"Oh my, that's really hard!" by Friday Challenge
Categories: Scarecrow and Mrs. King Characters: Amanda King, Lee Stetson
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 5143 Read: 104545 Published: 07/09/09 Updated: 07/09/09
Story Notes:
The Challenge: This week we have two lines of dialogue. You can write one story
using one OR both lines in one story, OR write two stories, one with EACH of
the lines. Your choice. (We're hoping we'll get twice the amount of stories
;-) )

1) "Oh my, that's really hard!"
2) "Well, okay, but it's been a long time since I've done something like that."

Instructions: You must use one or both of the above line(s) of dialogue in your
story exactly as they're issued. Don't forget your submission can be any length
- from one line to a full-length story - and it can be SMK, B5 or anything else
as long as it has a link to either SMK or B5.

1. Chapter 1 - Monica by Friday Challenge

2. Chapter 2 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge

3. Chapter 3 - Patti by Friday Challenge

4. Chapter 4 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge

5. The Riding Lesson - Julie T by Friday Challenge

6. Chapter 6 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge

7. Chapter 7 - Jenn by Friday Challenge

8. Chapter 8 - Ange by Friday Challenge

9. Chapter 9 - Monica by Friday Challenge

10. Chapter 10 - Monica by Friday Challenge

11. Bushes - Lynda by Friday Challenge

12. Chapter 12 - Jenn by Friday Challenge

13. Chapter 13 - Stephy by Friday Challenge

Chapter 1 - Monica by Friday Challenge
Dotty West, well known mother and grandmother was reaching quietly
the banister of the stairs in an faithful attempt to make it to
her room without being heard or seen by her daughter, Amanda.

Her grandchildren were in a summer camp but her daughter was home.
Since she started working at IFF with Mr. Steston it was harder and
harder for her to keep up with boys activities, but Amanda seemed
happier then ever and that's all that counted.

Now... well Dotty would had want her out camping not really in
the mood to answer Amanda's questions about her wanderings, about
where she was, the last 48 hours! Amanda doesn't "need to know,"
like she heard in the latest Bond movie ! Need to know!great answer
and great excape too....

She didn't take two steps on the hallway when Amanda's voice, was
carried through the paneled door.
"Lee wait a minute please I have to see what I'm doing, NO?"
"Oh my,that's really hard!"

Wait a minute thought Dotty, there is my daughter's room and she
is obviously speaking with her boss, but what is he doing in her
room at 5:00 am?

"Ok Amanda, I'll wait, but I can't wait too long," came through the
same door the husky deep voice she knew very well!

"I know Lee, I know and I'm sorry!"

"Hurry, please sweetheart I can't hold it long " Lee's voice was
full of unpatience, Dotty heard that tone many times, yesterday and
last night from Curt's mouth.

"Well, okay, but it's been a long time since I've done something
like that, and I needed help"

"I know, that's why you had me coming here at this hour, not that I
mind being with you."

"Damn Lee! Tt got stuck, what are we going to do, I can't leave
it like that, I really need it out!"

"Amanda, calm yourself, and let's start again, I'm pretty sure that
I'm able to make you happy, even with something difficult like
that."

"I know honey I know you can!"

At this point Dotty's curiosity reached the highest level and
taking a few steps back put her shoes and walk a little harder
toward her room.

"Mother, your home!" came through the close door. "Please come in
we need your help."

Dotty took less then a second to enter, but the image that greeted her
wasn't what she imagined, not that she would have been invited in if
inside would have taken place what she thought.

Lee and Amanda were wrestling with the dresser near the window, Lee
was under it trying to lift it and Amanda streched on the floor
trying to find something, obviously lost.

"What's happening here?"

"I put last night an important file on the dresser, and the wind
make it slid between the dresser and the wall."
Chapter 2 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge
"Well, okay, but it's been a long time since I've done something like
that." Lee shook his head, he couldn't believe what activity he'd
just agreed participate in.

