"I need you to come with me" by Friday Challenge
Categories: Scarecrow and Mrs. King Characters: Amanda King, Lee Stetson
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 3815 Read: 62996 Published: 05/09/09 Updated: 05/09/09
Story Notes:
Instructions:

You must use the entire line your story.

Please CAPITALIZE the line in order to make it stand out.

The line must be EXACTLY as noted in the challenge.

Your submission can be of any length, from line to a full-length story - and it can be SMK, B5 or anything else.

1. Bathroom Etiquette - Cheryl by Friday Challenge

2. Chapter 2 - Charlie by Friday Challenge

3. Chapter 3 - Sue by Friday Challenge

4. Moonlight Call - Charlie by Friday Challenge

5. Chapter 5 - Charlie by Friday Challenge

6. The Heat of the Flames - Charlie by Friday Challenge

7. Chapter 7 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge

Bathroom Etiquette - Cheryl by Friday Challenge
Bathroom Etiquette

Amanda awoke and glanced at the bedside clock. Two a.m. Lee's even breathing beside her told her he was sound asleep.

Feeling the urgent call of Mother Nature, she pushed back the bedclothes and padded to the bathroom, shivering. They'd have to turn on the furnace soon; the nights were getting downright cold.

Still half asleep, she entered the bathroom. Not bothering to turn on the light, she lifted her nightgown and sat down.

Yikes!

She sprang to her feet. Lee had left the toilet seat up, and she'd sat down on frigid porcelain. Luckily, she'd grabbed the edge of the vanity to keep from falling deeper into the cold water. Men. Shaking her head, she put the seat down and took care of business. She'd have a talk with her husband in the morning. He needed a lesson in proper bathroom etiquette.

Later that morning, Amanda stood in front of her closet, wondering what to wear, when she heard Lee stir. She turned and smiled. "Good morning."

"Morning, sweetheart." He rose from the bed and grabbed her by the waist, pulling her to him and giving her a kiss.

"I NEED YOU TO COME WITH ME."

"Where?"

Amanda clasped his hand and led him into the bathroom.

"Do you want us to take a shower together?"

"No." She leaned against the vanity countertop.

"Okay, I give up."

She pointed to the toilet. "You see this?"

"Um, yes."

"Well, now that you're officially a part of this family, Scarecrow, there is one hard and fast rule you need to learn."

"What rule is that?"

"Make sure the toilet seat is always down."

"Whose rule is this?"

"Every married woman on the planet."

He scrubbed his hand over his face. "What happened?"

"Last night I woke up and had to use the bathroom. I almost fell in. Not a pleasant thing to happen when you're half asleep. I'm surprised you didn't hear me screech when my rear hit the cold porcelain."

"I'll kiss it and make it all better. Lift up your nightgown and turn around."

"Not this time, buster."

Lee shrugged. "But men need to have it up. You never had a problem at the apartment."

Amanda smacked his arm, and then placed her hands on her hips. "This never happened at your apartment. This is non-negotiable. The seat goes down."

"I'm sorry. I promise it won't happen again. Cross my heart." He made an X over his heart.

"Good. Now do you want to know the next bathroom rule?"

"There's more than one?"

"Let me teach you how to properly put on a new roll of paper. It has to roll over the top, instead of under it."

The End
Chapter 2 - Charlie by Friday Challenge
Okay I thought of this for the monthly challenge...then said "Oh darn, I can't write this."....then thought well maybe I'll write but not share....then thought well maybe....I actually hate this kind of story so I'm not even sure why I wrote it...but ....

Charlie (sorry if you get this twice - first post was missing the end)

WARNING

SADNESS AHEAD

WARNING

DEPENDING ON YOUR EMOTIONAL STATE RIGHT NOW, MAYBE TISSUES

WARNING

IMPLIED CHARACTER DEATHS – DONT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU'RE SENSITIVE

WARNING

YOU'VE PROBABLY ALREADY FIGURED THIS STORY OUT BUT READ IT ANYWAY IF YOU WISH...

June Challenge: I need you to come with me

She sat rocking by the window, watching the snowflakes slowly drifting down. It was nearly the middle of February and piles of snow lined the streets and sidewalks. The fence posts each wore a frosty white cap and the shrubs were buried under a wintery blanket.

The door opened then slammed shut. Cold air drifted across the room and she shivered slightly. Jamie came in, stomping his feet and exclaiming over the amount of snow he'd just shovelled. She allowed his words to wash over her, the sound of his voice comforting but not enough to draw her attention away from the window.

It was February thirteenth, her wedding anniversary and she was waiting for Lee. He'd been gone quite a while this time but some assignments were bigger than others. Even though she missed him dreadfully, she understood.

