"I wish we could continue this, but I've got to get this report done." by Friday Challenge
Categories: Scarecrow and Mrs. King Characters: Amanda King, Francine Desmond, Lee Stetson
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 3580 Read: 135807 Published: 12/06/08 Updated: 12/06/08
Story Notes:
Instructions: You must use the above line of dialogue in your story exactly as stated. Don't forget your submission can be any length - from one line to a full-length story - and it can be SMK, B5 or anything else as long as it has a link to either SMK or B5.

1. Chapter 1- Patti by Friday Challenge

2. Not Just a Housewife - Lynda by Friday Challenge

3. Chapter 3 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge

4. Chapter 4 - Sue by Friday Challenge

5. Busted - Julie T by Friday Challenge

6. Chapter 6 - Lynn by Friday Challenge

7. Chapter 7 - Monica by Friday Challenge

8. Chapter 8 - Monica by Friday Challenge

9. The Bet - Wendi by Friday Challenge

10. Chapter 10 - Ange by Friday Challenge

11. Chapter 11 - Sue by Friday Challenge

Chapter 1- Patti by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
This scene is an addition to my response to last week's challenge. It will
be developed into the first part of a story that you encouraged me to think
about. Usual disclaimers apply.
Last week,
After a pleasant meal, the women rummaged through purses as each prepared to
pay a separate check. Amanda held herself in check as she realized the bus
boy had morphed into Fred Fielder. She looked up as Francine placed her bill
before her. She turned it over and read the note. A hostage situation . . .
Lee . . .

Now,

Amanda told herself that she has had enough training and experience not to
look
shell-shocked because of the contents of the note. Her husband was in
trouble in what was most likely a volatile hostage situation. Summoning the
courage she used to be a federal agent, she stood quickly. Covering what the
other PTA moms would assume was an abrupt departure, she spoke. "I wish we
could continue this, but I've got to get this report done. If I don't get back
to work, my boss will have a fit."

"Oh, I know the type, Amanda, quotes the staff handbook to the letter, I'm
certain."

"Yes, well, I had better get going. Call me with the final schedule,
please. Goodbye."

Amanda gathered her things. She twisted the claddagh ring that Lee had
placed on her left hand that morning. She needed to draw on the strength of the
friendship, love and loyalty the ring represented. Amanda joined her fellow
agents and exited through the bar to the waiting brown sedan which would take
her to the other side of the beltway.
Not Just a Housewife - Lynda by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
story didn't go the way I thought the challenge would send me
It felt surreal to Amanda, and real at the same time. She wasn't
going to take it from Francine. Not anymore.

"I am not just a housewife, Francine. I've taken official, approved
Agency courses. I'm a credible agent-in-training." Amanda was in the
bullpen, standing right in front of Francine's desk, where the agent
sat, not making eye contact.

Francine looked up for a moment then lifted a page on something she
was reviewing and put her head back down,"You know, I wish we could
continue this, but I've got to get this report done."

"I want this over with. I am not putting up with ANY more of your
catty remarks," Amanda forcefully said.

"MMMmm hmmm, well, I don't see you doing anything but milk runs and
filing for Lee, so don't go thinking you're one of the Avengers just
yet, okay? Maybe you should scoot on home, Agent 99, it IS after two
and your boys are probably waiting for mommy." Francine looked at
Amanda for only a second then was typing on her computer, staring
like a robot at the screen.

"That does it!" Amanda brought back her right hand and smacked
Francine in the face with all the force she could muster. She was so
angry she could spit nails.

Francine stood and stared at her, bringing her left hand to her
cheek. She said nothing for a full half minute. The sound of the
slap had the whole of the room looking at the two feuding women. "You
hit me."

"Yes, I did hit you. And I'm not sorry. You've been nothing but
mean to me since I joined here, at Mr. Melrose's request, and all I
have ever done was try to help the Agency and help Lee. Maybe you
could show me some respect now."