It wasn't like he'd never done it before, though. But like he'd said
it'd been a long time. A very long time, in fact he couldn't
remember when the last time had been.

One thing he did remember was he needed to wear protection. If not,
he could be in store for a very nasty surprise. And he didn't want
any of those.

The others all found their hiding places and he was left to ponder
where he could take up the best position. He looked around to find
the perfect cover. There. That would work.

He glanced over his shoulder and saw the others were preparing their
weapons. They were waiting on him. As he walked over to the spot
he'd chosen, he made sure his jacket was buttoned tightly, the collar
was up covering his neck and his gloves were snuggly encasing his
fingers.

"Ready," yelled Jamie.

"Ready," Phillip, Amanda and Dotty replied.

"Lee?" Jamie called. "Are you ready?"

Lee knelt down next to the garbage can and scooped up some
snow. "Ready," he told them as he held the lid in front of him as a
shield.

The fight was on. Snowballs came flying from every direction towards
him. He hadn't stood a chance against all of them at once. Four
against one. The odds were not in his favor.

He tried valiantly to defend himself. He scooped up snow as fast as
he could and lobbed it towards anyone he could spy. Alas, his
efforts were in vain and he soon found himself covered with snow.

Thankfully, Amanda called a halt to the game because she couldn't
stop laughing.

"I think Frosty has had enough for now." She walked over to her
husband and held out her hand to him.

Lee stood from his crouching position. He grabbed his wife by the
waist and kissed her. As their lips parted he shook his head letting
snow cascade down on top of her. Next time he decided he'd make
sure he had an arsenal of snowballs ready beforehand. And he'd hide
them in different spots so he could attack when they least suspected.

"Frosty is ready for some hot chocolate." He licked a snowflake off
her lip.

"With marshmallows." Phillip and Jamie popped out from the snow fort
they'd built earlier that day.

"Okay," Dotty said as she headed towards the back door. "I'll make
it. But you make sure you brush off the snow before you come
inside. I don't want snow tracked all through the house. No
marshmallows if you make a mess."

Lee noticed his two stepsons were covered in snow from head to foot.
Of course, them tackling each other and rolling around in the snow
would have a lot to do with it.

Before entering the house Amanda made sure as much snow was off them
as could be gotten and Lee in turn brushed her coat off. They each
stomped their feet on the ground so that none of the white stuff
would be tracked inside. The last thing they wanted was Dotty to
hide the marshmallows. Hot chocolate just wasn't the same without
them.

End
Chapter 3 - Patti by Friday Challenge
Francine stood at the door of her apartment apparently talking to the
neighbor from across the hall. "Well, okay, but it's been a long time since
I've
done something like that,"

Later, at the agency, Amanda took a bite out of a brownie. "Oh my, that's
really hard!"

Lee rushed up to her side. "Amanda, I tried to warn you but I was too late!
I saw Francine put that tray down there!"

"Oh!" Amanda reached for a napkin.

Billy walked up to pour himself a cup of coffee. He chuckled. "Francine's
neighbor needed a favor. She had extra baking to do and had run out of time.
She is really just an acquaintance."

Lee interrupted, "This doesn't sound very good, maybe we should go down to
medical."

Amanda swatted playfully at him and Billy continued. "Francine's super just
installed a convection oven in her place."

Amanda sighed. "That poor neighbor was an innocent victim. She had no idea
that Francine was a menace to society in the kitchen."

"She was smart enough to make some excuse and offer this batch to Francine
in the holiday spirit of giving."

Lee groaned then quickly noted. "Can it! Here she comes!"

The three made small chit chat with Francine who happened upon them.

The End
Chapter 4 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge
"Oh my, that's really hard!" Amanda softly ran her fingertips over
it. Rock hard.

"I've never seen one so hard either." Lee groaned.

"What are we going to do?" Amanda held it in her hand.