The clock beside her ticked away and her cup of tea cooled on the table beside her as she patiently waited. Winter seemed to be longer and colder than usual this year. Pulling her sweater more tightly around her, she sighed and let her head rest on the cushioned back of the chair.

A bit of sun broke through the cloud cover and Amanda smiled faintly. The icicles hanging from the eaves turned into fine crystal and the snow covered landscape sparkled like a million diamonds. She played with the wedding ring on her finger, recalling the day Lee had placed it there. It had been the happiest day of her life. Her eyes drifted shut as he recalled the day...

Suddenly she heard him calling her name, "Amanda! Amanda!"

Looking up, she saw him standing before her. His hazel eyes sparkled and the special smile that he reserved only for her was lighting up his face. She sat up in surprise. "Lee! I didn't hear you come in. Oh, it's so good to see you—you've been gone so long..."

She reached out her hand towards him and he caught it in his, then pressed a kiss to her palm. "I know. I'm sorry...I've missed you."

"And I've missed you too. Please don't leave like that again."

"I promise. I'll never leave you again." He gently pulled on her hand, encouraging her to stand. "I NEED YOU TO COME WITH ME. It's time to go now."

"Of course. I'll go anywhere with you." She gripped his arm tightly and smiled up at him. He leaned down and gave her a gentle kiss. The room seemed to brighten and the snowy world faded away.

"Are you ready, Amanda? " He gazed down at her, his eyes filled with love.

She nodded eagerly, placed her arm around his waist and then walked beside him into eternity.

****
Jamie walked into the living room. "Mom, Jullie wants to know if you want some more tea... Mom?"

He walked over and placed a hand on her shoulder but there was no response. Her eyes stared unblinking out the window, a faint smile on her face. Jaime gazed at his mother's unmoving chest and blinked rapidly as tears filled his eyes.

A small hand clasped his. "What's the matter, Daddy? Why are you sad?"

Chocolate brown eyes, just like his mother's stared up at him. He scooped the little girl up and held her tightly as he walked out of the room in search of his wife. "Daddy's sad because Grandma's gone ..."

"Oh..." A puzzled frown marred the small face for a moment then a smile appeared. "I bet she's gone to be with Grandpa . She told me she was waiting for him to come and that he'd walk her home..."

Jamie looked from his daughter to his wife who had just appeared in the doorway. "You're right, sweetheart. Grandpa came and he's walking Grandma home..."

*Last bit came from a beautiful song called "Walking her home" by Mark Schultz
Chapter 3 - Sue by Friday Challenge
+++

Amanda squirmed in the wooden chair. Her butt was numb, and she hoped she wouldn't have to sit here much longer.

Each moment she sat in the dingy gray office increased the chance of someone recognizing her.

What if her mother found out she was here?

What would she tell her?

Amanda had no idea. She couldn't tell Mother the truth. She'd promised Debbie she wouldn't tell a soul.

When the door creaked open, her heart pounded. She quickly turned in her chair and raised an outdated magazine to cover her face.

Peeking under the magazine, she watched as a pair of shoes walked across the stained carpet and stopped in front of the nurse's desk.

Butterflies danced in her stomach as she strained to hear the newcomer's voice. When she finally heard the unfamiliar voice, her breath escaped in a relieved sigh.

Once again, she asked herself how she'd let Debbie talk her into coming here. Then she remembered Debbie sobbing on her shoulder and begging her to help, repeatedly crying, "I NEED YOU TO COME WITH ME. I can't do this alone. You're my best friend."

And because they were best friends, Amanda had agreed to come to the clinic with Debbie. Resigned to waiting a bit longer, she settled back in the uncomfortable chair and prayed that Debbie would be all right.

End
Moonlight Call - Charlie by Friday Challenge
Moonlight Call

She'd been dreaming of him, as she so often did. He invaded her senses and crept into every corner of her mind until she felt surrounded by him: Images of his naked body rising overtop of hers, highlighted by the moonlight streaming in through the bedroom window; The scent of his cologne intermixed with the muskiness of arousal; His hands strong yet gentle trailing over her skin, causing nerve endings to tingle. The sound of his heavy breathing filled her ear as his warm breath fanned across her face.

"I need you..." he whispered roughly.

Her heart beat faster at the utterance of those words, desire coiling in her stomach. In anticipation of his intimate touch she moved restlessly, the ache within her growing. His fingers brushed her cheek and once more he spoke into her ear.

"I need you—I need you to come with me."

Come? She was close – his very presence often brought her to the brink. Heat pooled between her legs and her inner muscles quivered. Her tongue slipped out to wet her lips and encountered his finger. It tasted salty and warm. He pressed the digit against her lips while his other hand slid to her shoulder and gave her a shake.

