Francine and the King by Cheryl
Categories: Scarecrow and Mrs. King Characters: Francine Desmond
Genres: Comedy
Warnings: LOL
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 445 Read: 3673 Published: 18/05/08 Updated: 18/05/08
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: Scarecrow and Mrs. King and its characters belong to WB and Shoot the Moon Productions. No infringement is intended. This is written for entertainment purposes only. Please do not redistribute or reproduce this story without my permission.

Thanks: Rita and Miss Edna, you make my stories readable by catching all my grammar and other errors.
Chapter 1 by Cheryl
Francine and the King

Francine groaned and wrung her hands together. She should’ve known something was up when no one else volunteered to take the assignment.

Once she heard the term “King,” she’d stopped listening and started daydreaming. How large was the country he ruled? How cute was he? She wished she’d paid attention, instead of letting her mind wander.

“What’s that tapping sound?” Lee asked, looking directly at Francine.

She pressed her hand on her knee to stop her leg from jiggling.

Now she was caught between a rock and a hard place. This would’ve been the perfect job for Amanda. The “happy homemaker” would love it. Maybe if she was, ugh, nice to the housewife, she could finagle her into taking it on. Glancing across the table, she gave Amanda her most charming smile. “Aman--”

Before she had a chance to finish her name, Amanda rose from her chair and followed the rest of the attendees out of the room. “Have fun, Francine, you’ll enjoy it. I promise,” Amanda purred, before the door closed behind her.

Blast the woman! Francine steeled her spine and stood up. She was a professional. She could handle anything the Agency threw at her. At least she hoped that statement was true.

But this was absolutely the last time she’d volunteer for something she hadn’t thoroughly researched. Never again!

“The tour bus will take you to the embassy at eleven am,” Billy said, as he shuffled papers and smirked.

“How old is the king again?”

“Fourteen.”

“And how many of his relatives am I escorting to the National Zoo?”

“Fifteen, ranging in age from four on up.” Billy’s smirk expanded into a maddening grin.

Francine prayed she’d have a few strands of hair left and nerves that hadn’t been stretched to their limit by the end of the day. Kids. They were not her strong suit. Hopefully, the little rug rats were all potty trained.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door. Standing in the hallway were Lee, Amanda, Fielder, Beaman, and everyone else who had been in the meeting. And they were holding a big red sign, with blue printing and smiley faces scattered around the border.

‘April Fool.’

Francine sagged against the wall. Today was April lst. Relief flooded her body. Then Billy’s laughter echoed from behind her.

“We got her good.” Billy high-fived his co-conspirators.

On teetering heels, she marched down the hallway, away from their laughter. She’d get them back. Get them back good. She had a whole year to plan her revenge. And revenge would be sweet.

The End
This story archived at http://www.wickyarchive.net/viewstory.php?sid=144