“You gorgeous thing, you!" by Friday Challenge
Summary: January 18, 2008 Challenge Line
Categories: Scarecrow and Mrs. King Characters: Amanda King, Francine Desmond, Leatherneck, Lee Stetson
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 4113 Read: 75929 Published: 10/06/08 Updated: 10/06/08
Story Notes:
Instructions: You must use the above line of dialogue in your story. Don't forget your submission can be any length - from one line to a full-length story - and it can be SMK, B5 or anything else as long as it has a link to either SMK or B5.

1. Surprise - Wendi by Friday Challenge

2. Chapter 2 - Sue by Friday Challenge

3. Chapter 3 - Annette by Friday Challenge

4. Chapter 4 - Julie T by Friday Challenge

5. Chapter 5 - Patti by Friday Challenge

6. Chapter 6 - Monica by Friday Challenge

7. A New Life - Cheryl by Friday Challenge

8. Home is Love - Jan G by Friday Challenge

9. Chapter 9 - Stephy by Friday Challenge

10. Guilty Pleasure - Cheryl by Friday Challenge

11. Chapter 11- Sue by Friday Challenge

Surprise - Wendi by Friday Challenge
Surprise!!

Dotty came home earlier than she told Amanda she would. She thought she would
surprise her daughter by getting to spend some time with her. Ever since Amanda started
dating Lee she didn't get to spend as much time with her as she would have like. So she
though today was a perfect day to do that. She knew Amanda was going to be home all
day and since Lee was out of town she wouldn't be running off anywhere to meet him. She pulled in to the drive and saw Lee's corvette parked out front.

"Hmmm that is weird he is supposed to be out of town." she said talking to herself.

She went inside the house and heard water running. Now her curiosity was peaked, she
went upstairs and heard talking coming from the bathroom. She didn't mean to
snoop...not really, but she couldn't help it. Amanda was being so secretive about Lee and
she thought for sure that something was going on.

She was listening outside the door when she heard "You gorgeous thing, you!"

Dotty gasped she couldn't believe what she was hearing, her Amanda and Lee, `Finally'
she thought `that man is an eleven'

Just then she heard Amanda ask for more towels and the door flew open, out came Lee
running right into Dotty.

"Oh Dotty I am sorry are you O.K.?" Lee asked but Dotty didn't answer she just had a
perplexed look on her face. Lee was fully clothed and when she peered around the corner
so was Amanda.

"Oh, Hi mother I didn't expect you home so early. Lee got home a little while ago and
brought over the boys a gift." With that Amanda lifted up a puppy.

"Oh my so that is what you two were doing up here." Dotty was very happy but a little
disappointed. `If she plans to keep a man like Lee Stetson around she should make better
use of her afternoons off.'
Chapter 2 - Sue by Friday Challenge
Lee caressed her firm rear end. Letting his fingers slide gently over her
curves. He licked his lips and whispered, "come to papa, you gorgeous thing,
you!"

Slowly, he slid into the leather seat and wrapped his hands around the
steering wheel. He smiled as he exited the showroom and sped off to show off his
new baby.

The silver Corvette slowed to a stop on a quiet Arlington street. . .

{ Continue with the tag from Charity Begins at Home.}
Chapter 3 - Annette by Friday Challenge
Amanda and Lee entered Lee's apartment.

"That was a terrific anniversary party for Billy and Jeannie," Amanda said as Lee hung their coats in the closet. "Francine did a wonderful job arranging everything."

"Yes she did", Lee agreed. "The happy couple were very surprised when they entered the hall and discovered a celebration in their honor."

Amanda laughed, "I still can't believe Billy did not find out about it. Nothing gets by him and everyone in the bullpen has been talking about this party for weeks."

"Well if he knew, he put on a great performance tonight. Would you like something to drink?" Lee asked as he led her to the couch.

"Maybe just coffee. You wait here and I will go make us some." Amanda gave him a kiss on the cheek and went into the kitchen.

While she was busy in the kitchen, Lee decided a little music was in order. He turned on the stereo and waited for her to return.

Amanda brought in a tray carrying their coffee and two pieces of cake that she had made him the day before. She put the tray on the table, then felt two strong arms around her waist. "You gorgeous thing, you!" he whispered in her ear. "Come dance with me."

Amanda turned in his embrace. "Didn't we already do a lot of that this evening?"

