Word Challenge: keys, umbrella, sheets, frame, massage. by Friday Challenge
Categories: Scarecrow and Mrs. King Characters: Amanda King, Lee Stetson
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 7806 Read: 94182 Published: 15/06/08 Updated: 15/06/08
Story Notes:
The Challenge: This week we're asking you to write a story which will include the words: keys, umbrella, sheets, frame, massage.

Instructions: You must use all the words somewhere in your story. You can use them in any order - you may even use them more than once. But you MUST use them all AT LEAST ONCE. Don't forget your submission can be any length - from one line to a full-length story - and it can be SMK, B5 or anything else as long as it has a link to either SMK or B5.

1. Roller Coaster Ride - Jennifer C by Friday Challenge

2. Chapter 2 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge

3. The Sun of a Rainy Day - Monica by Friday Challenge

4. Chapter 4 - Julie T by Friday Challenge

5. Chapter 5 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge

6. Chapter 6 - Jenn by Friday Challenge

7. Monthly - Jennifer C by Friday Challenge

8. Chapter 8 - Anne by Friday Challenge

9. Chapter 9 - Sue by Friday Challenge

10. A New Address, A New Girlfriend - Tera by Friday Challenge

11. Chapter 11- Sue by Friday Challenge

12. Chapter 12 - Julie R by Friday Challenge

Roller Coaster Ride - Jennifer C by Friday Challenge
Roller Coaster Ride

"Amanda, are you sure she really needs one?"

Amanda spread some marmalade on her toast. "Lee we've already discussed this, and the answer is still yes. I'm going to take her shopping this morning."

Lee shook his head. "I just don't think it's necessary right now. Maybe in another year or two."

Or three, he silently added, taking a sip of his coffee. Amanda's sigh was audible.

"In another year or two it'll be too late," she said. "Maybe you haven't noticed, but Jenna's really beginning to fill out."

"To fill out?" Lee repeated. He fought to keep his expression impassive, but it felt as though his eyes were starting to bulge out of their sockets. The sheets of newspaper he held made a rattling
noise as his hands shook slightly.

Amanda nodded. "She's a lot curvier than I was at that age," she said. "It must come from your side of the family."

"Amanda I think you're exaggerating," Lee said. He folded up the paper neatly and put it down on the table, trying to regain some composure. "Jenna's still very little-she's not curvy at all."

"Oh really?" Amanda said. "You know, Stetson, for a spy you're not that observant when it comes to your own child. I swear sometimes that you still see her as a seven-year old with pigtails."

"That's not true," Lee said. "I know that Jenna's growing up. I'm fine with it. Mostly."

"Oh, mostly," Amanda said.

"I just don't think she's at the point where she needs a-a-"

"A bra?" Amanda said.

"Yeah that," Lee managed to say. Amanda reached across the table and took his hand, squeezing gently.

"Lee, it really will be okay," she said.

Lee let his thumb gently massage the back of Amanda's knuckles. "It just that it seems like only yesterday that Jenna was learning to walk," he said. "Where did all that time go?"

"Children grow up fast," Amanda said, with a smile. "I still can't believe that Philip and Jamie are grown and gone, and now Jamie's getting married this summer. Jenna's still young, Lee. We have to enjoy the time we have with her now."

"I'm trying to enjoy it, Amanda." Lee said, "But most of these days I feel like I'm riding a roller coaster and someone's forgotten to stop the ride."

"Well no one ever said that raising a teenage daughter would be easy," Amanda said, giving Lee's hand another squeeze before she stood. She gathered up the breakfast dishes and took them from the nook into the kitchen, filling the sink with soapy water.

"Mom, I'm ready to go," Jenna called as she came downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Okay, sweetheart," Amanda said. "But sit down first- before we go anywhere you're going to eat some breakfast."

"Mom, I'm really not hungry," Jenna said. "Can't we just go?"

"Jenna Leigh, I don't want to hear it," Amanda said. "You know what breakfast is?"

"The most important meal of the day," Jenna said, "Can I have a toaster strudel?"

"Well if that's really what you want," Amanda said.

Lee watched his daughter as she came in to the breakfast nook area, sitting down at the table opposite him. This time he really looked, and somehow managed not to spew his coffee all over the table.

Dear God in Heaven, Lee thought weakly; Amanda hadn't been exaggerating at all.

"Jenna, just what on earth do you think you're wearing?" He said.

Jenna looked down at herself and then back up at Lee, her brow knitted with confusion.
"Dad it's a t-shirt," she said. "You gave it to me for my birthday, remember?"

Lee remembered, but he didn't think he remembered the shirt fitting quite like that.

"I just think it might be a little cold outside for that shirt," he told Jenna. "Maybe you want to wear a sweatshirt or a sweater instead."

"It's going to be 75 degrees today," Jenna said.

"Well then maybe you could wear a bigger shirt," Lee said. "That shirt really is a little small."

