

“Thank you, sweetheart.” Her lips brushed his.

********

Washing the dishes, Amanda wondered if she had the nerve to go through with her plan. It wasn’t going to be easy to not react to what he did to her. Just a touch of his hand could send shivers down her spine.

As she put the dried dishes away, she recalled some of the instructions on avoiding sex. ‘Feigned illness, sleepiness, and headaches are among the wife’s best friends in this matter. Arguments, nagging, scolding, and bickering, before the husband would normally commence his seduction.’ She didn’t want to fight or scold him. That would be cruel. Headache. She’d tell him she had a headache. That should keep him at bay for a little while.

Hands placed around her waist startled her. She’d been concentrating and hadn’t heard him come up behind her.

“I seem to be making you jump today.” He nuzzled her neck. “We have the house to ourselves. Shall we take advantage of it?”

Turning in his embrace, she rubbed her temples with her fingertips. “Let me take a couple of aspirin and lie down for a little while. I have a headache from all the dust up in the attic.”

“Why not let my magic fingers make it go away?” He began to massage the back of her neck.

“No,” she said, pulling slightly away from his embrace. “I think I’ll take the aspirin and a hot bath.”

“Okay.” He kissed her brow. “I know a lost cause when I see it. Go relax. I’ll watch some TV.”

“Thanks.” It took all her effort not to rub the protrusion she felt poking her belly. She wanted to feel his lips on her, his cock inside her. This was going to be hard, very hard, to accomplish. Knowing her husband, he’d be upstairs later and would again attempt to make love to her. She grabbed the article to reread while she bathed. He didn’t know this would be her second bath of the day.

After her bath, she put on the least sexy nightgown she could find. Thick, white cotton-- high-necked and long sleeved--with lace around the edges. She was surprised she still owned one like it. Once, this type of gown had been the only kind she owned, but that was before Lee Stetson had come into her life. After putting the article in the nightstand drawer, she turned off the light and pulled the covers up to her chin, lying quietly in the dark.

It wasn’t long before she heard the door open. Closing her eyes, she pretended to be asleep. She felt the bed give as he leaned on it. His lips caressed her forehead, and he placed butterfly kisses on her closed eyelids. “Are you awake?” He attempted to kiss her lips, and she tilted her head sideways, so his kiss fell harmlessly on her cheek.

“Mmmm-hmmmm,” she murmured sleepily, not knowing if her ruse would work.

“I know a way to wake you up, plus, a cure for your headache. If you still have one.”

He began to pull the covers off her. When she felt his hands on her legs tugging her nightgown, she quickly rose. “Sorry, I need to use the bathroom.”

“I’ll get comfortable while you’re gone.” He unzipped his pants.

After closing the door behind her, she sat on the toilet seat. How long could she hide in the bathroom before he became worried? Amanda Stetson, you can do this. Go out there, lie down on the bed, let your husband make love to you, and not react. Not react to Lee’s touch. Right, like that would be the easiest thing in the world. Maybe she should let him in on the game plan. Maybe he’d go along with it. No, knowing him, he’d try even harder to make her respond. She had to do this on her own. Afterward, she’d tell him it was an old college bet she wanted to win. He’d laugh about it. She hoped. Would he understand? Realizing she’d spent too long in the bathroom, she opened the door and reentered the bedroom.

Dim light filled the room. Lee lay on the bed in the nude, his cock ready for action. He patted the space next to him. “Join me. I think someone is overdressed. Let me help.”

He arose and began to pull the gown up. She remembered a passage from the article. ‘If he lifts her gown and attempts to kiss her anyplace else, she should quickly pull the gown back in place.”

She pushed it back down. He tried to lift it again, and she did the same thing.

“What’s the matter?” he asked, standing back and folding his arms across his chest.

“Nothing. I’m cold.” She said the first thing that came to mind to keep her gown on.

He unfolded his arms and enveloped her in a hug. “I’ll keep you warm.”