"Yes we did, Lee nodded, but that was as partners and in front of everyone from the agency." He pulled her close against him and ran his hands up and down her back. "This is how I really wanted to dance with you tonight" he whispered in her ear, then placed soft kisses on the part of her neck he knew would drive her crazy.

Amanda wrapped her arms around him and laid her head on his chest. "You're right, this is much nicer."

No other words were said as they swayed to the sensual rhythm of the song playing in the background, totally lost in each other and the secret love only they shared together.
Chapter 4 - Julie T by Friday Challenge
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclaimer: These characters belong to Shoot the Moon and Warner Brothers et als. I don't own `em, don't want to, just borrow them for some fun!

Timeline: Season One

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lee parked in the back of the dilapidated warehouse in a very bad part of D.C., and slowly got out of the car. He looked around the derelict area with disdain.

Augie, you sure know how to pick the hot spots, Lee thought.

He glanced down at his watch and saw that he was about 10 minutes early for the drop. So, he decided to have a look around the building just in case the situation went south at some point.

Lee made it all the way around to the front of the building when he heard it…a loud cry for help. Immediately, he knew he must go to her and help her escape whatever trouble she was in. He quickly, but cautiously, ran around to the back of the building knowing this could be a trap. There, he saw a couple of thugs surrounding her.

"Slowly step away from her!" he yelled at the thugs who hadn't noticed him approaching. He showed them his 9mm Glock pistol, and that was all the encouragement they needed. Both men turned tail and ran away from him quite quickly. And that was all Lee had really wanted——for them to leave her alone. He hurried over to her to make sure she was ok.

"Are you alright, baby?" Lee asked with concern as he pressed the alarm-off button on the remote. He caressed the hood and fender of his sleek 1963 silver Porsche 356 Speedster and then checked to make sure all of her glass was still intact. Thankfully, he had caught the thugs just in the nick of time before they could do any damage to her.

After he had thoroughly inspected his beloved car, he turned to go back to the warehouse for the drop. He hoped it hadn't been jeopardized by all the commotion.

As he was walking towards the back door, he just couldn't resist looking back at his silver beauty and saying, "You gorgeous thing, you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 5 - Patti by Friday Challenge
"You gorgeous thing, you!"

Dotty West remarked to the flowerbed under the kitchen window, She had just patted the soil surrounding the last plant. She looked up toward Lee and Amanda to thank them for this gift. 'Is that remorse I see in Lee's eyes? I'll ask Amanda when we're alone.'
Chapter 6 - Monica by Friday Challenge
Billy Melrose walked out the closet elevator and turn toward the stairs to Q-Bureau, he knew his best agent, well half of his best team was there. It was Friday, it was late but the difficult case they wrapped up needed some last loose ends tied. They sent Amanda home. She wanted to see her family.

Billy approached the slightly open door, when he heard Lee's full of emotion voice:

"You gorgeous thing, you!"

"What the hell!" Did he bring one of the steno pool girls in, to help him?" thought Billy with a deep frown on the face. He decided to listen more, and then to see how he can bring his star agent on the good track, he thought Lee had some kind of relationship with Amanda. Ok Lee didn't have a good relation with the typewriter but that didn't give him the right to bring a steno-member here.

"You are really gorgeous, you know? I had to get my eyes checked. I can't believe how long it took me to see you. It is like I saw you for the first time, despite you're here for what...3 years, no? How to say to you what you mean to me? How to open my mouth to speak to you, when I barely can speak loud when I'm alone?

"That's it! Enough is enough!"

"Look Scarecrow....."

Billy pushed hard the door, with flames on his eyes prepared to reprimand his agent, but the rest of the words died on his lips, Lee was alone in the Q.

"Where is she, Lee?"

"What are you talking about Billy, Amanda? She's at home!" answered Lee with a puzzled expression on his face.

"Leave Amanda, I know she's at home, who were you talking too, and don't pretend, I heard you loud and clear calling her gorgeous, so once again: Where is she?

"Oh Billy, sit down please, I'm alone up here" Lee raise his hand, when he saw his friend trying to talk, "I was 'talking' to Amanda, Billy."

Lee showed Billy a photo which was lying face down on his desk, it was Amanda's, taken at the embassy party they were the week before.

"Isn't she gorgeous Billy? Look her eyes, her face, her hair her...everything, She is gorgeous Billy!"