"Are you awake? I need you—I need you to come with me. "

Confused, she dragged herself from the dream and opened her eyes to find the dark outline of a man looming over her. In her half-wakened state she felt a jolt of fear and drew in a breath to scream but a hand clamped firmly over her mouth, stifling any noise she might have made.

"Shh—we don't want to wake up the whole neighbourhood."

She couldn't see his face but relaxed at the sound of his voice. He was really here, not just part of a dream. Once again, he had come for her. Instinctively she knew his eyes were fixed upon hers waiting for a response. He never assumed her compliance, even though she'd never refused him. She nodded her acceptance and he slowly withdrew his hand.

"Listen carefully. I need you to come with me right now –no questions, okay?"

She opened her mouth to speak but then thought better of it. Silently she threw back the covers and stood. The room was bathed in moonlight and, as she moved across the room to the closet, she knew it would be shining through her nightgown, leaving her body silhouetted for him to see. Before, she would have wrapped her arms around herself protectively, blocking out his all knowing eyes. Now, however, she revelled in the idea of him seeing her like this.

The growl that emanated from where he stood let her know she was having the desired effect. She allowed a secret smile to flit across her face as she opened the closet door. Using it as a shield, she quickly donned her clothing then returned to where he stood.

He reached out a hand and she took it. Where they were going, she had no idea but, as always, she was incapable of resisting his call to come.
Chapter 5 - Charlie by Friday Challenge
I've never tried to write a drabble before but I think this works. At least it's only 100 words so I meet that requirement! Hmm—did use a lot of contractions though, so maybe it isn't...Oh, well...This would probably be year 1 or 2 and I'm thinking they're sitting in a car outside of the shop. Possibly Lee told Amanda he had a job for her but didn't tell her what it was....

Charlie

June challenge – use the words I NEED YOU TO COME WITH ME

"Lee, I can't"

"Sure you can."

"No. I mean it. I can't."

"A-man-da. You have to. I NEED YOU TO COME WITH ME as part of my cover."

"But Lee. It's a...a sex shop!"

"Adult Entertainment. Come on now. You can't tell me you've never—"

"Never."

"Really?"

"Really. I'm the mother of two little boys, not some `happy hooker.'"

"Amanda this isn't a hooker shop. Lots of perfectly respectable people come in here."

"Oh really? I know lots of respectable people and they've never once mentioned going to a place
like...Oh my gosh!"

"What?"

"Mother just walked into that store."
The Heat of the Flames - Charlie by Friday Challenge
The Heat of the Flames

"Come on Amanda, you can do it."

"No—I can't... Lee, I'm scared." Her voice cracked, the strain of the last few hours finally showing. She was frozen in place, unable to move, unable to take the next needed step...

"Me too, but we can't stay here."

"I know ..." She turned her tear streaked face towards the approaching flames. The smoke was stinging her eyes, burning her nose and throat. A hot wind, emanating from the fire, danced across her face.

"Amanda—look at me. Focus on my voice. I promise that you won't fall. Just take my hand and look straight ahead."

She bit her lip and cast a wary glance at the make shift bridge. It was just a plank spanning the gorge in front of them. The wood was weathered with age and she had severe doubts as to its ability to support the weight of both of them.

Looking down, she eyed the sharp rocks and the rushing water far below. Being no judge of distance, she couldn't say how deep it was. All she knew was that if they fell, it was a long way down. There would be no chance of survival.

Lee took her face in his hands and forced her to look at him. He was covered in soot and sweat, his eyes red rimmed. When he spoke, his voice was rough from the smoke he'd inhaled yet his words were calm and slowly delivered, offering reassurance.

"Amanda, I NEED YOU TO COME WITH ME right now. The fire's getting closer and this is our only way out. I'm going to take your hand and start crossing the bridge. Just walk slowly and keep your eyes on my back. We'll be fine."

She stared deeply into his eyes, drawing strength from his steady gaze and then gave a quick nod. Lee flashed his brilliant smile, then gave her a quick peck on the cheek before grabbing her hand and stepping onto the tiny bridge. He moved carefully yet confidently, talking softly to her the whole time.

Focusing on his voice and the back of his head, she cautiously took the first shuffling steps. When the plank wobbled, she froze. Lee gently tugged on her hand and she licked her dry lips, swallowing down her fear. Step after interminable step, she followed behind him. The roar of the approaching fire grew louder and she had to strain her ears to hear Lee's voice.

"Just a little farther...we're almost there...keep walking..."

Suddenly Amanda realized she was standing on solid ground again. Lee drew her into his arms and gave her a big hug. "That's my girl. I knew you could do it.