"Of, of, of course." Francine stammered. "I'm sorry. I should've
seen how helpful you are from the beginning.

Francine seemed sincere. Amanda crossed her arms and nodded, "That's
more like it."

It. It. It. Beep-beep-beep! Amanda sat up with a jerk. The scene
had been a dream. She felt embarassed--how could she have hit
Francine that way, no matter how upset she was? Then Amanda felt the
satisfaction return, remembered the apology and smiled. What harm
had there been? It was only a dream, after all.

The end
Chapter 3 - Cheryl by Friday Challenge
"Sorry, Lee." Jamie glanced over at the kitchen table where he'd left
his homework. "I wish we could continue this, but I've got to get this
report done. It's due tomorrow morning."

"Well how about we spend Saturday afternoon driving around the area to
find the perfect places to take pictures for your collage project."

Jamie thought for a moment. Lee had surprised him with the new camera
recently, which he really liked and he needed to scout locations. Plus
he'd be riding in that cool Corvette all day and that'd make Phillip
jealous. "Cool."

"Great." Lee smiled at him.
Chapter 4 - Sue by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
~~~~ Here is my response. It is A/U, and centers around Ship of Spies. I
hope you enjoy it.~~~~~
Francine sat at an empty table in the break room, peeled off the foil top to
her yogurt, and flipped open the latest issue of Vogue. After all, there was
always another embassy bash to go to, and she was always on the look out for
the latest designer fashion.

She'd lost herself in the world of silks and satins, pearls and lace
ignoring all the other occupants of the lounge. Until a rather boisterous laugh drew
her attention to a table in the corner.

She looked over to the table and discovered fellow agents Duffy and Martin
sharing a pizza. She turned back to her magazine but something Martin said
about Scarecrow working on a cherry assignment, peaked her interest. As far as
she knew, Lee had taken a few vacation days. Casting her eyes at the glossy
paper, she eavesdropped on her colleagues.

"I heard Lee took a few personal days." Duffy confirmed what she knew.

"He did. But only because Billy couldn't spare any active agents right now.
So, he's investigating the tip from his source on his own time."

"That's a lousy way to spend time off."

"Oh, come on, Scarecrow is Billy's golden boy. If this lead pans out, Billy
will give him his days back. Besides, it's not as lousy as you think."

"Oh, really?" Duffy remarked, "How so?"

"Scarecrow's tip led him on a Caribbean cruise. A honeymoon cruise. And the
lucky son-of-a-bitch took Mrs. King along."

Duffy whistled through his teeth. "You don't think Scarecrow and Mrs. King.
. . She's not his type. Besides, Scarecrow is nothing if not a professional.
He wouldn't let a woman get in the way of his work."

That's true, Francine thought. Lee would never get involved with a frumpy
house wife.

"She's female, isn't she?" Martin teased, "She's exactly Scarecrow's type.
And he won't be working twenty-four hours a day. The lucky dog."

"You're right. He's going to have to maintain his cover. It is a honeymoon
cruise after all."

Francine heard enough. She'd find out from Billy exactly what's going on.
She stood and tossed her trash in the basket before heading back into the bull
pen.

~~~

She knocked on Billy's door and let herself in at his "enter." He sat behind
his desk, a half-eaten sandwich within easy reach.

He looked up. "Is there something you needed, Francine?"

"Billy, I just heard that Lee is on a cruise. Is it true?"

"Lee took a few days off. I'm not sure what he's doing with them."

"The rumor around here is Lee's investigating a tip on a cruise and he took
Amanda as back-up."

Billy smiled. "Francine, you know better than to listen to rumors."

"Oh, come on, Billy," she huffed. "You know as well as I do, that rumors
around here are usually true. What I'd like to know is why you sent a civilian
as back-up. I'm a trained professional. If Lee needed a partner for this
assignment it should have been me."