Billy Melrose never ever had seen Lee acting and talking like that, and the look in his eyes! Lee was in love.

"Yes she is Lee, but what is the problem here, why do you speak to a photo, and not to the real person?"

A deep sigh emerge from Lee's chest.

"I can't Billy, I am blocked, every time I look at her, every time she looks at me with her wonderful eyes , I'm lost and no words come out from my mouth. And, let's say I somehow manage to talk, how she will react when for the last three years I always said there is nothing personal and emotional between us."

Billy's heartfelt laugh filled the office.

"Lee gave that woman a little credit and gave it to your feelings too, don't you think that she knows by know how do you feel? Lee women are more receptive then us, I assure you she knows how you feel, and from what I saw she feel the same, but she is expecting you to open up."

"Are you sure Billy, What if...."

"None of 'what if's" Lee I'm sure. Go, go and tell her all you said to her picture minutes ago."

"Thanks Billy, see you Monday "

"Tuesday. Lee both off you have the Monday off, with one condition: call me tomorrow and tell me how it worked."

Lee's face lit up instantly, he rose from his chair, put his jacket on, throw the Vette keys in the air, catch them and flew out of the door with: "Deal!"
A New Life - Cheryl by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Scarecrow and Mrs. King and its characters belong to WB and Shoot the Moon Productions. No infringement is intended. This is written for entertainment purposes only. Please do not redistribute or reproduce this story without my permission.

Summary: A new life comes to Francine and Tony.

Note: This story is in answer to the "You gorgeous thing, you!" challenge line. It is set in the world of Francine and Tony and takes place during their first month of dating.

Thanks: Jan for your beta and brainstorming help. Jan has also written a companion piece, `Home is Love.' It chronicles the story from a different POV.
A New Life

Small puddles dotted the sidewalk and there was a damp chill to the night air. But Francine didn't feel it. She basked in the warmth of love of the man next to her. She trembled as a breeze hit her or maybe it was the closeness of the man walking beside her. His arm firmly planted at her waist guiding her around the puddles.

"Chilly." He rubbed her arm and pulled her tighter to him.

"Not any more."

If they were any closer they'd trip over each other's feet. No complaints from her though as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

As they neared the bushes next to the entrance to her building, Francine noticed something move deep within the branches. She stopped abruptly and pulled Tony back a few steps.

"What . . .?"

Francine put her fingertip to his lips. "There's someone in the bushes watching us." She mouthed as she pretended to search for something in her purse.

"I don't see anything."

Francine smacked his arm. "I know I saw something."

"Frannie those bushes aren't large enough for anyone to hide in or
behind."

Tony was right. Then she saw a branch move. There was something definitely in there. If he said it was the wind, she'd smack him harder this time. "Did you see that?"


"Yeah." He knelt down and peered into the bushes.

Francine leaned over his shoulder to look. She didn't want some wild animal rushing out at her.

"Well I'll be damned!" Tony exclaimed.

"What? What is it?"

Tony rose and turned around. "Looks like someone is lost, wet and cold."

Francine stared at the little kitten mewing and trembling in his arms. "Where's the mother?"

"I didn't see anything else, just this one scared little kitty. Someone probably abandoned it. People do that all the time with unwanted animals."

"How can anyone be so cruel?" She pulled the scarf from her around her neck. "Put her in here."

Tony laid the kitten in the scarf and Francine wrapped it around her in attempt to dry her fur.

Francine couldn't fathom how anyone could just abandon an innocent animal to the elements. She noticed after a few minutes the kitten had stopped trembling.

"What are we going to do with this little fur ball?" Tony asked as he rubbed the kitten's ears.

Francine looked down at the little bundle. Now that she was almost dry she could her see her coloring in the light over the entryway. Her belly was snow white, orange and black wove a colorful pattern over her back down to her swishing tail. "Isn't she sweet."

A calico if she remembered correctly. One of her college roommates had snuck a cat just like this one into their dorm and had told her it was a calico. They'd managed to keep her hidden for the entire semester in their room.

She held the kitten with legs up in both hands and rubbed noses with it. "You gorgeous thing, you!"

"I guess I know what we'll be doing with her."

Francine cradled the kitten in her arms. She felt it begin to purr. "I can't keep her here. The landlord won't allow pets." She sighed.

Tony petted its head. "Well, looks like you're coming home to live with me little one. And how do we know it's a her?"