"But dad it looked just fine in the mirror," Jenna said. She was frowning now. "I don't think it's too small at all."

Lee sighed. "Do you have to argue with everything I say?" He said. "Why can't you just agree with me for once?"

"Lee there's nothing wrong with that shirt," Amanda said as she came in from the kitchen and put a toaster strudel and a glass of orange juice in front of Jenna. "It looks perfectly appropriate."

Both his wife and daughter were looking at him now; Lee knew when he was beaten.

"Fine," he said. "It's fine." Lee picked up the newspaper again and held it in front of his face, pretending to be fascinated in the latest stock reports.

"Mom do you think maybe I should get a black bra?" Jenna asked. "Francine said that a black bra works best under a white shirt or blouse."

Lee's hands clenched, clutching the sides of the newspaper. He was going to have a serious talk with Francine about the kind of things she said to his daughter, he decided.

"Ah- well," Amanda said. "Francine has a point, sweetheart, but I think for someone your age maybe a tan-colored bra will look best."

"Okay," Jenna said. "And don't forget I still need a strapless bra too."

"I haven't forgotten," Amanda said.

Lee put the paper down on the table with a slight thump. "A strapless bra?" He said, fighting to keep his voice calm-sounding. "Why do you need that?"

"Our dance team is learning to cha-cha and the teacher wants us to wear these halter dresses," Jenna told him, a slight shadow crossing her face as she spoke. "I don't know why we have to do it-I'm really bad at holding my frame and the heels really make my bad leg hurt."

The look on his daughter's face when she talked about her leg reminded Lee of all the things that Jenna had already been through in her short life.

No one ever said that raising a teenage daughter would be easy, Amanda had told him. And suddenly all the arguments over the bra and the t-shirt seemed a little petty.

"Jenna, look, if the shoes hurt you maybe you should tell the teacher," Lee said, his voice softening slightly. "I'm sure she'll let you wear something else. And your Mom and I can help you with the dance, we do a pretty mean cha-cha together."

"Yes we do," Amanda said, smiling at Lee.

"Thanks," Jenna said, her face lighting up. "That would be great."

"Well come on sweetheart," Amanda said, grabbing her keys and an umbrella. "We need to get a move on if we're going to be back before lunchtime."

"Okay Mom," Jenna said as she stood. She gave Lee a hug. "See you later, Dad-I love you."

"Love you too, munchkin," Lee said. He followed his wife and daughter to the door, catching Amanda just as she was about to leave.

"I love you too, Mrs. Stetson," he murmured. "I'll see you later."

"Count on it," Amanda said, and their lips met in a kiss.

"Oh come on," Jenna groaned.

Amanda broke the kiss reluctantly, mouthing the words `later' and smiling as Lee winked and blew her a kiss. Lee stood by the door watching until his wife and daughter got into the Taurus and drove away.

The phone rang and Lee picked it up. "Hello?" He said.

"Is Jenna there?" A boy's voice said.

"No," Lee said. "She's gone shopping with her mother. Who is this?"

"Paul Davidson," the boy said. "I just wondered if Jenna wanted to go to the movies with me tonight. She's a really cute girl."

The way that Paul Davidson said `really cute girl' made Lee's stomach twist into little knots.

"No," Lee said, fighting to keep his cool. "She does not want to go out to the movies at all with you because she's much too young to go out on dates. Understand?"

"But Jenna said that she would really like to sometime," Paul said.

"Well I'm Jenna's father and the decision is mine," Lee said. "The answer is still no. Please don't call here again."

Lee hung up the phone and sank down into a nearby armchair. Once Jenna got home, Lee decided, they were all going to have another long talk.

The End
Chapter 2 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge
I picked up my shopping list and scanned it. I'd forgotten to write down SHEETS. I checked making sure I wasn't forgetting anything.

I grabbed the KEYS from the end table. In my rush I hit the edge with my leg. Ouch. That hurt. I began to MASSAGE it.

Pain now a distant memory I decided it was time to leave. I noticed the picture in the hallway was crooked and straightened the FRAME.

I got my coat out of the closet. Maybe I should bring my UMBRELLA? There was a chance of rain.

"Ready, mother?"

"Yes, Amanda. Let's go."
The Sun of a Rainy Day - Monica by Friday Challenge
The Sun of a Rainy Day

Amanda King was angry, but beyond all that she was sad, she was sure that her partner would never, never accept her, as an equal at work or something more in his life.

They were friends but she needed more, and he needed more too. His loneliness made her soul craved to take him in her arms and keep him close to her body till all the chill inside his heart would leave place for warmth.

She stepped out of her Station Wagon, she was wet, tired, and the sadness put led in her shoes.

"Why, it has to be so hard, why I have to fight so hard for my place beside him? Maybe that was said wrong just now or maybe that was her thoughts voice, a voice, lately, harder and harder to ignore.