"I didn't send Lee on any assignment. How he chooses to spend his time off
is none of my concern. Nor should it be yours. I wish we could continue this,
but I've got to get this report done. So if you don't mind, I'd like my office
back."

She turned on her heels and stomped her way out of Billy's office, letting
the door slam behind her.

End. . . (continue with original episode)

Authors note: In the original episode, Francine is in Billy's office when
Lee makes his plea to investigate Orlando's message.
Busted - Julie T by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Characters and episodes mentioned in this fanfic from
the TV show Scarecrow and Mrs. King do not belong to me, but to Shoot
the Moon and Warner Brothers et als. I am just borrowing them for
some fun.

Timeline: Just after Stemwinder Part 2
"Busted!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Scarecrow!" Billy called out as he followed Lee down the bustling
Agency hallway.

Lee stopped and turned around to wait for Billy to catch up. As
Billy approached, he said, "Yeah, Billy. What's up? Did you need to
see me about something? If it's about this case report..." Lee said
as he held up the file he was carrying.

"Oh, no, it's not that." Billy interrupted him with a sly
smile. "No, I was just wondering if you and Amanda enjoyed your
dinner at Randy's last night."

"Umm, I am not sure what you mean, Billy." Lee hedged, looking away
from his supervisor nervously.

"Oh, yeah, Jeannie and I decided to go out last night, and we ended
up over at Randy's. Jeannie noticed you and Amanda sitting at a
booth in the back looking very cozy. That was her description
anyway. Anything you'd like to tell me?"

"No, Billy." Lee said quickly. Damn, he thought, we are going to
have to be more careful. He made a mental note to discuss it with
Amanda. He guessed they needed to go places where it was less likely
to run into people they knew if they were going to keep a lid on
their budding relationship.

"Lee? Did I lose you?" Billy asked with a smirk. He could almost
see Lee's "wheels turning" as Lee quickly tried to think of way to
extract himself from this awkward conversation. Billy was thoroughly
enjoying watching his best agent squirm under his mock scrutiny.

"Umm, no Billy. I wish we could continue this, but I've got to get
this report done." Lee said as he turned and jammed the button for
the elevator with his finger.

He stared hard at the elevator doors willing them to open ASAP. It
was not working and out of the corner of his he could see Billy still
standing behind him. What he wouldn't give to just be able to tell
Billy the truth—that he and Amanda had finally begun a serious
relationship and were very much in love. That would surely wipe the
smirk off Billy's face. No matter Billy's teasing, Lee was still
quite sure his friend would be very happy for him and Amanda.

Finally, the elevator doors opened and Lee stepped inside. "See you
later, Billy." he said, flashing that famous Stetson grin as the
doors closed. Lee hoped Amanda would be up in the Q Bureau by now so
he could discuss this with her. Though he doubted Billy would, Lee
would hate for Billy to corner Amanda and start asking questions. No
doubt Amanda would be caught off guard and might give away too much
information in one of her famous rambles. Yes, he needed to take
care of this right away, he thought.

Billy stood watching the elevator doors close. Lee seemed to have
regained his composure by the time he had stepped on the elevator, he
thought. He doubted he and Jeannie would run into Lee and Amanda at
any restaurants in the near future. He had the distinct impression
that Scarecrow would make sure of that.

End
Chapter 6 - Lynn by Friday Challenge
Her head was buried in the report that was scattered over her desk.
Even though she was deep in thought, she did manage to raise her head
when the door opened. The person who teetered into the lobby brought
a twinkle to her eyes but she didn't crack a smile.

"Good Day, Rose, and how are you today?" T. Percival Aquinas inquired.

She didn't answer but simply raised an eyebrow at him.

He fumbled with the rumpled raincoat that was tossed recklessly over
one arm. When she didn't respond, he stepped closer to the desk and
leaned on the front edge.

"Oh, alright," he muttered, today's word is petunia."

It was then she smiled. "Mmm, my favorite."

"The flower or the code word?"

"Why the flower, of course," she smiled coyly.