"We women just know, don't we," Francine said to the kitten. The purring became louder. It was almost like the kitten knew she'd found a home. Francine kissed the tip of her nose. "What do you say kitty. Do you want to come live with Tony? I promise to see you every day."

The cat mewed.

"I think that's a yes." She laughed as Tony engulfed her in a hug. The kitten squirmed between them.

His lips touched hers in a light kiss. "Well come on mama we need to get to the pet store. I don't think she'll eat left over pizza and Chinese food."

They walked to the truck, the kitten once again shrouded in her scarf to keep her from being chilled.

"You know we're gonna have to think of a name for her." Tony opened the truck door for them.

"She'll let us know what it is. Won't you girl?" Francine cuddled the kitten in her arms. When Tony opened the driver's side door illuminating the interior, Francine glanced down at the kitten to make sure she was comfortable. Was that a smile? It sure looked like one to Francine.

The End
Home is Love - Jan G by Friday Challenge
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Scarecrow and Mrs. King is copyrighted to Warner Brothers and Shoot the Moon Production Company. I have borrowed the characters without the permission of WB & Shoot the Moon. This story is for entertainment purposes ONLY, and I do not wish to use this story to profit off of the borrowed characters. This story, however, is copyrighted to the mentioned author. Please do not redistribute or reproduce this story without my permission.

Author's Notes: This story is in answer to the "You gorgeous thing, you!" challenge line set by Julie T. It takes place within the world of Francine and Tony during their first month of dating. This is a companion piece to Cheryl's response to the same challenge called 'A New Life'. Thanks Cheryl for beta'ing this for me.

Summary: A small scrap of life finds a soft landing.
Home is Love

I'm scared. I'm wet and I'm scared. I'm cold too. I don't like this place, everything is so big.

I miss my mama, and my brothers and sisters. I loved to snuggle up to my mama's tummy and sleep, warm and cozy, listening to her heartbeat. When we weren't sleeping, I would jump and roll around with my siblings. It was a happy time. I really loved my family.

Then the big cats came, the ones that walk on two legs and don't know how to meow. They took me away from my mama and kept me in a cold place where there were no other cats like me.

There were small two-legged cats there too. I thought at first they would be fun to play with and for a while they did play with me. But they were also cruel. They kept pulling my tail and my whiskers. Then, one day they really hurt me and I had an accident on the floor. It wasn't my fault; I just couldn't get to my litter box in time. There was a lot of shouting. I knew they were angry with me, so I hid under the couch trembling with fear. One of the big two-legged cats reached under the couch and grabbed me by my leg, I fought him but I was too small and my claws and teeth weren't strong enough to do much damage.

He put me in some kind of bag, it was dark and suffocating. The next thing I knew he was dumping me out in some bushes.

I watched him as he walked away. I didn't know what to do for the best. Run after him? He wasn't nice but at least he fed me. Stay here and be hungry? If I did, at least he wouldn't hurt me anymore.

As soon as I thought of food, my stomach started to growl. There was no food here, only dirt and bushes. It started to rain so I crawled further into the bush to try and find shelter. I tried not to think of the cold, or my hunger, as I curled up as tight as I could in a ball and tried to sleep. I did eventually fall asleep and when I awoke it was dark. The dark doesn't bother me because I can see pretty well at night, but my wet fur did bother me. It smelled. I tried to lick myself dry but I really didn't have the energy.

I thought of my mama, of how she would clean me and keep me warm. I started to cry. I lay there mewling quietly. How did my life change so quickly? How did things go so bad?

I stopped crying as soon as I heard the voices. I could see four feet standing very close to me. I tried to hide amongst the branches of the bush that was now my only shelter. I cringed and tried to crawl deeper into the shadows, when one of the two-legged cats peered into the bush.

He reached into my hiding place with his hand and grabbed me. I was ready to fight if he'd grabbed me by the legs like that other creature had done. But this one picked me up like my mama used to. He held me by the scruff of my neck until he had gotten me free of the branches and then gently held me to his chest.

I could feel the kindness in this man. Yes, I know, now, that these two-legged cats were humans and the males are called men and the females are called women. Funny names, but then all of their language is strange.