She was honest with herself, even if it was impossible to be with him, She was in love with Lee Stetson, her partner, the man behind the mask of the Scarecrow- The Agent, The Spy- a slight giggle resound in the silence of the house- of course he wasn't a spy, he was an Intellingence Operative- yes like I said A spy!

For three long years she longed for him to return her feelings. There were times when she was sure that he would, and times like today, when she was back on the stairs of the Jefferson Memorial, with Lee trying to get rid of her.

But like all the things in her life, the worthy ones deserve a struggle, and that one was the toughest. She fought him every single moment, from the day he gave her the package till today.

Taking today for example: it wasn't her fault that he lost his car keys, she took them from the ignition and gave 'em to him. So he had them and he lost them, but that didn't matter -the yelling started.

While talking to herself, Amanda climb the stairs to her bedroom, all she wanted was a warm bath and then slide between the sheets and sleep.

Looking at the water filling the tub, her thoughts moved at the rain which start pouring while he was shouting, like it was her fault again that they didn't have an umbrella.

The bath was wonderful, but the chill from deep in her soul was gaining place and a shiver pass through her body.

Her bed and covers with their warmth were calling her, so she got out and put her robe. Stepping outside the bathroom Amanda, was startled by a presence in her room. A second later she relaxed; she wasn't scared, she could recognize that frame from hundreds, it was Lee.

Tying the sash or her robe tighter, she whispered -even if it wasn't necessary, she was alone in the house.

"Lee, what are you doing here? What do you need? More reprimands? It is also my fault that is still raining and that Auggie didn't show? Go ahead, say what you want and then go, I'm cold, tired, and all I want is to crawl in bed and sleep for three days, at least."

Lee never heard her voice, so sad before, and the guilt, which already brought him there, weight a ton on his heart. Why did he treat her so bad, when she was so precious to him, when
she was everything to him, when he loved her so much?

He knew why, he was afraid she would disappear. Part of him knew she would stay with him no matter what, after all he did everything in his power to made her quit-in her first months at the Agency and she proved him: She was good at her work, they were good working together.

The other part of him was afraid that she would get back with Joe, or with any other man, interested in her.

Amanda knew, that today she wasn't able to hide her feelings from his searching eyes, and turn to face the window, asking again: "Lee, answer me, why are you here?"

She didn't heard his steps and shivered feeling his hands, giving a gentle massage to her shoulders and arms. The warmth and gentleness got through the thick material of the robe right to her heart and Amanda lean on him searching more of that warmth and Lee didn't deny
her that, he, his soul too needing that closeness.

Amanda watched speechless his hands circling her waist coming to rest on her own fingers on the knot of the sash, and a second later just a heartbeat away from her ear his voice:

"Forgive me Amanda, I don't know what's wrong with me lately, or better I know and don't know how to deal with it."

His voice was like a sensual waltz and her soul invited his to dance.

It wasn't necessary to speak or to look at him, his hands tightening their hold on her, his heart beat and his voice told her all she needed to know. Lee Stetson was there to stay, his heart welcomed her inside and for the first time after months of insecurity Amanda was able to see and feel the sun, even in this rainy day.

End
Chapter 4 - Julie T by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Characters and episodes mentioned in this fanfic from the TV show Scarecrow and Mrs. King do not belong to me, but to Shoot the Moon and Warner Brothers et als. I am just borrowing them for some fun.

Timeline: During Season 3
Scene: Amanda's backyard.
Lee had been hunkered down in Amanda's garden for the past three hours or so hoping for the chance to see her for a few minutes. Even if he didn't get to actually "see" her or talk to her, he would be happy just to watch her from afar as she interacted with her family.

Geez, he thought, I am acting like some weird stalker or something, I mean only stalkers sit in women's gardens for hours on end watching them, right? Nah, I just want to make sure she is safe and happy, plus it is difficult to be able to see her in a "normal" fashion when she can't very well tell her family anything about me.

He was so busy rationalizing why he was here in Amanda's backyard that he had failed to notice the storm that had been approaching. He swore under his breath as the sky suddenly opened up and the rain began coming down in SHEETS. He realized he didn't have an UMBRELLA, or anything for that matter, to keep him from getting soaked nearly to the bone.

An umbrella??? What am I thinking, anyway? I couldn't very well sit out in Amanda's backyard with an umbrella up -- yeah that would be really inconspicuous now wouldn't it, Stetson?

As he stood up to take his leave, his leg seized up from where he had been crouching down for so long. He gasped as it really grabbed and then began to MASSAGE the offending muscle. Finally it eased up, only to be followed by his leg "going to sleep" and losing any feeling it had left.

"Damn it!" he said in a whisper as he attempted to walk on a leg he could barely feel. He was concentrating so hard on not making any noise and alarming Amanda or her family, that he failed to notice that his KEYS were hanging precariously out of the pocket of his jeans. The next thing he heard was "jingle" and then "splash".

Yes, he really did just drop his keys into the biggest mud puddle he had ever seen in Amanda's backyard. What else was going to happen to him tonight he wondered. He only hoped the puddle hadn't fried his remote for the Vette's alarm.