"Of course and I'll bet your favorite color is deep purple. You
know, they happen to have a beauiful display of violet petunias over
at the Botanical Gardens. Would you be interested in visiting it
with me?"

She blushed at his invitation. She was just about to answer when the
front door opened once again and the Scarecrow and Mrs. King breezed
in. Hurriedly she added, "I wish we could continue this, but I've
got to get this report done."

T.P. didn't have time to answer.

"Hey, T. P., what are you doing here?" Lee asked.

Amanda nodded toward Mrs. Marsten and reached for their badges.

"Good day to you, Scarecrow, ... Mrs. King. I needed to stop by and
uh...return one of Leatherneck's little toys."

Well, it's good to see you. Sorry we can't stay and visit but we're
in a hurry," he said as he ushered Amanda toward the elevator.

In a flash, T.P and Mrs. Marsten were once again alone in the lobby.
T. P. winked at her and gathered his coat to leave. "I'll pick you
up at 5:15."

She smiled at him and waved goodbye. She so looked foward to her
visits from T.P. He always managed to find a way to brighten her day.
She only hoped that the afternoon would pass quickly.

The opening of the elevator doors interrupted her pleasant
thoughts. "We're off again," Lee said as he tossed his badge her way.

Goodbye Mrs. Marsten," Amanda said. "Hope you have a quiet
afternoon," she said as she placed her badge on the desk. Amanda
noted the flushed cheeks of the older woman. As she walked past
her, she could have sworn that she'd seen a smile cross the
features of the stoic Georgetown sentry.

"Lee," she asked once they were in the car, "do you think there might
be something going on between Mrs. Marsten and T.P.?"

"Oh, Amanda!"

The end
Chapter 7 - Monica by Friday Challenge
Lee Stetson emerged refreshed from the bathroom. He needed a shower
after the long exhausted stakeout in the warehouse district, and above
that he came empty handed and had to endure Francine acid barbs about
him mellowing with the years. He could hear her words."

"Tired Scarecrow? What was last night: a visit to the newest bar in
town or the redhead from the steno pool, the one I saw talking with you
yesterday morning?"

He didn't even answer her - she was pure and simply catty - typical 7.00
a.m. Francine.

Lee didn't have time for Francine just now, he was expected at
home, and here he was now.

The top agent wasn't surprised to see his guest already inside,
engrossed in the study of some kind of papers scattered on his coffee
table.

She didn't hear him, so it was right for that day to be another
success of his sneak attacks. More; the nape of her neck had an instant
attraction, he had to kiss it, well he had to kiss her!

It took him only two strides to reach the couch and a second later his
lips made contact with her smooth skin, and the sensual sigh made him
smile against her neck. So he continued the feast on it.

"Lee, I wish we could continue this, but I've got to get this report
done. You know Beaman, he already think I'm here because of you, so I
have to finish the Aerostatik report earlier, so I can spend the rest
of the time with you."

"Amanda! That is a piece of cake, the report, I did it too, come
on, what I do now is more enjoyable."

"Yes it is, but it is something about the floor wax, that didn't match."

"Ok, ok I understand, how can I help."
Chapter 8 - Monica by Friday Challenge
"Oh, please Phillip, don't make me ask a second time, you know the new girls in our class: don't you think it would be great for our chances with them to be seen in your stepfather’s cool car?"

"Yes, I know that will improve 100% our chances, but I don't know. I don't have courage to ask Lee, not that I would be refused, no way, he is the best, but I'm still ashamed about that time I almost messed up his engine! Of course he didn't say anything, but I remember that they used mom's car to go to work, and I know it was me who broke the Vette."

Unnoticed by the two teenagers, Lee Stetson made this way near the gazebo, he didn't want to spy on them but the word "Vette" caught his attention. "What were they up too?"

"Phillip, come on can you simply ask him, to gave us a ride at the Arcade, on Saturday, Mark said he heard them speaking about a visit there!"