"I guess we'll just have to try and soften it up?"

"Any ideas on how we can?"

"Maybe if you squeeze it with your hands."

Amanda squeezed. "It won't give an inch. Maybe I can put it in the
microwave."

Lee took the fruitcake from her and tossed it in the trash. "We'll
just tell Phillip's girlfriend it was delicious. She'll never know."

End
The Riding Lesson - Julie T by Friday Challenge
It was a beautiful spring day in the Virginia countryside. Lee and
Amanda had been lucky enough to be given some time off from the
Agency to work on their new place, a small, but beautiful horse farm
in Warrenton. The recent move to their farm had been stressful, as
it always is when combining two places into one. Amanda's house in
Arlington had finally sold, and Lee had given notice to his landlord
at the apartment.

With their usual heavy caseload, work at the Agency had been trying
at times too. And since their secret marriage had been revealed to
all about 6 months ago, it had been a constant struggle to keep their
partnership at the Agency intact. Dr. Smyth was on Billy all the
time, incessantly trying to find ways to split them up. He had not
gotten over the fact that Lee and Amanda had hidden their true
relationship from the Agency for a couple of years. The Agency is
allowed to have its secrets, but in the interest of national
security, its employees are expected to be truthful with the Agency
at all times, especially where personal relationships are concerned.
Billy had been a true friend and a great supervisor and had managed
to thwart each of Dr. Smyth's attempts to split them up and for that
they were truly grateful. Billy knew it had been a stressful time
for the couple and had recently offered them two weeks off the duty
roster to get settled in and start enjoying their new place.

Lee was in heaven living on the farm, as happy as Amanda had ever
seen him. The previous owners had sold the house, land, and
livestock to the Stetsons in the deal. One of the best parts of the
deal for Lee was the fact that five horses were included with the
livestock—two Quarter Horses, two Arabians, and one American
Saddlebred.

Today was going to be a very special day for him and Amanda. He was
planning to give Amanda her first riding lesson. Lee was very much
looking forward to the time when he and Amanda would be able to go
riding together. He really wanted to share the excitement and beauty
of trail riding in the mountains with her.

Lee had spent several evenings trying out each of the horses to see
which one would be the most suitable for his Amanda to learn to
ride. He had decided that the Saddlebred had the smoothest gaits and
best manners. So, Laurel Hill Supreme, Laurel for short, was chosen
to be Amanda's mount. Laurel was a beautiful, tall, chestnut-colored
horse with a large white blaze on his face. He was a sweet-natured
horse who used to belong to the former farm owner's two children.

In his excitement, Lee raced down to the barn to get Laurel ready for
the lesson while Amanda finished putting away the breakfast dishes
and changed into her new riding pants. He thought back to the
previous night when the riding pants had been presented as a surprise
for Amanda. Lee was pleased that Amanda had really seemed to like
them. She had modeled them for him after dinner, though they did not
stay on her for very long! "She looks fabulous in the form-fitting
riding pants, and I just couldn't help myself." he said to himself
and to Laurel with a smile!

Lee brushed Laurel's red coat until it absolutely gleamed. He had
just finished saddling and bridling the horse when Amanda
appeared. "Well, are you ready, Amanda?" Lee asked with
excitement. "I have Laurel all ready to go for you. He is a really
sweet fellow, and I think the two of you are really going to be a
great team!" Lee told her as he pulled the mounting block up next to
Laurel's left side so Amanda could climb aboard.

"Well, okay, but it's been a long time since I've done something like
that." Amanda said hesitantly. "Lee, you know as well as anyone
that horses and I usually do not get along very well. May I remind
you of my ride on the Princess' horse, El Diablo?" Amanda asked. "I
almost went over the cliff on that horse!" she reminded him.