As he bent to retrieve his keys from the newly-formed lake that had swallowed them, he noticed movement in Amanda's kitchen. And there she was. Amanda was standing there so perfectly in the "FRAME" of the window as she began to do the dinner dishes. He didn't think he'd ever seen such a beautiful sight. He wondered what she was thinking as she was washing up the dinner plates. Was she hoping he'd pop up right in front of her as he had done so many times the past two and half years or so? He couldn't really tell by the look on her face. Unfortunately, he wouldn't be popping up in her window tonight. He wasn't about to let her see him looking like a drowned rat. At least he had been able to see Amanda tonight, and the evening spent in her very rainy backyard had not been a total bust. Scarecrow had indeed been rewarded for his efforts!
Chapter 5 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge
SHEETS of rain pelted the windows. Amanda shook her UMBRELLA and placed her KEYS in her purse.

She scouted for the team she'd come to watch play. Lisson Lanes annual Bowl-a-thon was nearing an end. The IFF team had come up the ranks and now played in the semi-finals.

She found a chair and sat down.

"Wish me luck." Lee kissed her and began to MASSAGE her huge belly. "If I get a strike in this last FRAME, I'll have a perfect score."

"Good luck." In a million years she never thought Lee would take up bowling. And like it!
Chapter 6 - Jenn by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
Afternoon Ladies:

3 weeks in a row--getting kind of scared now that I keep coming up with challenge ideas. Anyway this is a continuation of a challenge story I wrote back in March for the April's Fool challenge to write something funny. That response had Dotty and the boys going to training with Effraim. Well they survived the morning or maybe Beaman survived dealing with them...who knows. But here's what happens in the afternoon. As always I don't own them but it sure would be fun. Hope you all enjoy!
"Good Afternoon, Mrs. West, Philip and Jamie. I am Dr. Stanley Chow, the instructor here at the Agency for self defense and hand-to-hand combat classes," said the man known to many people in the Agency as Dr. Pain. His introduction came as the West-King-Stetson family entered the room for their latest Agency training course.

"Hey worm brain, this guy is not much bigger than you are. Maybe you have a chance after all," Philip quietly teased as he faced the somewhat diminutive FRAME of their latest instructor.

"Young Mr. King, I assure you that size has very little to do with your ability to defend yourself should the need arise. And please do not call your brother names in my presence," Dr. Chow chastised. Philip and Jamie glanced at each other nervously.

"There are several KEYS to defending yourself from an attack that we will talk about and demonstrate today," Dr. Chow began.

Noticing that Effraim Beaman was quietly trying to sneak out the door, he quickly called out, "Effraim, would you mind staying to help with some of our demonstrations? My assistant was injured yesterday in a bit of a training mishap, and I could really use your help. I'm sure Scarecrow would appreciate it."

"Um, well, I really have to get back to the classroom. I have these reports to review," Beaman explained as he held up the SHEETS of paper collected from the latest freshmen class.

"Don't worry; I assure you this won't take long. Scarecrow just wanted Mrs. West to learn a few basic techniques for times when she is out by herself. He is planning to teach the boys on his own. Now, let us begin. As I was saying, there are several keys to defending yourself from an attack. The first is to know your surroundings and be aware of items that could be used to aid in your defense," Dr. Chow lectured.

"Do you mean like knowing my way around stores? I do shop at several different stores for our groceries each week since we have two growing boys here and need to stretch our dollar as much as possible. And now, with Lee in the mix, I'm sure I will be shopping even more. Dr. Chow, do you really think that spies from somewhere like Russia would really want to go after me?" Dotty questioned nervously, never really grasping the possibility of any danger before this moment.

"Yes, Mrs. West, unfortunately it is a remote possibility that in order to try and hurt an agent someone will go after the agent's family. But I guarantee you that the Agency makes every effort to protect our agents' families. Also, if you are anything like your daughter, I have no doubt that you can take care of yourself. Here in this box I have several common, everyday items that you might have with you at any given time. Feel free to look through the box and take out any items that you would typically have with you." Dr. Chow suggested bringing out of a box of odd items for Dotty to pick through.

"Well let me see here. I always have my purse with me so I will grab that. And if it's raining out, I would probably have my UMBRELLA, so I will grab that too." Dotty replied with items in hand.

"Excellent choices, Mrs. West. Now, how might you use each of those items to protect yourself? Please demonstrate for us by pretending that Beaman is the attacker."

"Well that's easy. I could bop the attacker over the head with my purse. Trust me; I have a lot more stuff in my purse than this, so I'm sure it would pack quite a wallop. And the umbrella, well I guess I could hit him with that, too," Dotty replied as she slowly walked over to Beaman and began to demonstrate her technique by hitting him repeatedly on the head with both the purse and the umbrella.

"Outstanding job, Mrs. West! You obviously don't need much instruction from me. You think on your feet just like your daughter. Wouldn't you say so, Effraim?" Dr. Chow congratulated Dotty as he pulled her away from her would-be assailant.