Before she had a chance to respond, he’d unbuttoned the gown, pushed it off her shoulders, and let it drop to the floor, in a puddle around her feet.

He began to tug her panties off, then he surprised her and knelt before her, taking the waistband in his teeth. He grasped the back of her underwear with his hands and slid them down her thighs, hovering over the juncture between her legs, blowing a cool breath across her heated center.

One. Two. Three. She began to count in her head.

Lee stood, and his fingertips danced along her skin, causing goose bumps, but she didn’t utter a sound.

Will power. Will power. Will power became her mantra.

His lips found the hollow of her neck. “Feeling better?”

Afraid to speak, Amanda nodded. He gently laid her on the bed, his lips blazing a path along her collarbone. His fingertips glided along her legs, up her waist to her breasts, tweaking the nipples, before he grasped one between his lips. When his hand found its way to the vee of her legs and his fingertip circled her swollen clitoris, she almost lost it.

Will power. Will power.

He pushed her legs apart, moved over her, and brushed the peaks of her nipples with his lips. Then he slid down between her legs, pausing to kiss the soft skin of her belly before heading further south.

Suddenly, his tongue replaced his finger--licking hard, sucking, alternating. He traced her folds with his finger, then pushed hard inside her--one finger, then two--in and out. She searched her mind for something to keep her from responding. Mentally, she began to compose her grocery list: bananas, oranges, bread, milk, cereal.

She bit her lip to keep from crying out in ecstasy. As he continued his assault on her body, she tried not to move, tried to lie as still as possible like the article said, but she writhed under him. She gasped; she couldn’t help herself.

One gasp and a little writhing so far. Not bad, considering he drove her wild with passion.

Will power. Will power.

If she was going to win the bet, she had to make sure this lovemaking session ended soon. She tugged at his hair and pulled him to her, crushing her lips under his. Okay, she wasn’t following the article to a tee, but it didn’t take her sexy husband into account. She wrapped her legs around his waist, so his cock could penetrate her. Arching up, she felt him slide into her and pressed her heels into his ass to push him deeper inside.

Lee moaned at the contact. Breaking their kiss, he leaned his hands on the bed and began to thrust harder and faster. He moved one hand between their bodies and fondled her clitoris.

‘Oh, God. I can’t do this. I’m going to scream.’

Will power. Will power.

The hell with will power.

Grabbing him by the neck, she kissed him passionately as she came in a fiery orgasm. Her heels dug into his ass, as her vagina contracted around his cock, pushing him over the edge.

Afterward, Lee leaned on his elbow. “Okay, something isn’t right. You’re normally very vocal and sensual when we make love. What gives?”

Reaching over, she opened the nightstand drawer and pulled out the article. “I found this today.” She handed it to him.

Lee lay back on the bed and began to read. “You tried to do this while we made love?”

“I need to backtrack a little more. When I was in college . . .” She told him the story of the bet with her friends and how she decided to try it tonight.

“You didn’t follow it exactly. But you did a damn good job of it. I was getting frustrated, but more with myself. I thought I was doing something wrong.”

Amanda placed her hand on his cheek. “You never do anything wrong in the bedroom. I’m sorry I tried to win that damn bet.”

He took her hand and kissed her fingertips. “Do they all still live in the area?”

“Yeah, I see them about once a year.”

“Call them in the morning and tell them to meet you at Dooley’s.”

“But I didn’t really win.”

“Yes, you did. And I plan to be there to tell them exactly how you won the bet.”

Amanda cheeks burned. “You’re gonna tell them everything?”

“Well, maybe not everything.” He winked. “But enough to let them know you didn’t react to what I was doing to you.”

“But I did react.”

“Not like you normally do.”

Amanda thought for a minute. He was right. She hadn’t acted the way she usually did. Maybe it was enough to win the bet. It’d been a while since they’d all gotten together; it’d be nice to see them again. “Okay, I will. Now, I think I owe you something for being a good sport.” Her hand snaked to his cock and caressed it.

“I agree one-hundred percent.” Lee moaned as his lips descended on hers.

The End