"Yeah, Amanda, I remember…but El Diablo had been trained to do that
by Bo Johnson. Laurel here is very sweet and is so gentle he has
been a child's horse for the last few years. That is one of the
reasons why I chose him to be your mount. I would never put you on a
horse that I think would not be safe for you. Trust me, trust
yourself, and most importantly trust Laurel, he will take good care
of you." Lee said.

So with that bit of a confidence building speech, Amanda decided to
go for it and climbed aboard Laurel. "Wow, he is very tall isn't
he? A long way down to the ground…" Amanda commented
nervously. "Amanda, don't think about falling off, just listen to my
instructions." Lee firmly told her.

In no time at all, he had Amanda and Laurel traveling around the
riding ring like old pros. Amanda had always been a quick learner,
and learning to ride was not an exception. She was already beginning
to understand the trot and how to move with Laurel comfortably.
Amanda was doing so well, Lee decided to see how Amanda and Laurel
would do with the canter, a slow controlled version of a gallop.

Lee explained the cues Amanda would need to give Laurel for the
canter, "To pick up the left canter lead, you will need to turn his
head slightly towards the rail on your right, give him a little bump
with the right rein, nudge him with your right leg, and ask him to
canter." Amanda attempted to follow Lee's lengthy instructions, but
found it difficult to do all of the cues correctly at the same time.
After all it was a lot to remember and this was only her first real
riding lesson! After several failed attempts, Amanda said, "Oh my,
that's really hard! "Sorry Laurel!" she said as she patted him on
the shoulder.

"Don't worry, just keep trying, Amanda. Once Laurel understands what
you are asking him to do, he will do it." Lee encouraged her.
Amanda tried a couple of more times without success, but on the next
attempt Laurel finally understood her cues and broke into the most
beautiful, smooth, rocking chair-like canter Lee had ever seen.
Amanda felt like she was floating on air, and Lee could hear her
delighted laugh as she and Laurel glided effortlessly around the
riding ring.

After a few times around the ring, she told Laurel, "Whoa there,
sweet boy." And Laurel immediately began to walk. Amanda looked
over at Lee standing in the middle of the ring with a huge smile on
his face. "I am so proud of you, Manda!! We'll be out on those
trails in the mountains in no time!" Lee said excitedly as he
thought of all the fun adventures they would soon have trail riding
together in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

THE END.
Chapter 6 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge
Francine made her way down the hallway to the Q Bureau. As she was
about to put her hand on the doorknob and open she stopped when she
heard voices from inside.

"Come on, Lee we have time do it now."

"Well, okay, but it's been a long time since I've done something like
that."

"Sit down, you need to be comfortable. This could take a little
while. First we have to unwrap it."

A rustling sound filtered out the doorway. Were they unwrapping what
she thought they were unwrapping? No they couldn't be. Could they?

At that moment Francine realized the door wasn't closed all the way.
She might not be able to see inside but she sure as hell could hear.
She shifted to side of the door so her shadow couldn't be seen from
within through the frosted glass.

"Do you want me to suck or lick?" Francine's eyebrow arched when she
heard Amanda's question.

"Whatever makes you happy," Lee said.

"How bout I suck and you lick?"

"Oh my, that's really hard!" Amanda exclaimed. "I'd forgotten how
hard they could be."

"Can we do both?" Lee asked.

"I guess we could alternate. Nothing in the rules about switching,
just no biting."

"Biting would hurt."

Francine gasped and placed her hand over her mouth.

The door to the Q flew open. "Francine, what the hell are you doing
out there? Eavesdropping?" Lee confronted her.

Francine pushed past him into the room and placed her hands on her
hips. "Me! What are the two of you doing in here I should ask? I
didn't sound like you two were working."

Lee began to laugh so hard he fell back on to the couch.

Amanda stood up from her desk. "What's so funny?"

"Yeah, Scarecrow."

"Amanda, Francine thought we were in here having oral sex."

"What!"

"We were talking about licking, sucking and it being hard."

"Oh my gosh!" Amanda plopped down on the couch next to him. "We're
on our lunch break and helping Phillip with his science experiment.
It's innocent. I swear."