"Um, yeah, she's a natural just like Mrs. King." Beaman replied as he slowly began to MASSAGE his temple.

As Dotty and the boys followed Beaman from the room Dotty asked, "Why in the world would they call such a nice little man Dr. Pain?" Beaman just rolled his eyes and groaned softly as he guided the family back through the Agency hallways.
Monthly - Jennifer C by Friday Challenge
Monthly

Saturday, June 22, 2002

9:30 AM

"Are you sure you have to go?" Lee said.

Amanda grabbed her purse and picked up her keys. "Lee, Mother `s really looking forward to this estate sale and we'll only be gone for the day. Manassas really isn't all that far- I'm sure you can survive one day without me."

Lee wrapped his arms around his wife, pulling her slender frame close. "Probably," he said, "but it's definitely more fun to spend a day with you." He leaned down, his lips meeting her own in a brief but passionate kiss.

"I can't argue with you there," Amanda said, slightly breathless now. She ran one hand down Lee's arm. "But there's plenty of time for that this evening, you know."

"There better be," Lee said. Amanda smiled and Lee bent down to kiss her again.

Thud!

The sound came from upstairs-to Lee it felt as though the very walls were shaking. The first thud was followed by several others in quick succession-reminding Lee of a scene from the Jurassic Park movie he'd watched with Amanda the night before. His hand reached up to massage his temple-already he could feel a headache beginning to blossom.

"You're really going to leave me alone for the whole day with Miss Moody?" Lee said.

"I think you might be exaggerating," Amanda said. As if on cue, they both heard the sound of a door slamming.

"Does that sound like an exaggeration to you?" Lee said.

Amanda raised her voice. "Jenna Leigh Stetson, what have I told you about slamming doors?"

There was a pause. "Sorry, Mom," came the faint reply.

"What exactly did you say to her, anyway?" Amanda said. "I heard you two having a discussion earlier."

"Does it matter?" Lee said. "Everything I've said to her these past few days has been the wrong thing. I've never seen Jenna act this way before."

"Lee-" Amanda said. "Just tell me what you said."

Lee sighed. "Well you know she wants to go to the Overlee Community Pool with her friends today," he said. Amanda nodded. "This morning she told me that the swimsuit that we'd bought her last year is too small."

"I see-and then what did you say?" Amanda said.

"All I said was that people's bodies change when they get older and now she thinks I'm saying that she's fat," Lee said.

"We can always buy Jenna a new swimsuit," Amanda reminded him. "She gets a new one around this time every year."

"I was going to tell her that," Lee said. "But she got so upset that I didn't really get the chance."

"Well girls are very sensitive about their bodies, especially at Jenna's age," Amanda reminded him. "I know I was."

"Amanda, these days she's very sensitive about everything," Lee said.

"Well that's typical too," Amanda said. Just then the doorbell rang. "That's probably mother," she said. "Should I take the umbrella? They said this morning that there was a 40% chance of rain."

"Really? I didn't know we were still listening to Dan's weather forecasts," Lee said with a teasing smile. "But yeah, I guess you should take it just in case."

"Have a great day, Mr. Stetson," Amanda said, as yet another thud came from upstairs.

"Very funny, Mrs. Stetson," Lee said, giving his wife a hug followed by a slightly longer kiss. "I have a feeling you'll have a better time than I will." The doorbell rang again.

"Coming, Mother!" Amanda called, grabbing the umbrella and opening the door. "Lee I have my cell phone- if there's any kind of emergency you can reach me. See you tonight?"

"Count on it," Lee said.

SMK SMK SMK SMK

11:00 AM

Time to declare a truce, Lee decided, walking up the stairs. Besides, Jenna had stayed up here for so long that he was really beginning to worry about her. The door to her room was closed. Lee knocked on her door.

"Go away," came the muffled-sounding response.

"Jenna, look-I'm sorry about what I said," Lee said. "I didn't mean it the way it sounded, munchkin-and there's definitely nothing wrong with the way you look. Can I please come in?"

There was a long silence. "Okay," Jenna said finally. Lee pushed open the door.

The first thing he noticed was Jenna's bedclothes-she'd taken them off the bed and put them into her hamper-sheets, bedspread-even her mattress pad was in the hamper. Jenna was wearing a pair of sweatpants and a baggy sweatshirt and lying on her stomach with her face in her pillow.

"What do you want?" She said.

Lee sat down on the bed beside his daughter. "I just wanted to say that I could take you shopping for a new swimsuit before you go to the pool today," he said.

"I'm not going to the pool today." Jenna said.

"Why not?" Lee asked.

"I don't want to talk about it," Jenna said. "Can you please go now, dad? I just want to be by myself."

"Jenna, don't be this way," Lee said, reaching out his hand to smooth her hair. "Just tell me why you won't go-and please just look at me?"