The man put me in the woman's arms, and she cradled me in some soft material, using it to dry my fur. I couldn't understand all that they were saying, just the odd word here and there. I heard the word sweet, and then she held me to her face to say hello. I let her rub her nose against mine. I sniffed, she smelled nice. My fear melted away as I heard her say "You gorgeous thing, you!" I knew instinctively that I could trust these people and they wouldn't hurt me.

And then the man started to stroke my head. Oh, this was bliss. I started to purr to show my gratitude to these humans. I didn't even get scared when I found myself trapped between them, although I squirmed a little to remind them that I was still there! Then my stomach growled when I heard the word 'food'. That was a word I understood!

The humans climbed into a big metal thing on wheels. The sweet smelling lady kept me in her arms where I felt warm and loved. My eyes started to close, and as I drifted off to sleep I could hear my people discussing me. They wanted to know my name. Honey. That's what my mama called me. I hope they'll think of that, the lady did think I was 'sweet' and honey is sweet.

I fell asleep and dreamed of a warm hearth, food and love. I dreamed of a real home.

End
Chapter 9 - Stephy by Friday Challenge
Billy Melrose walks into the bullpen informs Francine he doesn't want to be disturbed for the next 15 minutes.

He walks into his office, locks the door closes the blinds, walks to his desk, sits down on his chair and stares at his beauty.

Come here you gorgeous thing you and reaches for the dozen donuts on his desk.
Guilty Pleasure - Cheryl by Friday Challenge
Guilty Pleasure

The staff break room emptied except for the one lone woman sitting at a table in the corner. A glance up at the clock on the wall told her she still had fifteen minutes left for her lunch. Being left alone was one of the reasons she preferred to take a late lunch. She faced the entryway and kept a close eye on the door to make sure she would be uninterrupted.

Now that she was alone she could indulge in her secret vice. From her tote bag she pulled out the movie magazine and began to leaf through the pages. She loved reading about the actors and actresses in Hollywood. Their lives. Their loves. Their shenanigans.

Footsteps sounded and she quickly pushed the magazine into her bag hiding her guilty pleasure. She took a sip of her tea as she watched Fred Fielder come into the room to get one of the stale donuts left over from the morning. He mumbled hi as he munched one. White powder covered his lips.

Another glance at the clock showed her she still had plenty of time to gratify her curiosity about the lives of the rich and famous. She took out her magazine and it fell open to a fall page photograph of the actor, Bruce Boxleitner.

"You gorgeous thing, you!" Prudence Marston sighed. You know he kinda reminded her of the Scarecrow in a lot of ways. His eyes. His smile. Both men were very fine specimens of the male species.

"Hi, Mrs. Marston," Lee said as he went to the vending machine and pushed change into the slot. "Reading anything interesting?"

Prudence felt her face redden. She'd been so engrossed in looking at the photograph she hadn't noticed when Scarecrow entered. Quickly, she stashed her magazine and picked up her tote bag.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Stetson," she said as dumped her trash in the bin and walked out. She made her way back up to her post in the Georgetown foyer. That was it; she'd stop bringing the magazines with her to work. She'd never been so embarrassed in her life. To be caught ogling a photograph. And one that reminded her of Scarecrow. Thankfully, he didn't see what she'd been looking at.

From now on she'd leave the magazines at home to enjoy in privacy. Maybe she'd borrow a romance book from her sister. Patience had been trying for ages to get her to read one. At least they'd be harmless.

The End
Chapter 11- Sue by Friday Challenge
Boy, this was one tough day and she didn't think it would end anytime soon. Francine stood and stretched her stiff muscles. If she was going to get through the next few hours she'd need a quick pick-me-up.

After grabbing some loose change from her purse, she walked into the break room. She slipped the coins one by one into the slot and pressed the corresponding numbers for her selection.

She watched as the metal wheel spun, and her item tumbled to the bottom of the vending machine. It took a firm push for her to open the trap door.

Reaching inside she wrapped her fingers around her prize and pulled it out. Slowly, she peeled the wrapper down. Looking both right and left to make sure she was alone before she passed the chocolate bar under her nose. Inhaling deeply, her mouth watered at the aroma.

"You gorgeous thing, you!" She thought before taking a bite of the Snicker bar. She purred as the chocolate, caramel and nut confection melted in her mouth.

Three bites more and the snack was finished. She tossed the wrapper in the trash and went back to her desk and the mountain of paperwork waiting for her
This story archived at http://www.wickyarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=329