She relaxed in his arms and hugged him back relieved to have survived the ordeal. All too soon he let her go.

`Come on. We have to keep moving." He cast a worried look over her shoulder, then held out his hand once again. She took it and wearily fell into step beside him.

Even as they hiked down the gentle slope, bits of soot and embers floated down around them. Amanda knew it was only a matter of time before the fire crossed the gorge. Its presence had only offered them a momentary advantage.

The terrain was too rough to allow them to run, even if they had the energy. Strewn with rocks, branches and underbrush, the forest floor forced them to watch every step to avoid twisting an ankle or falling.

Casting a glance over her shoulder, Amanda saw the billows of smoke rising into the sky, blocking out the sun. The heat of the flames caused the air to shimmer and the tree trunks appeared to be dancing to sound of the crackling fire.

"Lee—I think it's gaining on us."

He paused for a moment to assess the situation while they both caught their breath. His eyes narrowed and his jaw clenched. "I think you're right."

"We're not going to make it to the lake in time are we?" Amanda tried to keep her voice steady, her fear hidden.

Lee squeezed her hand and shook his head. Their eyes met in silent acknowledgement of the truth.
Chapter 7 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge
Sue let me play with adding to her story. To refresh everyone's memory I'm posting her part along with mine so that it will flow easily. At least I hope that's what it does.

Sue's Story

[...]

My addition

Amanda gave herself a mental smack. After Debbie had pleaded with her to accompany her on this trip, she'd only agreed if they could find a clinic far enough away from the prying eyes of friends, relatives and anyone else that might recognize them. That's why she'd insisted on driving to this particular Planned Parenthood clinic. It was on the outskirts of Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland. The furthest she felt safe to drive having just gotten her drivers license a few months before. Even then she'd taken the back roads to get there. She still wasn't comfortable driving on highways, yet.

She squirmed in her chair again and tried to read the article in the outdated magazine. But the thoughts of why there were here in the first place, kept coming to the forefront of her mind.

Debbie had told Amanda she thought she was pregnant. She was late and she never was late before, her cycle was always exactly twenty-eight days. At first Amanda had been unable to speak, she'd been that stunned at her best friend's revelation. But what really made Amanda mad was Debbie's no good boyfriend. When Debbie had told him of her plight, he'd hightailed it as fast as he could out of her life, telling her it was her responsibility. When she'd called his dorm room his roommate had told her he'd dropped out of school. It seemed like older boys were just as jerky as boys their own age.

If the results came back positive, Amanda would be there for her friend. She'd support her in any decision she made. Going through this with her made Amanda even more determined that she wouldn't give up her virginity lightly. Maybe even wait till marriage. Of course, she couldn't predict the future. All she knew was that at seventeen years of age she didn't want to have to worry about bringing another life into the world.

"Amanda."

Amanda looked up. "Debbie." Her friend stood before her smiling.

"False alarm."

She could hear the sigh of relief in Debbie's voice. "Let's go home."

"I have to talk to one of the nurses before I can leave. I wanted to let you know. I should be back in a few minutes."

"Okay." Amanda stood and stretched her back. She looked back at the hard chair and decided not to sit back down. Debbie would be ready soon and she still had to drive them back to Arlington. She needed the circulation to return to her rear end before she attempted that trip.

She smiled at the nurse at the front desk as she walked around the room. On her third lap she saw two teenage boys enter the clinic. Boys? What in the world were they doing here?

"Over there." The tallest of the boys pointed.

Amanda looked over to where they were making their way and saw a huge bowl sitting on nurse's desk. She noticed it earlier but hadn't paid any attention to it.

The taller boy reached in and pulled his hand out. He clutched several foil wrapped packages. She thought it had held candy. Boy had she been mistaken.

Condoms.

"I told ya they had them here for free," the tall boy said.

At least they were practicing safe sex. Amanda felt her face redden and quickly turned around so that she wasn't facing them.

"Hi. What's your name?"

Amanda couldn't believe it. Debbie had come out and was flirting with the blonde boy. Hadn't she learned anything? You don't hop from one relationship to another. Especially, after the scare she'd just gone through. She'll get a bad reputation. She told herself she'd tell Debbie exactly that on the ride home.

"I NEED YOU TO COME WITH ME." Amanda grabbed Debbie by the arm.

"Not so fast." She shook off Amanda's hand. "I'm giving Tommy my phone number."

The boy grabbed a pen from the nurse's desk and wrote her number in ink on his hand. "Thanks."

Amanda quickly turned and ran smack into the other boy.

"Sorry."

"That's okay." The boy with the light brown hair winked.

"Come one, Lee lets get out of here. Cindi's waiting for you." His friend punched him in the shoulder.
This story archived at http://www.wickyarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=687