Jenna lifted her head, revealing a tearstained face. "I can't go to the pool," she said in a choked-up voice. "It's not possible because I-"

It broke Lee's heart to see his daughter like this. "Because you what?" he said gently, preparing himself to hear whatever Jenna had to say. "Just tell me-whatever it is, it'll be okay, I promise."

Jenna took one deep breath and then another. "Okay," she said. "I can't because-because I started my period this morning."

"Oh," Lee said, his heart suddenly racing. Now he knew why she'd been so moody lately, and why the bedclothes were in the hamper. Lee wished Amanda were here right now-she'd know all the right things to say. "Oh," he managed again.

Jenna wiped her face with her hand. "Is that all you can say?"

"Pretty much, yeah." Lee said. He ran one hand threw his hair and took in a deep breath before letting it out in a whoosh. "Do you need me to get you to get you-you know-any things? Or something for pain?"

"No, mom bought me some pads and Midol about a month ago," Jenna said. "She said it was just in case. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon, I guess. It's already happened to my friends-Christy started hers when she was eleven and Lisa started when she was twelve and I was hoping it would happen to me-only now I'm not so sure why I wanted it." She looked at Dad. "Do you know what I mean?"

God, he was seriously out of his depth here, Lee thought, trying to take in his daughter's ramble. "I know," he said finally, giving Jenna's hand an awkward pat. "But it's something that eventually happens to every girl- every woman, I mean-and it's a confusing time. But I promise it really will be okay."

For a moment Jenna just stared at him. Then to Lee's complete surprise she suddenly wrapped her arms around him and gave him a tight hug. "Thanks Dad," she said.

The End
Chapter 8 - Anne by Friday Challenge
Tap-tap-tap went the pencil on the desk. I glanced at the SHEETS of paper in front of me, accidentally kicking an UMBELLRA belonging to a lady who sat next to me. I walked up front, handing the papers to a grouchily looking woman. I began to MASSAGE my temples, nervously
waiting.

"Mr. King, you passed," she said. "Please step into the FRAME."

Yes, I had my learners permit! "Lee, can I drive home?" I asked excitedly.

He tossed me the KEYS to the Wagoneer. "I thought you might want to drive. Why do you think I drove your mom's car?"
Chapter 9 - Sue by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
This is just a piece of fluff. It takes place in that little apartment-for lack of a better word--they stayed at in Stemwinder Pt 2. I wanted to re-watch the episode but never had the chance so I apologize in advance if I got things wrong.

The usual annoying disclaimers apply.
Amanda had finally convinced Lee to lay down for a bit and snuggled next to him on the lumpiest mattress she'd ever had the misfortune of sleeping on. He slept deeply. His body still fighting the effects of whatever drug Sonja slipped him. She wiggled around trying to get more comfortable but gave up when a broken spring stabbed her in the back. Careful not to wake him, she slipped out of bed pulling the SHEETS around him.

She sat on the plaid sofa in the tiny living room and let the events of the past two days play out in her mind. Someone built a nice, neat FRAME around her and Lee and they had to figure out who, before it was too late.

Popping off the couch, she began to pace back and forth. Her foot caught on something. She looked down and spotted an ugly, purple UMBRELLA that must have been left by a previous occupant. She stuck it in a corner and started pacing again.

She had to find a way to get past the fact that people she worked with, considered friends, were now trying to arrest them for treason. Taking a few deep breaths, she pushed her emotions aside and began to look logically at the case from the very beginning. Given enough time, she was sure she'd find the KEYS to unlocking this mystery. Time was a luxury they couldn't afford.

She rested her head on the back of the couch and rubbed her temples. A dull headache was forming at the base of her neck, a sure sign she was stressed and longed for one of Lee's world famous MASSAGES. As soon as this was over, she promised herself, closing her eyes.

End
A New Address, A New Girlfriend - Tera by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
OK - this one ended up not quite being what I originally thought, but hey, I gotta do what Zena says or else she might run away. She's been known to do that, and for long periods of time. I still think that's when she's hanging out with Elmo, but so far, surveillance has turned up nothing.

This one is set between Season 3 and Season 4.
A New Address, A New Girlfriend

The summer of 1986 heralded in quite a few changes for Lee Stetson. The first of which was yet another change of address. Now, in Lee's life there had been more than a few of those address changes. He'd seen numerous of them while being raised by his uncle and then a few more after becoming an agent. The moves during his childhood had been necessitated by his uncle's career in the military. The ones as an adult were because of his own career, even though a very young Lee Stetson had vowed not to follow in any of his uncle's footsteps.

It was a little ironic then that Lee hardly stayed in one place for more than a year but as a Federal agent, it made only good sense to do just that. It was safer that way and besides, it prevented
boredom.

Lee had never really liked the feeling of being settled and had never aspired to put roots down anywhere. He didn't feel the need for permanent commitments of any sort, not where he lived and not in his personal relations with other people. Making commitments was something that normal everyday people did and Scarecrow had never wanted any part of that normal world.