"Innocent! What kind of experiment has something to do with licking
and sucking?" Francine knew she had them. Although, they were both
fully clothed. Scarecrow wasn't going to talk his way out of this
one. Now she'd have black mail material on both of them for future
use.

"This." Amanda twirled a Tootsie Pop in her hand. "He's doing a
study on how long it takes to get to the center."

Lee twirled his lollipop at her. "The whole family is helping him.
He's breaking down the statistics by age and gender."

Francine felt her face redden. "Oh." She backed up planning to make
a hasty retreat.

"Do you want to help with the experiment?" Amanda held out a Tootsie
Pop to her.

"I guess it's the least I can do since I jumped to the wrong
conclusion." She took the pop, unwrapped it and stuck it in her
mouth.

"For future reference Francine, we always lock the door if we're
planning on having sex at work. No interruptions that way." Lee
wrapped his arm around Amanda's shoulders.

Francine almost gagged on her lollipop. She'd avoid coming up to the
Q in the near future, if at all possible. She wouldn't put it past
Scarecrow to lock the door every time they entered just to try to get
her to think something sexual was happening.

End

For those who may have never heard of Tootsie Pops the link below
will explain all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tootsie_Pops
Chapter 7 - Jenn by Friday Challenge
"Mom, hurry up! We're going to be late for practice!!"
Philip implored from the back seat of the station
wagon.

"Philip, we have all the equipment in the car, so they
can't start without us." Amanda reminded him as she
looked at both boys in the rear-view mirror.

"I know, I know mom....it's just that Coach Thompson
promised to teach us the hook slide today." he
explained impatiently.

"I completely forgot about the all important
hook slide. Oh my, that's really hard! But with
Coach T's help, I'm sure you two will have it down in
no time!" Amanda told them as they pulled into the
parking lot at the little league field.

As they unloaded the gear, Coach Thompson approached
asking, "Are you staying to help with practice,
Amanda?"

"Yeah, I don't have any errands to run today." Amanda
told him.

"Oh good, do you think you could teach the boys the
hook slide? I hurt my back at work yesterday, and I
know they were all looking forward to learning
it. And I hear you can do a pretty mean hook slide!"
Coach Thompson informed her.

Overhearing their coach, Jamie encouraged, "Come on
mom, you can do it! We really need to learn the
hook slide if we want to beat the Indians this year."

Looking at the expectant faces of her two boys, Amanda
could only reply, "Well, okay, but it's been a
long time since I've done something like that."

"Cool, mom!!" Philip cheered as he raced to join his
teammates.

"Um, Coach Thompson, do you think you could remind
me how to do a hook slide? It's been awhile..."
Amanda asked nervously as she studied the bleachers
hoping to spot another parent who could take her
place.

"It's really pretty simple...." Coach T. began.
Chapter 8 - Ange by Friday Challenge
"This is hard."

"Did you think it would be easy?"

"Well it's been a long time since I did this and I just don't remember it
being this hard." Lee thought about how this was using a part of foreplay
for him when he was a teenager even though it really wasn't exactly suppose
to be. But the strange positions did sometimes make it a turn on.

"So how long has it been since you did this?"

"A long time ago."

"It couldn't have been that long ago."

"In high school."

"High school? That long ago."

"Well it wasn't quite that long ago."

Amanda laughed and spun the hand on the game piece. "Left foot, red," she
called out to her favorite males who were playing a game of twister. It was
Phillip and Jamie's turn to pick the weekly board game they played with
Lee. Before they started the game Lee had brought Amanda aside and told her
how he had played the game years ago and was a bit apprehensive but Amanda
assured him that the boys weren't quite to the age of thinking of the game
as anything but what it was.