"Timmy......" Phillip's words died on his lips when he saw Lee's shadow at gazebo's entrance.

" Ah.... Uhm...I wish we could continue this, but I've got to get this report done, by tomorrow, you know, the one at...History!"

And with those words Timmy pure and simply evaporate himself from their sight.

"You heard, Huh?"

"Yes, Phillip, but before you say something let me first: you didn't do anything wrong that time to the Vette. We didn't use it because it was in the shop for the periodic check up."

" Lee, are you telling me the truth?" Phillip's eyes lit and he gave his stepfather a heartfelt hug.

"Would I lie to you? Now - what about that ride?"
The Bet - Wendi by Friday Challenge
"I wish we could continue this, but I've got to get this report done." Lee was trying hard
not to notice her bottom lip as it slowly inched its way out. "Oh, no. You are not going to start that are you? That is just so unfair."

"But Leeee," Amanda drew out his name, knowing that she was winning her little game
against him. He could never say no when she pouted. "You promised."

She was on the sitting on the counter now with her legs firmly wrapped around him,
pulling him close. She started to lightly kiss his neck, then his earlobe.

"Alright, Alright, Damn woman remind me never to bet against you again." He turned out of her legs as she hopped off the counter. "When your finished you know where I will be … waiting with your report."

"Yeah, yeah." He mumbled as he started to load the dishwasher. How he hated losing a
bet when it meant he had to do chores. He even hated more, when the work excuse
couldn't get him out of it.
Chapter 10 - Ange by Friday Challenge
She stealthy approached her husband from behind. He didn't hear her coming. She started massaging his shoulders and then bent down kissing the sensitive spot around his ear and licking his earlobe.

At first her husband tensed at the sudden assault and then relaxed at the familiar and loving touch. He truly didn't want this to stop but he couldn't let this continue right now. He gently took her hand in his on his shoulder caressing it affectionately. Without missing a beat nor turning away from his papers he said, "I wish we could continue this, but I've got to get this report done."

Her sense of duty finally sunk in over her raging pregnancy hormones. She gave her husband's shoulder a final squeeze before sashaying towards the bedroom. She opened the sliding door before seductively turning and stating, "All right, I'll be waiting," with a twinkle in her eye. In a blink she had the door closed leaving her husband to use his
imagination to what awaited him.

President Sheridan shook his head. If he really didn't have to finish this report for an early morning meeting her would have ravished her immediately. But being the President of the Interstellar Alliance was a huge responsibility he and Delenn took very seriously and they both knew that they would have delayed gratification.

Besides even though John loved Delenn with all his heart and soul, he was getting a bit sore with all the sex wanted caused by hormones. He never imagined that she would get so horny. John even asked Dr. Franklin about it and he said it was normal and that he should enjoy it while it lasted. In the end, he was motivated to finish his report as quickly as possible and maybe he could convince Delenn to give him a full body massage before
going into any more rigorous activities.
Chapter 11 - Sue by Friday Challenge
He and Lee sat next to each other at the dining room table pouring over the
encyclopedia and other photography manuals.

Earlier today, Lee brought him a new camera and a bunch of special lenses.
He was curious about exactly how the picture got on the film and after dinner
Lee pulled out the encyclopedia and they found out all about emulsion and
different color layers. That's all he really wanted to know.

Now, two hours later, Lee was still going on and on about ASA, shutter
speeds, and aperture settings. He learned a valuable lesson, never, ever ask a
movie director a question about photography. Unless you want to be board
senseless.

"Uh, Lee," he said, "I wish we could continue this, but I've got to get this
report done."

"Oh, yeah, okay, chief. Maybe, tomorrow." Lee closed the books and piled
them on shelf.

Phew, that was a close call. Jamie pulled out his History text and began to
work on his paper. He still had two weeks to get it done so he felt a little
guilty. Hopefully, Lee would forget about making him the next Ansel Adams.

End
This story archived at http://www.wickyarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=332