He had liked his life just the way it was, unbalanced and unpredictable, dangerous and exciting, filled with circumstances that called for spontaneity and making up the rules as he went.

Once upon a time that's how he used to like it.

With the arrival of summer, a whole new era in his life was being ushered in, whether he wanted it or not.

The first change had to do with his apartment that he was currently residing in. The former landlord had sold it to another and the new owner was jacking up the rent considerably. This notification had found Lee fuming and pacing the Q-Bureau one morning until Amanda had
gently suggested that he move.

He'd grumbled at first, trying to tell her that it would take weeks to find a place and that it couldn't be just any place. It had to have location, it had to have a certain style, and of course, it had to fit within his budget. After all, Lee had teased her, being a Federal agent might lead to guts and glory scenarios as far as national security was concerned but the pay was far from glorious. And besides, he had argued that he only had until the end of the month to let the new landlord know if he would be continuing to lease his apartment.

Amanda, in all of her infinite patience and wisdom had simply told him that it would all work out, but Lee, ever the skeptic, had scoffed at the notion of anything playing out that smoothly.
However, in the end Amanda had been right and it had been amazing to see how well everything had actually proceeded.

Everything about his new apartment far exceeded his stipulations. The location couldn't have been better, the rent was very reasonable, and the actual move had gone off without so much as one hitch.

So, that was the first of the changes that occurred for Lee Stetson during the summer of 1986 and, while he might have thought that it was good, the other change was far better. For while the first change had involved a physical change of address for the Scarecrow, the second had more of an emotional and personal impact upon the former lone-wolf agent.

Lee Stetson now had a girlfriend.

She wasn't a bimbo, her name didn't end in an "i", and she was most certainly expecting a lot more than just a one-night stand.

All of which couldn't have pleased Lee any more than it already did for it was his beautiful, intelligent, funny and wonderful partner that had replaced all of that old nonsense. And to think, she had been under his nose the whole time and it had taken him far too long to realize it. Okay, so he had been an idiot but his Amanda hadn't seemed to mind. Patience was a virtue and therefore, in Lee's mind Amanda had to be the most virtuous person he'd ever met.

And today, he and Amanda were going shopping for his new apartment. Shopping, something that Lee didn't really like to do and something only normal couples would do, but now, considering all the changes in his life, Lee Stetson was actually looking forward to it.

*** - SMK - *** - SMK - ***

Their Saturday morning shopping expedition had gone rather well. It hadn't taken long for Amanda to find a new set of sheets and a new comforter set that not only was bargain priced but would look wonderful in Lee's new bedroom. With her eye for color and budget-minded savvy, they'd also been able to get color-coordinated items for in his new bathroom and still stay within the allotted amount that Lee had wanted to spend.

Their next stop was to get additional keys for the new apartment made and then they headed to a quaint little café for a relaxing lunch, both content to enjoy their time together without any worries. The food was excellent and they chatted about nothing and everything, as they had been prone to do lately.

While they were inside enjoying their lunch, the overcast skies finally gave in to the rain that had been predicted for that afternoon.

"Oh no," Amanda groaned as she watched the rain come down in buckets.

"What's the matter?" Lee asked.

"I forgot to bring my umbrella," she told him.

Lee just smiled.

"I don't think we'll melt," he replied as he watched her from across the table, suddenly finding himself very fascinated with how beautiful she looked today.

Her dark hair was pulled up, a few stray tendrils working their way loose to give it a casual look that he found quite refreshing after the fresh from the beauty salon, heavily hair sprayed and perfectly coifed ladies that he had used to date.

Lee had the sudden urge to unclip Amanda's hair so that it could tumble free and he could run his fingers through it.

While he had been gazing at her, his hand had found hers across the table. His fingers had caressed over hers, the pleasant sensation caused by the light massage and of the skin to skin contact spreading throughout his entire body.

Suddenly the restaurant was becoming rather warm and suffocating and Lee wanted nothing more than to escape its close confines and head back to his apartment, with Amanda.

*** - SMK - *** - SMK - ***

Once they had gotten back to his new apartment, Amanda insisted on putting the new sheets and comforter set on his bed so that she could reassure herself that they did indeed look as good as what they had hoped while in the store.

Far be it from Lee to deny her anything, so he told her to go right ahead, that he had something he needed to do.

Amanda set about her task and soon had it finished. She was standing back from the bed, admiring how nice it looked when she sensed his presence. She turned around and found him standing in the frame of the door, wearing that sexy smile that just melted her resistance to
him. And to think, she had once found him to be nothing more than a pesky annoyance.

How could any man look that good and how could any woman be expected to resist him, she thought to herself. Dressed as he was in faded old jeans and a tight fitting tee, standing there barefoot and holding a small box in his hand, well, of course she was going to melt.

"What's that?" she asked as she eyed the box curiously.

"This?"

He looked down at it.

"Oh, it's nothing."

"Come on, what is it?" she asked as she moved closer to him.