When Amanda called out the next move Lee tried to find a red spot for his
left foot. They were already quite twisted up with Jamie underneath Lee and
Philip somewhat intangled with his brother. Lee tried to stretch his foot
over Jamie and lost his footing sending everyone down in a heap. The next
thing she knew all of them were on the floor laughing, giggling, tickling,
and hugging one another. Amanda watched them have the time of their lives
and knew she would cherish this memory for many years to come.
Chapter 9 - Monica by Friday Challenge
"Come on Jamie, don't be such a wormbrain, you can do it!"

"Yeah, yeah it is easy for you, you are more open .....but me...

"Well, okay, but it's been a long time since I've done something like
that. You know you have trust in a "dad".
You know very well, that we loved, and we were good boys and dad
still didn't want to stay with us, and he was OUR dad, do you
think that Lee will stay around, taking care of us forever?"

"AW Jamie, he already was around, watching us for years now,
don't you remeber, what Mom said that he watched us growing and
took care of all our family. Think he saw us when we were good or
not so.., sick or healthy and he didn't run off, instead he wanted
to marry mom and be our dad. So what do you say?"

"Oh my, that's really hard! but know what Phillip I will.
I will give Lee a chance, who knows maybe he is the dad we did
expecting for."

"Cool Jamie, and another thing if I "read "him well he needs us as
much as we need him."

Both boys exited the gazebo and Jamie opening the back door asked,

"Hey Lee are you interested in a ball game while mom and grandma
are cooking?"

A wide and happy grinn apear on Lee's face matching the one on his
wife's lovely face.

"Know what Jamie there is nothing I want more."
Chapter 10 - Monica by Friday Challenge
"Oh my, that's really hard!" Amanda !!!! Do you really want to plant all
those bushes and flowers TODAY? We plant about ... how many Jamie?"

"Ten Lee, why? are you in pain? Well that happen with people of a certain
age, said him quickly removing his body from Lee's vicinity."

"Oh, we are smart today. OK lets' see who is more young and strong, deal?"

"Lee, stop it, I don't want to spend the night massaging you hurt and
painful back, I really want to go dancing tonight!"

"Well, okay, but it's been a long time since I've done something like that, I
mean planting and weeding, It was long time ago, almost a fading memory."

"What are you trying to say sweetheart?"

"Well I remeber helping my mother taking care of the flowers, in front of the
house, You know I spent a long time in that tree, but ..I don't know seeing my
mother in the garden talking with the flowers, watering them was something so
wonderful, and I was near her in a second willing to help" Lee's words made
Amanda teary and lean in to give him a hug when she hear him chucking.

"What""

"I also remember dad, asking why didn't she use that, to make me clean my
room who was full of toys, clothes clean and dirty, papers and colors every day
from morning till evening."

"But she couldn't, no? I mean remebering the way your apartment looked when
I first came to feed your fish so you can go to Bermuda ....'

"Oh you..... Come let's finish Dotty's surprise, she'll be back home soon,"
said a beet red Lee turning his attention to the tulip bulb he held.
Bushes - Lynda by Friday Challenge
Lee sighed, "Oh, my, that's really hard!"

"I know," Amanda nodded,"But she deserves it, and I want it to look
really good."

"Well, okay, but it's been a long time since I've done something
like that." Lee stuck the shovel into the semi-hard ground with all
his might.

He really *hadn't* planted rose bushes in a long time. Amanda had
asked him to plant a couple at their house before Michael's
birth,actually, before her pregnancy. He gave her a wistful look as
she sat in her lawnchair, holding the sleeping infant.

The roses were for his mother-in-law. She had moved out, to a small
townhouse a couple of neighborhoods over. A week ago, she had gone
on vacation with Captain Kurt, not to return for another two weeks.
By then, these bushes will have had time to flourish. He and Amanda
would return, after this back breaking day, to tend them, of
course. Lee smiled as he recalled what a green thumb his wife had
in tending their own greenery.

Hours later, as they drove home, Amanda ran her hand through his
somewhat sweaty hair.