Lee chuckled, he'd known it wouldn't take her long to notice it.

He handed it to her.

"It's for you," he told her.

Surprise surfaced in her eyes. She hadn't been expecting anything from him. After all, it was not any special day that she was aware of and as a mother she was certainly aware of every holiday on the calendar.

Her interest piqued, she quickly opened it.

When she saw what was in it she exhaled softly.

"Keys," she whispered as she took the shiny objects out of the box.

"One for the Vette and one for the apartment. I, ah," Lee stammered a bit. "Well, you know, you should have a set as well," he tried to explain, obviously looking a bit awkward.

Amanda knew that this was a very big step for her partner and she moved in to him, closing off any distance between them. Then she stood up on her tiptoes and kissed him gently on the cheek.

When she pulled away, she saw the pleased grin that he was wearing upon his handsome face and that told her far more than his awkward words could.

"Lee, you didn't have to do this," she said softly.

"Amanda, these past few weeks have been wonderful. I've been enjoying getting to know you and I think you've been enjoying it as well. You've been such a help with all of this," he told her as he waved one hand around in the air to indicate the apartment. "I just wanted to let you know that you are welcome anytime, all of the time."

"Oh Lee," Amanda whispered as she moved to give him an almost innocent kiss.

A kiss that at one time would have been far more than Lee would have expected and would have served perfectly fine for reciprocation but at this moment, innocent wasn't exactly what Lee had in mind.

Lee's only question was this - what exactly did Amanda have in mind?

Will Lee find out the answer?

Will they get to rumple the sheets - get to break them in?

Only Zena knows and she's not telling right now.
Chapter 11- Sue by Friday Challenge
He drove the sleek sports car down the street, parking a few doors down from her home. Turning off the ignition, he slipped the keys into his pocket and turned to face the sexy woman sitting next to him. She meant the world to him and he counted himself lucky to have finally realized that. He hoped to one day to get up the nerve to tell her.

The earlier summer shower had turned into a downpour and sheets of water teemed over the car windows cocooning them in their own little world. Very gently, her hands framed his face and she tugged him closer for a sweet kiss. A kiss which he immediately deepened. Her hands found their way into his hair and she began massaging his scalp, turning him to mush.

He tried to pull her closer but the damn gear shift got in the way. His blood boiled and he needed to touch her, taste her. He broke the kiss. "Let's go back to my place," he panted.

"Mine's closer," she rasped and drew him to her lips again.

"You're family's home."

She pulled back. "The house is dark. Everyone is asleep. We can tip-toe in the back door."

He didn't need any more encouragement. Opening the car door, he reached into the map pocket and pulled out an umbrella. He walked around the front of the car, assisted his love out and held her snugly to his side and out of the rain. They ran to the back door he pulled her close for another breath-stealing kiss before they quietly snuck into her kitchen.

She took his hand and led him to her bedroom. She pulled him tight to her and kissed him once more.

"Oh, Dotty, you make my head spin." He whispered.

End
Chapter 12 - Julie R by Friday Challenge
Amanda turned over in bed and pulled the sheets closer to her body she was still asleep but starting to feel cold.

"Amanda."

She groaned and covered her head suddenly the light in the room was waking her up and the voice was pushing her to the land of real life. She had experienced some really strange dreams which made her feel embarrassed more than anything else.

"Amanda wake up sweetie."

Amanda suddenly sat up like a shot and looked at the other side of the bed.

"Oh my Gooosh"

"Amanda calm down, it is not your fault it is not mine either, it just happened"

Amanda looked at herself and grabbed the sheets pulling them over her bare skin. "Oh my gosh" She repeated.

She looked at the photo on the bedside cabinet of her in her wedding dress and the man stood next to her. It was all coming back to her. It even had the beautiful pearl coloured frame that was bought for them by her mother.

"I have to go" Amanda said she jumped out of bed and tried her best to find her clothes. She managed to get dressed and find her purse but she could not for the life of her remember where she had put her keys and umbrella.

She ran to the front door and put on her shoes just to be intercepted by the man she would rather not look at right now.

"Here is your keys and umbrella and I need you to give a message to Dotty and the Boys."

Amanda sighed "Okay"

"Tell them I love them and I will come and see them next week... Please do that at least."

Amanda looked up at him, took a deep breath and smiled. "Joe I love you very much but this is not us getting back together"

"I know." Joe looked at the ground suddenly feeling sad again.

"I love you so much but this just never worked." She reached out and touched his face. "Please look after yourself when you leave tomorrow."

Joe stepped forward and took Amanda in a tight embrace that showed the power of what their relationship once was.

"I promise you I will look after myself."

Amanda smiled "Thank you". She opened the front door then left. She seriously needed a new life a boyfriend and something to distract her from Joe. She could not keep doing this to herself and to him. Gosh even some excitement would do or a whirlwind romance.

It was not long after this that she met Dean then she met Lee.
This story archived at http://www.wickyarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=338