"Thank you, Mother is going to just love them, I know it."

"That's exactly why I don't mind all the sweat and work. I love
Dotty, too. Almost as much as I love her daughter."

"MMmmm," she kissed Lee as they stopped at a red light.

The End
Chapter 12 - Jenn by Friday Challenge
"Oh, come on Lee! You can do it--just give it a try!"
Philip implored as he stood at the top of the driveway
with his skateboard waiting impatiently for Lee take a
turn.

"Yeah!! And Lee we want you to see our moves for the
contest next week!" Jamie chimed in.

"Well, okay, but it's been a long time since I've done
something like that. How 'bout I watch you guys for
awhile, and then maybe I'll give it a try." Lee
responded.

"All right!! Thanks Lee. Our dad never wants to try
it cause he's afraid he will break his leg or
something." Philip cheered as he started to show off
his moves for the contest.

After watching the boys' tricks, Lee was pretty
impressed with their skills and figured that it didn't
look that hard. "Okay, so I guess it's my turn?" Lee
asked as he took Philip's skateboard and headed to the
top of the driveway.

"MOM, MOM!!!! Come quick! Lee's hurt!" Philip yelled
as he raced into the house.

"Oh my gosh...what happened?" Amanda questioned as she
came into the family room to see Lee being helped into
the house by Jamie.

"It's nothing, Amanda. Calm down." Lee stated as he
settled onto the couch.

"Mom, it was rad!!! Lee tried one of our tricks on
the skateboard, and the next thing we know he's flying
off the board and hitting his head on the ground!"
Philip exclaimed.

"That is most definitely not rad. Now you two go
upstairs and get cleaned up while I take care of Lee."
Amanda ordered.

"Oh my, that's really hard! Maybe we should go to the
hospital and have it checked just to be safe." Amanda
suggested as she examined the knot forming on Lee's
forehead.

"I'm fine, Amanda really. Remember I have a pretty
hard head." Lee responded as he pulled Amanda down on
the couch beside him.

"Yeah, I remember. Lee, exactly how many times have
we lectured the boys about always wearing their safety
equipment when they skateboard???" Amanda chastised
him.
-------------------------
"Oh my, that's really hard!" Amanda complained as she
stared at the lock pick set Leatherneck had given her
to practice with. "I didn't have this much trouble
using Lee's belt buckle."
Chapter 13 - Stephy by Friday Challenge
Amanda and Lee were sitting on a bench putting on
their ice skates. "Come on Lee," hollered Phillip who
was already on the rink, “We don’t have all day to be
out here skating. You too, Mom."

“I’m coming, Philip.” Amanda said and then turned over
to her husband. “You coming Lee?”

“Yeah... well it’s been a long time since I’ve done
something like this.” He replied not looking her in
her direction.

“What? Are you chicken, Lee? Bak Ba-Bak!” Philip and
Jamie yell as they flapped their arms like chicken
wings.

“No, I’m not chicken. I can do this watch just watch,”
he said as he stood up and began to walk. “Slow and
steady. One foot, next foot. See? I can do this.”

“Ok. At least you are standing on them, but now you
have to actually move onto the ice.” Jamie said.

“Ok... oh my, this really is hard.” Lee slid one foot
out to start gliding across the ice.

WHAM!!!

Down he went; Amanda and the boys came skating over to
him. Amanda knelt down by his side. “Sweetheart, are
you alright?” She said, trying to stifle a chuckle,
but Lee heard. He grabbed her by her arms and pulled
her into his lap.

“So you think this is funny, huh, Mrs. Stetson?” He
said while tickling her side. Amanda slapped his hand
away.

"No tickling, Lee! You know how ticklish I am.” She
growled.

"I know. That’s why I always do it.” He said with a
chuckle of his own. “Ok. Help me up now so we can try
this again. Without hurting my dignity this time if
that’s possible.

The End
This story archived at http://www.wickyarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=696